Official 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread

Options
BlackAX410
BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Wit a new overhauled nd now athletic roster I'm expecting huge things dis year. Improved bench play, Pierce comin back in shape, Rondo improving leadership wise nd wit his jumper KG da defensive anchor dis, Jeff green nd Jason Terry comin thru aggressive off da bench our steal of a 1st round pick Jared Sullinger da great pick nd pop ability of Brandon Bass, da athleticism nd defense of Courtney Lee Banner #18 is lookin realistic as dis is da deepest team sincce KG got here in 07. We wont lose a step after havin Ray Allen leave as Doc Rivers will make da necessary adjustments to have dis team successful.

CelticsLogo_History.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQX1KgmJtk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdfphFZEDeo

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    We have looked horrid in the pre-season so far.. we should be a top 4 team tho in the east dunno about top 2.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love what i've seen so far in the pre season, so much depth with this team I dont even know how Doc is going to rotate all the minutes, still its a good problem to have, I wouldnt be surprised if we dont look like a championship caliber team by the deadline that Danny will make a move, I dont think the Barbosa signing was just a "never can have enough depth" type of signing, I think Danny is looking ahead at a potential deal
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    We have looked horrid in the pre-season so far.. we should be a top 4 team tho in the east dunno about top 2.

idk bout horrid da players who are gonna get rotation minutes have looked good they need to get da turnovers nd pick nd roll defense together by opening day next week but it was a lot of positives in da preseason. Da days of burnin 15-20 seconds waitin for Ray Allen to get open for screens are ova
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    celtics going to the finals and will lose to lakers, team is solid, cant wait to watch
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I love what i've seen so far in the pre season, so much depth with this team I dont even know how Doc is going to rotate all the minutes, still its a good problem to have, I wouldnt be surprised if we dont look like a championship caliber team by the deadline that Danny will make a move, I dont think the Barbosa signing was just a "never can have enough depth" type of signing, I think Danny is looking ahead at a potential deal

some celtics fans claim they trynna package a trade for Josh Smith but wit Jeff green improving iont see dat move happening
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    celtics going to the finals and will lose to lakers, team is solid, cant wait to watch

yea man we gotta break dis 1-1 tie in da finals sometime soon lol
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see the celtics in the finals vs the Lake show...the trilogy
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

some celtics fans claim they trynna package a trade for Josh Smith but wit Jeff green improving iont see dat move happening

Jeff Green is primarily Pierces backup so I dont see how that would play a roll, if we could get Smith and only give up Bass/Bradley/and a 1st rounder I say pull the trigger
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Jeff Green is primarily Pierces backup so I dont see how that would play a roll, if we could get Smith and only give up Bass/Bradley/and a 1st rounder I say pull the trigger

im not thrilled bout Smith man he's talented but has a horrible shot selection i like wat Bass does in da Pick nd Pop game nd Avery is an excellent defender plus da salaries wont match
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

im not thrilled bout Smith man he's talented but has a horrible shot selection i like wat Bass does in da Pick nd Pop game nd Avery is an excellent defender plus da salaries wont match

You think hes going to come here and chuck up the same type of shots like he does in ATL? Lets not forget hes a superior athlete compared to Bass, he was ATL's best player in that series against us last year that took us to 6 games, hes been one of the best players for that team for years now, hes been demanding a trade for the last the couple years, hes already said hes not resigning because he wants that 5 year deal that he can get if he hits free agency, I'm almost 100% sure ATL would rather trade him than take a risk of him not resigning or even having to give him a max deal to stay, I'm just saying if we're not at least battling for first seed in the east Ainge would pull the trigger in that deal, as far as the business aspect of it goes I came across this

"Since Boston is over the cap, but under the LT limit, they can take back up to 150% of the salary they send out. Another way of saying that is they could bring Smith here by trading just 67% of his salary. But they have to be careful because if they used that full ratio, they could end up over the LT limit. So they probably want to get closer than the minimum 67% – ’probably need to send at least 10M of salary to make that deal work. Maybe more. they are awfully close to the LT limit. Keep in mind that a deal done later in the year uses pro-rated numbers, so that helps."

That doesnt guarantee he would re sign here, but considering him and Rondo go back to prep school and are known close friends, and he was even working out with the team this past off season, and Doc is the coach every player would want to play for, theres a lot of different reasons why he would want to play here

