18 year old kills neighbor because she "wanted to know what it felt like to ? " (W/Pics)

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
AP- The mother of a murdered nine-year-old girl has sued a mental health clinic saying it was in a position to know and prevent the violent tendencies of the teenager who killed her daughter. Patricia Preiss filed the wrongful death lawsuit against Pathways Behavioral Healthcare, two employees and 18-year-old Alyssa Bustamante, who was convicted in Elizabeth Olten's death.

Bustamante was 15 at the time of the October 2009 slaying in St. Martins, Missouri - a small community just west of Jefferson City. She was sentenced in February to life in prison with the possibility of parole after pleading guilty to killing Elizabeth.

During Bustamante's sentencing hearing in February, Cole County prosecutors and the teenager's public defenderspresented evidence that Bustamante had cut herself a number of times and had been hospitalized at the Mid-Missouri Mental Health Center in Columbia after a 2007 suicide attempt. She became a Pathways client after she was released from the hospital. Bustamante admitted in court that she strangled Elizabeth, stabbed her and slit her throat, then buried the child in a wooded area behind their homes.

During the hearing, prosecutors pointed to a journal entry written by Bustamante on the night of the slaying in which she described it as an 'ahmazing' experience. In court, Bustamante apologized for her actions. The lawsuit by Preiss alleges that Bustamante had indicated to Pathways personnel that she wanted to harm Elizabeth. Pathways' employees 'were aware of the same violent propensities of Bustamante, as well as the specific, identifiable threats to harm Olten,' the lawsuit says.

But 'none of these defendants took actions to detain Bustamante' and 'none warned Olten or Preiss of the specific threat on Olten, nor did they take any action that might have prevented Bustamante from harming Olten.'

Pathways counselor Ron Wilson, who was named as a defendant in the lawsuit, had testified during Bustamante's sentencing hearing that she had not indicated she was a threat to anyone but herself. The lawsuit also names Pathways psychiatrist Niger Sultana as a defendant. Mel Fetter, president and CEO of Pathways' parent company Compass Health, refused to comment on pending litigation.

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Options
    The lawsuit, which was filed October 18, was assigned to Cole County Circuit Judge Patricia Joyce, who also presided over Bustamante's sentencing hearing. No hearings had been scheduled as of Monday. Ms Preiss previously filed a separate wrongful death lawsuit against Karen and Gary Brooke, who are Bustamante's grandparents and were her legal guardians at the time of Elizabeth's slaying.

St. Louis County Circuit Judge Gloria Reno ordered a $400,000 judgment in that case, after an October 3 hearing.
    Prior to receiving her life sentence in February, Bustamante said to the family of her victim: 'If I could give my life to bring her back, I would. I just want to say I'm sorry for what happened. I'm so sorry.'

Elizabeth's family members wept as Alyssa made her statement prior to the sentence being handed down by Cole County Presiding Judge Patricia Joyce. The teenager's defense attorneys had argued for a sentence less than life in prison, saying Bustamante's use of the antidepressant Prozac had made her more prone to violence. They said she had suffered from depression for years and once attempted suicide by overdosing on painkillers.

But prosecutors sought a longer sentence, describing the 18-year-old as a thrill killer who lacked remorse. They noted that Bustamante had dug two graves several days in advance, and that on the evening of the killing had sent her younger sister to lure Elizabeth outside with an invitation to play. Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt David Rice testified that the teenager told him 'she wanted to know what it felt like' to ? someone.

The trial's conclusion follows days of testimony in a small courtroom in Missouri's capital city. Proceedings descended into chaos during the trial as prosecutor Mark Richardson made an impassioned request for a lifelong sentence for Bustamante. Her grandmother and grandfather stormed out of the courtroom, prompting Bustamante — who had been staring blankly downward as Richardson recounted her crime — to begin silently crying for the first time in her court proceedings that have spanned more than two years.

As the judge sentenced Bustamante, Elizabeth's grandmother interrupted and cried out from her wheelchair. 'I think Alyssa should get out of jail the same day Elizabeth gets out of the grave!' declared the grandmother, whom a prosecutor later identified as Sandy Corn. The emotional, two-day sentencing hearing highlighted by repeated references to words Bustamante had written in her diary on the night she strangled, slit the throat and repeatedly stabbed Elizabeth.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Bustamante, then 15, wrote that it was an 'ahmazing' and 'pretty enjoyable' experience, ending the entry by saying: 'I gotta go to church now...lol.' 'The motive has to be the most senseless, reprehensible that could be in humankind, and that is to take a life for a thrill,' Richardson said. Bustamante's attorney, Donald Catlett, cited the testimony on Tuesday of mental health professionals who described Bustamante as a 'psychologically damaged' and 'severely emotionally disturbed' child.

They recounted her family's history with drug abuse, mental disorders and suicide attempts, noting her father was in prison and her mother had abandoned her. Her mother was in the courtroom on Tuesday for the first time. Various mental health professionals testified over the course of the two-day hearing that Bustamante suffers from major depression and displays the features of a borderline personality disorder. Some also said she shows early signs of a bipolar disorder. Bustamante began taking the antidepressant drug Prozac after a suicide attempt on Labor Day 2007 at the start of her eighth grade year.

Her dosage of the medication had been increased just two weeks before she murdered Elizabeth. Bustamante's attorneys presented evidence from a psychiatrist who testified that Prozac could have been a 'major contributing factor' in the slaying — a theory rejected by a prosecution psychiatrist who insisted there was no scientific evidence of Prozac causing homicides, or even increasing aggression.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well she obviously has a personality disorder
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt read ? looks like shes 14 tho ...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    yo wtf do white people be on.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 KATT COMES IN AND TRIES TO TAKE UP FOR HER SISTER
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Didnt read ? looks like shes 14 tho ...

That's because she was.

This story is kind of old, she killed the girl when she was like 14 or 16, somewhere around there.
  • Whore-Us
    Whore-Us Members Posts: 39
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She got nice tittys on the bottom pic...im young u old ? cant say that
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    genocide might know this chick
  • Whore-Us
    Whore-Us Members Posts: 39
    Options
    genocide might know this chick
    That's like a double entendre.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    article-2084779-0F674F0300000578-397_306x423.jpg

Charles_Lee_Ray.jpg

What do ya know my post was childs play related too lol
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smas........Come on bruh, that's my thing.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Her ? sittin clean dho
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody should stab that girl to death. What a ? !
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Valid reason to ? .

I said "I'd smash" last time, and I'll say "I'd smash" this time.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I stay away from people that like that vampire culture. Thats a sign that they're crazy.

What if they're teenagers that are into twilight and all that ? ?
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she gonna see how it feels to sit 35 to 50 years in prison
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know too many white ? with the last name Bustamante, she is clearly hispanic
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know too many white ? with the last name Bustamante, she is clearly hispanic

You do know their is a such thing as a white Hispanic right?