Raymond Felton: Nets are talking too much trash

Options
ShadyWorldOrder
ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
"All I'm going to say is tune in to the first game, that's all I'm going to say," Felton told a Knicks blog, then added, "I'm not going to say nothing. I'm not going to do all that extra blabbing and talking that I've been hearing about other people doing over on the other side."

He went on: "I ain't about that talking. I'm about mine when we step on the court, so we'll see when the time comes, when it's time to lace 'em up."

Felton, in keeping with his vow of silence, did not discuss specifics, but ESPN's Ian Begley speculates that it could be Joe Johnson's claim that the Nets are the city's better team, uttered three months ago, or perhaps Mikhail Prokhorov's comment on Good Day New York. "Ah, oh, Knicks. Yes, I've heard about this second team in New York," said the irrepressible Russian. Felton did offer positive comments on Avery Johnson and the Nets team in general. "Brooklyn's got a great team," Felton said.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/10/24/3550370/raymond-felton-is-no-fan-of-brooklyn-nets-trash-talking-if-thats-what

raymond-felton-cupcake.jpg

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are excited over the new team and new arena and just cant wait to get out there and play games and in Deron williams' case: be relevant. I understand why they would talk ? and I find nothing wrong with it.

Who cares what this fat mufucka felton got to say
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he's still fat?

At least the uniforms are dope. Uniforms don't win games though.
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Why the picture gotta be of him eating?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deron Williams gonna make an example out this n*gga
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ two teams full of nothing but trade bait having a rivalry. Either one of them ? could be coming off the bench for Phoenix or Milwaukee by mid season.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooklyn got this Fullback catching feelings already.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    i do think the Nets will make the playoffs though , i don't see how adding Joe Johnson , Gerald Wallace (For a full season) and a healthy Brook Lopez (even though folks overrate the ? out of him) can't make the playoffs..i like Marshon Brooks as a scoring option off the bench , Humphries is a double double guy he chews up Rebounds ....Blatche can be a down right steal in free agency if he focuses and doesn't get lazy cuz he is really talented and CJ Watson is a very solid backup PG

this team is WAY more watchable and much better than last year , but they not in a "Elite" class , i just don't see them being that nice on defense to put them up there like that

but i see them being in the playoffs and at least they got a team i wanna watch play.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both of these teams are average at best.
    Stop trying to keep them relevant like New York rappers, b.
    Knicks had their chance with Ewing in the 90's and flopped.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait for the season to start, I'm a Miami Heat fan but, I can't wait to see how all the stories unfold this year.
    New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets is a rivalry in the making, watch NY ? have barbershop talks about the games.
    Los Angeles Lakers vs. Los Angeles Clippers is another rivalry that is finally relevant, it's going to be exciting.
    Charlotte Bobcats finally have a decent roster, let's see how they work this roster.
    New Orleans Hornets got a goood young team, can't wait to see how they do.
    Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder is a new rivalry in the making, I can't wait to see it.
    Miami Het vs. Boston Celtics has a new twist to the rivalry now that we got Ray Allen.
    Minnesota Timberwolves are going to surprise people and so will the Detroit Pistons.
    Chicago Bulls have to work their way back up because, Indiana got a squad now.

And The Best Thing About This Season........IT'S A FULL 82 GAME SEASON!
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Minnesota Timberwolves are going to surprise people and so will the Detroit Pistons.

Kevin Love will be out for about 5 or 6 weeks , that's going to ? them or i'd cosign the Wolves statement ....but they'll already be too far behind by time he comes back
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont even know why the nets are being hyped. just because they moved from nj to ny, doesnt mean they still dont suck.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited October 2012
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    I dont even know why the nets are being hyped. just because they moved from nj to ny, doesnt mean they still dont suck.

because their roster isn't even close to being the same , they've improved
  • joseph sun
    Options

they improved from a terrible team, to a bad team. they wont make the playoffs
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited October 2012
    Options

Yes they will

Starting 5 : Deron Williams , Joe Johnson , Gerald Wallace , Kris Humphries , Brook Lopez

Bench : CJ Watson , Marshon Brooks , Blatche , Bogans , Evans , Teletovic

they're going to make the playoffs

hell the Hawks were making the Playoffs and their roster has never equaled that , Nets stay healthy they'll be in there
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options
    The Nets would have been a competitive team last year with Lopez.

This year they are a playoff team that will be a tough out.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead at the pic of him eating twinkies

• joseph sun
    Options
    ok theyre arent a bad looking team, but they still gotta lot to prove before getting any hype because they gotta team of players who seem good but become let downs.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

they will be better than the 76ers with your sensitive center that cant handle criticism and just to rub it in

Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Andrew Bynum 4 4 0 4 21.3 2.5 5.5 .455 0.0 0.0 2.3 3.5 .643 1.0 3.8 4.8 0.8 0.0 2.0 0.8 5.0 7.3
    Brook Lopez 4 0 4 4 37.8 8.3 16.3 .508 0.0 0.0 7.5 9.0 .833 4.3 5.5 9.8 3.0 1.0 1.5 2.3 2.8 24.0

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh Bynum is wayyyy better than 5 rebound brook.
  • joseph sun
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

they will be better than the 76ers with your sensitive center that cant handle criticism and just to rub it in

Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Andrew Bynum 4 4 0 4 21.3 2.5 5.5 .455 0.0 0.0 2.3 3.5 .643 1.0 3.8 4.8 0.8 0.0 2.0 0.8 5.0 7.3
    Brook Lopez 4 0 4 4 37.8 8.3 16.3 .508 0.0 0.0 7.5 9.0 .833 4.3 5.5 9.8 3.0 1.0 1.5 2.3 2.8 24.0

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

misleading stats. even the nets would trade lopez for bynum in a heart beat.

• KeepOnPushing
    Options
    ok theyre arent a bad looking team, but they still gotta lot to prove before getting any hype because they gotta team of players who seem good but become let downs.

i'll agree with the Bolded

But with Dwight out the East it's only going to get easier for teams in the paint and the Magic aint going any damn where.....Chicago is iffy right now they don't have Rose but they have a hell of a coach who just knows how to get it done ....Charlotte will be wack , i dont see Atlanta doing much ...Cleveland? hell no ...Washington? No...Detroit? No

that's why i said the Nets will be in the playoffs unless they suffer key injuries , i could see the Nets in that 5th or 6th range in the East

Only one team out the Southeast in my opinion will make it and that's Miami ...Atlanta & Orlando were making the playoffs as well but i don't see that happening, i could see the Atlantic being the strongest Division and possibly 4 teams coming out of there
  • eyes low
    Options

No we wouldn't we don't want no overhyped ? with no knees.

• joseph sun
    Options

wasnt lopez injured longer then bynum last year.

• eyes low
    Options

wasnt lopez injured longer then bynum last year.

Yeah the only season he missed a game while Bynum routinely misses like 20 games a season