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Plus we got Lee now, we got Terry for 3 years, Barbosa is solid, I love Avery but he hasnt even proved he can stay on the floor for a full season, I mean two shoulder surgeries can we really sit here and say hes going to be the player he was before the surgery, I think defensively yea he can still be that guy, but Lee got a jumper on top of athleticism, Avery showed signs of being a consistent jump shooter but its hard for me to believe hes going to come back and be able to do that, either way I love this team but I personally think if they could pull that deal off its a win for the C's
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Smith's contract is $12 mil dis year i think Bass, Avery, nd a 1st round pick aint enough money wise dats a collective 7 or 8 Million if u wanna match contracts it would have to be Jeff Green $9 mil gettin dumped nd iont want dat at da moment
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    add in the 1st round 1.5m thats enough to cover the 67%, if they had to they can throw in a Fab Melo or another body but they can pull off the deal without having to match the salary, its just a ? will he re sign here which I think he would unless hes offered a ridiculous contract somewhere, i'm just saying I think its a realistic scenario, and I wouldnt be mad if it goes down
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    i wanna see how well our team does for months before wantin to trade essential key role players for Josh Smith. He's a star but our fan base is overrating him he makes a lot of terrible decisions on da court
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Agreed, i'm not trying to overrate him either but I think Smith in a C's uniform is different than an ATL uniform, I dont think you see him chucking up those awful shots, and playing with a point guard like Rondo and next to KG for his last couple years only going to make him better, just saying if it were to happen
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    if we're underachieving by da trade deadline nd all-star break wit dis much depth i see Danny exploring trade options but if we play to our potential early i see us stayin together
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Josh smith really that's not what the celtics need .
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Josh smith really that's not what the celtics need .

dats how i feel honestly im content wit da roster we have now but a lot of Celtics fans wanna trade for him. Smith brings a lot of good things but iont think he fits our system he's a betta rebounder then Jeff Green nd Bass but he's more turnover prone nd has da tendency to do too much during games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnqZ8hqQ3q8

Boston fans are some of da most harsh in da United States if he pulled some fuckery like dat in a playoff game in a Celtics uniform most of em would wanna stone dat ? lol

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    BOSTON – The goal of most players entering a new season is to either slim down or maintain their weight. For Chris Wilcox, though, being called “skinny” is not a considered a compliment.

The 6-foot-10 big man clocked in at around 250 pounds last year. After undergoing season-ending heart surgery in March, his weight dropped to 227 pounds.

“When I found out about it, maybe a week or two before my surgery it was hard for me to eat because my mind just stayed thinking about [it],” he told CSNNE.com. “Then once I had the surgery and came home, I was on so many medications, I couldn't even eat anything so I had to just start trying to get an appetite again. It was kind of tough for me.”
    Seven months later Wilcox is up to 240 pounds, seven away from his goal of 247. A back injury has prevented him from continuing the training routine he hoped would increase muscle mass.

Probably wont see a lot of Wilcox in the first half of the season but as long hes ready for the playoffs thats all that matters
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will be battling Indiana for the #2 spot & they will probably go through hell trying to win the Atlantic division!!!
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOSTON – The goal of most players entering a new season is to either slim down or maintain their weight. For Chris Wilcox, though, being called “skinny” is not a considered a compliment.

The 6-foot-10 big man clocked in at around 250 pounds last year. After undergoing season-ending heart surgery in March, his weight dropped to 227 pounds.

“When I found out about it, maybe a week or two before my surgery it was hard for me to eat because my mind just stayed thinking about [it],” he told CSNNE.com. “Then once I had the surgery and came home, I was on so many medications, I couldn't even eat anything so I had to just start trying to get an appetite again. It was kind of tough for me.”
    Seven months later Wilcox is up to 240 pounds, seven away from his goal of 247. A back injury has prevented him from continuing the training routine he hoped would increase muscle mass.

Probably wont see a lot of Wilcox in the first half of the season but as long hes ready for the playoffs thats all that matters

I remember Chris Wilcox when he was with the Sonics he was throwing down so many dunks he was fun to watch then he just fell off
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

I remember Chris Wilcox when he was with the Sonics he was throwing down so many dunks he was fun to watch then he just fell off

Wilcox was ballin for us before he had to go in for heart surgery last year, but at the same time it was a blessing in disguise because it forced KG to move to center and Bass into the starting lineup which both moves worked out good for us

• BlackAX410
    Options
    we got enough depth to let Wilcox wait til he's healthy
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    axel , how are you a celtic fan living in MD??? thats is against the rules, your team is 600 miles away , you must be a bandwagoner, you have to pay for directv league pass..blah blah....that was my lame ? impression LOL
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    axel , how are you a celtic fan living in MD??? thats is against the rules, your team is 600 miles away , you must be a bandwagoner, you have to pay for directv league pass..blah blah....that was my lame ? impression LOL

Lol betta believe I got checked bout dat on here before (which is ridiculous to me btw) Wat posters dont understand is da great state of Maryland doesnt have a NBA team. Da Wizards are DC nd da closest team to me is Philly. I became a Celtics fan in 01 at age 9 when I was lookin for someone to model my game after. I wasnt blessed wit athleticism in my hoopin genes so da popular AI, Vince, Kobe, T-Mac, Steve Francis etc. were outta da question lol. so I became a Pierce fan studied his moves nd skill set then naturally da Celtics became my favorite team. Ima be a Celtics even after my favorite player retires which unfortunately is comin soon