Cam Newton needs to get his PR game right

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
The media is starting to dislike him. Some fans are starting to dislike him. Rumors are the lockeroom is starting to dislike him.

Here's clips from his post-game:
http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/49496193#49496193
Carolina is 1-5, and Newton came a bit unhinged in his post-game press conference. "The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director," Newton said. "It’s kind of getting boring. This taste, this vibe — I’m not buying it, man. And I don’t know what it is, but something’s going to have to change. Something’s going to have to change real fast."

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he did throw young and russell under the bus, now he know how it feels
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah ? just needs a therapist he doesn't know how to take an L without getting all emotional.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk i just dont think cam is bright enough to be an elite nfl qb. i hope he proves me wrong
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude has always been about nothing but himself

This is the same ? who does that ? superman ? even when he's losing
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is the problem with that? what was the problem with any of the interview?

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-Postgame/3b1e0974-5470-49a9-b2a8-92cba6b8230f

aside from his choice of clothing
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like he's trying to get his coach's fired
  • CockMcStuffins
    Options
    I guess its his coaches fault he threw a crucial pick in the end zone

I guess its his coaches fault he fumbled on a game clinching run against the falcons
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He actually said "he's the only person he can trust" what kind of ? says that on a football team.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame y'all. ? lawst double digit games last year, yet fans and the media did nothing but tell him how "great" he was because he was slanging the ball all over the place (which is what QBs on losing teams HAVE to do).

Now that he's exceeded the expectations of being the next Jamarcus Russell, him and all of his 2011 dickriders are lookin' like a bish that just kicked out the crib after gettin ? .

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess its his coaches fault he threw a crucial pick in the end zone

I guess its his coaches fault he fumbled on a game clinching run against the falcons

Nah, that only works with Andy Reid bro
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For one RG 3 took his spot and 2 i see nothing wrong w his post game interview
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elzo you see nothing wrong with throwing your o coordinator under the bus and you don't minde cam saying that he is the only person he can trust even though he threw a pick. He blamed everyone but him.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Elzo you see nothing wrong with throwing your o coordinator under the bus and you don't minde cam saying that he is the only person he can trust even though he threw a pick. He blamed everyone but him.

he said specifically that throwing that pic is unacceptable and affected the game. he also said everyone has to get better, including himself.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont know how a qb on a 1-5 team is supposed to act.. people saying he should stay positive. how can you honestly expect somebody to still be optimistic and cheerful when he's on one of the worst teams in the league?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    i dont know how a qb on a 1-5 team is supposed to act.. people saying he should stay positive. how can you honestly expect somebody to still be optimistic and cheerful when he's on one of the worst teams in the league?

I agree with that.

Nothing worse than seeing your QB have that "no ? given" look after multiple lawses...

jeff_george_275.jpgimage.php?productid=25418Michael-Vick-Finger.jpg

Glad those days are over. Now my QB tells homotional, overrated QBs to get the ? off his field.

*looks at SIG with pride.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I thought the panthers would be doing something this season. Cam gotta stop whining to the media so much though. Cant do it every game..
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i hate that gimmicky ass college offense they run in carolina...? is painful to watch
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Team is not good, Even if he said all the right things in his interviews and everybody likes him they still gon lose . Well you should act like this and you should act like that let that ? do him and let his front office put together a team that can play winning football.
  • Matt-
    Options
    The Team is not good, Even if he said all the right things in his interviews and everybody likes him they still gon lose . Well you should act like this and you should act like that let that ? do him and let his front office put together a team that can play winning football.

word. its hard to justify drafting deangelo williams in the first round then draft jonathan stewart in the first round pay them both starter money, then draft Jon Beason pay him a big contract. then draft another MLB in the first round. those are just the most glaring problems. you cannot build a team that way. I don't care if you have cam newton or tom brady.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wish he was my qatabac :(
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CockMcStuffins
    Options
    "i can only control what i can control, and thats myself"

lol this ? is selfish as ?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlubc-kNsY
    ? needs to get it together,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sweet lord.....that sweater.......smh

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam not use to Losing so he doesn't know how to handle it , He won in HS ...Won a National championship in Juco , Won a National championship at Auburn ...and he was a part of FLA teams that won even though he didn't play much .

im not making a excuse for him but all this is new to him.....this kid has probably never been on a losing team ever, and he just doesn't know how to mentally react to it because this is a first time thing for him .. the red flag for me was last year though when he would do so much celebrating when he would score a TD and you still got 3 QT's to go in the game and then the team would lose , he gets too High emotionally and he gets too low....he needs to take a page out of Eli book , i swear if you turn the cameras towards Eli if he on the side you'll never know if his team is winning or losing because these guys understand how hard the NFL is , they understand how hard the QB position is , they understand leadership and that by setting a example at a prime position that others will follow ...but if you show cam on the side i wouldnt even have to know the score He's over there by himself majority of the time with a towel over his head and his head in the dirt looking down...you can't do that as a "Leader" if you emotionally check out then so will the others.

his career record right now is 7-14 , if i were him i'd can all that Superman endzone Sh*t or dunking the ball or spike'n it and just hand the ball to the ref and head to the sideline ...miss me with all that "Swag" sh*t cuz that aint no f*ckin stat and that don't win games ....once he learns how to stop getting too high and too low emotionally is when he'll have a lot of success with victories because it will allow him to play better
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlubc-kNsY
    ? needs to get it together,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He's telling the truth he can only do what he can do
This discussion has been closed.