some wwe news and notes

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
A few early notes on next year’s WrestleMania. Right now the idea that was already teased, which is hardly a secret, is Rock beats Punk for the title at Rumble and then loses to Cena.

Lesnar vs HHH, with HHH winning, has been on the books. Involving Michaels in that finish could be done as a way to “not hurt” Lesnar, for Michaels to tie up his own loose end, and get HHH over.

More than one person in the last two months has said that Undertaker may skip this year’s show, particularly if nobody is ready. If Undertaker is on the card and they go with the original Rock vs. Cena II plan, then Undertaker vs. Punk has been talked about.

The idea of Orton going heel and Sheamus vs. Orton being a Mania match, is in the discussion phase as in a Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara match with the idea they team for months and then break up.

Quote:In addition to Sheamus, as mentioned last week, the other guy they are looking at to be a top guy is Barrett.

Right now for Hell in a Cell, the basic plan is Punk vs. Cena and Sheamus vs. Show in the title matches for Hell in a Cell, plus Kane & Bryan defending the tag titles against Rhodes & Sandow (who were scheduled to win the No. 1 contenders tournament), plus Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. O’Neil & Young. There was a plan in the tag tourney for Mysterio & Sin Cara to lose to Rhodes & Sandow in the finals due to getting screwed by O’Neil & Young. Another match it looks like they are doing is Orton vs. Del Rio.

Quote:Bourne is still rehabbing his injured foot and isn’t expected back in the ring until early 2013.

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HHH just isnt the same without his hair son should sit out.

Im hearing they thinkin maybe Ryback vs Taker.. plz dont let this happen
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    If that mania plan happens, it will be a wack mania
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see Punk/Taker happenin. I was thinking about this a few days ago. CM Punk has been talking about how hes disrespected. All they gotta do is bring Taker back the night after the Rumble and have Punk interrupt him saying that hes tired of Taker trying to steal the Wrestlemania spotlight every year. ? would be GOAT cause I can see them puttin Punk over as not being afraid of Taker until crazy ? starts happening during his promos.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i wouldnt want punk to go over taker even tho takers time is up basically.

but i can see this happenning and punk bring up how he made taker tap or someshit
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Undertaker possibly sitting out WrestleMania is interesting.

Theres not really any intriguing matchups for him this coming year but at the same time the Undertaker match is always a big deal for WM and Taker is nearing retirement so they need to get every match they can out of him at this point.

They could go the Punk/Taker route it most likely gonna be good promos and a good match. But the whole, "wrestler says hes not scared of Undertaker then Undertaker stalks/scares him until their match" thing they would probably do has been done a million times already not to mention every WM since they started emphasizing 'The Streak'. HBK-Taker did that buildup the best so they cant top it.

I think they need to go a different route and have Taker go against a wrestler hes never faced who has something to prove instead of an already established star whos already had several matches against him in the past. Everyone knows the streak is not going to end so they need to have him face a young guy who can take him to the limit and look strong in losing to get the rub.