Death Penalty or Life in Prison. Which is Worse?

Options
2»

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life. The option of going 20-30 years without a home cooked meal, a woman, freedom to roam and wander, freedom to pursue a goal its gotta hell on Earth. Who wants to live that long getting permission to ? , shower, or move from room to room?
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life w/o parole is the WOAT!!!!!! i dont care how hard you think you are. 23 hour lockdowns in isolation until the day you die will ? the hardest nut. id rather go out in a blaze of glory than spend the rest of my life underground in a supermax. i'll take that lethal injection close my eyes and take a nap anyday over that ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A lot of people are exposing themselves. Last time I checked black people care about their lives. If we were on some go out of with a bang type ? , we wouldn't have been enslaved in the first place. Dudes would have revolted IMMEDIATELY or committed suicide rather than go through a "life" full of hell.

SMH @ these "I rather go out with a bang ass clown." Where they do that at?
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta roll with Life in prison. I always said if i did get life right then and there in the court room im going for the baliff's gun ....? sittin around rotting ...get it over with and shoot me
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life in prison with no chance of parole is worst.

That chance of parole alone can keep some prisoners spiritually alive, just ask Charles Manson.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They give me life, I'm pulling a Brian Nichols.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you got life in prison you can plan an escape, or file an appeal, or try to earn parole, you have options.

If you get the death penalty, theyre gonna ? you.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dirtysanchez ... why d fck u clicking abuse for every post
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Kushington wrote: »
    If you got life in prison you can plan an escape, or file an appeal, or try to earn parole, you have options.

If you get the death penalty, theyre gonna ? you.

Please notice that i prefaced my comments by saying life w/o parole is the woat!!!!! life with the possibilty of parole is totally different. even charles mansion gets a parole hearing every few years. that may be just enough to keep some from losing it. but if you are relativly young and catch that life w/o parole i'd personally prefer to take a nap on the lethal injection table them spend the next 40-50 years locked down in isolation 23 hours a day in a federal supermax.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    life is worse....

imagin bein 90 somthin years old n da last 70 u was n jail....
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life for sure, because I did two days and cannot imagine doing that for life. My only purpose every second of everyday would be to figure out how to escape.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u get life w/o parole at a young age u might commit that anyway.

"Suicide, a few tried to take it. Belts tied around their neck in jail cells naked" - Nas
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys do realize nobody is receives the death penalty immediately . Most people are put on deathrow for at least 10 yrs