Introducing your S/O to the fam

Options
MsSouthern
MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
edited October 2012 in The Powder Room
I've been with my man for over 2 years. He's met the key players in my fam ...parents ....brother ...kid...nephew ... and sis in law

Tomorrow my cousin is getting married and I'm bringing him. He doesn't seem nervous but for some reason I am.

My fam is nice ...educated..and there are no weirdos on this side. The wedding is at a micro-brewery. Outdoors with bbq and band.

Not sure why I'm nervous though....I'm probably over thinking it.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    definitely over thinking it...
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well you know your fam better than anybody......if u got that one racist uncle u left out the picture, he damn sure gone show his ass when he get full of them beers....if not i dont really see anything going wrong...
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? never introduce me to the fam cause i got too many industry tattoos.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean... my wife is mixed and she got some white folks in her family that ain't exactly in love with the idea that her mother just got all tangled in the ? experience.....

but i gives no ? .. i have no longing desire to be accepted by everybody....as long as i'm happy with who i'm with...i cn give a ? less what their family think... i'm there for her.. not them....
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ARE U SCARED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AND PLS TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF IN WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON... ATLEAST FROM THE NECK DOWN
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, my poor man had to meet everydamnbody at the first Thanksgiving after we met which was only 3 months before..lol.

I was hella nervous about the grandparents, but he handled himself well and I didn't have to get crunk on anybody so I feel it was a success.

He talks about his family at times and I can tell he'd be nervous about me meeting the extended family. I wish I could though, it's his turn to be embarrassed by crazy family members! He's lucky nobody is trying to go to Chicago around here...
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    ARE U SCARED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK?

Not at all ....my fam doesn't have issues with me being with a black man

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on which side g its a big difference in pow wows and dat chitlin circuit and why type of relationship I have with my so at the time most likely I won't attend any of her family functions I can't stand a woman who needs approval from her family for every decision
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never mind my punctuation g
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasnt nervous to meet my wifes people. I know I am a charmer. No problems.

Now her meeting my family. That was an issue. She comes from the Huxable clan(mom side) while my family was more Good Times. She was scared to even spend the night over my grandmother house cause she stays deep in the hood. My father was no better but at least his house had central air. All I have is criminals and oil workers in my family. The people that are doing good have distants themselves.

Then my wife made it worse by talking about the "city". My mom pulled me to the side and was like, "Who is this uppity ? coming down here talking about Shreveport. You betta tell ya!"

EVerything is good now though. They talk to her more than they talk to me.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    lol...where she from folk?
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    I probably am just over thinking it...he doesn't seem to be nervous. His only concern was that the wedding was after the game ..lol
  • caddo man
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    Decatur, GA The good part though.

• caddo man
    Options
    I probably am just over thinking it...he doesn't seem to be nervous. His only concern was that the wedding was after the game ..lol

Texas lose again and they shutting down the wedding.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    My cousin went to Tech ...so he doesn't care

It might effect my mood if we lose .... Jk. Well kinda lol
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My family is very laid back and chill so no I wasn't worried. I was however nervous as hell meeting my husband's family. His sisters are my kind of crowd (a little too ghetto for my tastes but not a big problem), but his parents are super church-y. Every time I see his mom she asks when I'm going to come to her church. We can't drink around them or anything. Plus they are pretty old so I just don't vibe with them on any level. Very kind people though.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, Cali you don got married now, lol good ? !
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king you're late as hell..lol
  • HafBayked
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    Decatur, GA The good part though.

i see...dont feel played....my old lady ? on shreveport every chance she gets lmao....its nerve racking at times but i cant get mad b/c most of it is true smh.....this is my po lil city tho *shrugs*
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Wait, Cali you don got married now, lol good ? !

LOL

I think she is having a baby too ...at least that's what I get from her posts

Cali ???? Am I right ???
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king you're late as hell..lol
    I see lol. I don't post as much as I used to, I post in spurts lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    My mother side is cool as hell just mom dukes be the rowdy one seems like at first she feels aint no Woman out there good for her babies but after awhile she gets cool.

my fathers side is boring as ? and dont give a ? about nothing
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone in my fam is cool!My mom is the toughest to impress she has neva liked any chick I dated its gotten to tha point I don't bother introducin chicks to her
  • caddo man
    Options
    @MsSouthern

Did they cancel the wedding? Cause that ? was a massacre.