So we gonna keep acting like life is good is anything but...

Options
RichPorterOfTheIC
RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Reason
above average? Nothing more nothing less, it's just a step above average. Forgot I even had this and threw it on today on my way to work. It severally lacks replay value and to be honest is quite boring. Salaam remi beats were thrash as usual and the sequencing of the album was ? atrocious and took away from the experience of the album. Why on earth would he put worlds and addiction In between 2 upbeat songs? ? is just happy he didn't make anything as boring as his last 4 albums and finally got a hearing aid and picked out some dope beats. Nas the greatest of all time but I'm a call a ? a ? .
rap music, control system>>>>>>>>>>life is good
Who still jamming this ? on the regular besides nas Stan's?

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was bumping the whole album today no lie the song of the day was locomotive
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I was just listening Friday. This will prob be one of the few albums that i will still listen to often years to come. In the day of MP3's I rarely listen to an album in order after the first few times. I agree with the randomness of the track placement you mentioned but the beats were dope to me. It's a downbeat album though.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #threadbackfire .... i had it in the deck since i got it .... i only pulled it out to burn a copy for someone ... ;)

• moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still bumping it. ? , I had to steal it back from my son and burn him his own copy.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Soon to be platinum ... #trustkingbiz
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cosign thread.These nasir groupies called it a classic album but objectively speaking it has no replay value

Besides stay and you wouldn't understand I haven't played none of this album since july it's boring as fucc
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it the Amy whine house track is dope the James bond song yeah I like it.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas been underwhelming. Most overrated legacy alongside Em.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    i was bumping the whole album today no lie the song of the day was locomotive

earlier I had "Stay" on repeat for about 45mins.

just nice chill music for a breezy Sunday afternoon
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was jus bumpin this joint the other day....solid album
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LIG still in rotation
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign thread.These nasir groupies called it a classic album but objectively speaking it has no replay value

Besides stay and you wouldn't understand I haven't played none of this album since july it's boring as fucc

? you said you was a nas fan before, now you talkin bout some "you nas groupies ? outta here!

And as far as the topic, all I know is life is good>>>>>watch the throne
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    that was a grown man album, stick to waka flocka and 2 chainz
    ? please, I ain't a teen or a corny adult donkey poster, I'm a grown ? man and understood what the album and message was about, it was just boring
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    Options

Thank you tommy mufucking bilfinger, I was mostly talking about people calling this a classic upon release when in reality it has zero replay value an some boring ass songs and beats! Worlds an addiction is lyrically dope but the beat was ? thrash, same thing for queens story.

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the nas ? riding is reaching a all time high
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

? you said you was a nas fan before, now you talkin bout some "you nas groupies ? outta here!

And as far as the topic, all I know is life is good>>>>>watch the throne
    There's a difference between a nas fan and a nas groupie/stan. A nas groupie/stan will think nas can do no wrong just because he's nas. A nas fan will critique nas on the quality of his music, if its wack it's wack if its heat rock it's heat rocks.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a great album
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    Options
    For real b, nas my favorite rapper of all time, ? it nas my favorite artist of all time but the ? is hit or miss and ? boring at times, I'm talking about j cole audio NyQuil boring.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    that was a grown man album, stick to waka flocka and 2 chainz
    ? please, I ain't a teen or a corny adult donkey poster, I'm a grown ? man and understood what the album and message was about, it was just boring

i beg to differ but we'll agree to disagree.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Queens story is super wacc.Absolute utter trash

Nasir hasnt dropped a good album since 2001.Jigga had to light a fire under that kid for him to record his Only classic album in his career
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    Allergens wrote: »
    Its ? Nasir Jones, he don't know how to rhyme average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX6oyVvibo

tumblr_ma1zbrDhze1ru9hl7.gif
    Lol I swear nas Stan's think he never dropped a wack verse or bad songs
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    For real b, nas my favorite rapper of all time, ? it nas my favorite artist of all time but the ? is hit or miss and ? boring at times, I'm talking about j cole audio NyQuil boring.

hold up now..lol..we ain't gone talk about Cole..nahh, I'm ? wit ya but I'm a nas fan too..@ one point even ranked him above Jay but he still top 3 to me easily but these nas groupies will say ? like nas has 8 classics and ? and I'm like, are we listening to the same damn songs..like u never see a Jay fan, even a Jay superfan like,say, a usmarin3(no offense )say no dumb ? like Jay has 11 classics becuz ? can say what they want about usmarin3, he has criticized Jays music before..but these ? who claim to be objective will say the dumbest ? possible about nas and will crusade on ya ass if u say one thing remotely negative about him..like ? ain't been saying for years them sleep aid beats were boring as ? and needed a caution sticker on the front of the album..? have been saying that ? for ? years..but let someone say that on here and see how many wacks and nosigns u get