Hurricane Sandy: Looters Tweeting Plans for Frankenstorm Mayhem

Options
Gang members are tweeting plans for looting during Hurricane Sandy, as it hammers the New York region Monday and Tuesday, according to reports. The Twitterverse is flooded with threats to pillage during the weather phenomenon known as "Frankenstorm."

There was unrestrained looting of homes in the wake of Irene last year, although the press underreported the story. Also, miscreants plundered New Orleans for weeks after Hurricane Katrina, so this current situation has the potential to spiral completely out of control.

The police departments in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York need to prepare, because a major crime wave is headed in their direction. The Frankenstorm mayhem may even be worse than during Katrina, because of the effects of social media. With Twitter and Facebook, it's become so much easier for criminals to coordinate their activities.

Here's a small sample some of the scores of tweets threatening to loot during Hurricane Sandy:

"Who wants to go looting with me when Sandy hits?! I need some new ? !"
"Bout to do some looting when this hurricane finally hits....gonna get a new laptop and tv...this hurricane might be the best thing to happen."
"I'm gonna go looting once this hurricane hits Utica."
Click here for more of these tweets. The New York National Guard has mobilized 1,175 troops for the five boroughs of New York City, Hudson Valley, Long Island, and the Southern Tier during Hurricane Sandy. Many of these tweets are likely just jokes, but authorities should still keep on eye this situation.

http://www.infowars.com/gangs-plan-hurricane-looting-spree-via-twitter/
Examples of tweets from individuals planning to go on looting sprees include the following;
“Bout to do some looting when this hurricane finally hits….gonna get a new laptop and tv…this hurricane might be the best thing to happen.” (SOURCE)
“If this hurricane gets real bad I’m looting stores ! i always wanted to do that.” (SOURCE)
“I’m gonna go looting once this hurricane hits Utica.” (SOURCE)
“Has #HurricaneSandy made landfall yet? My ? ass is ready to go looting!” (SOURCE)
“helllll yeah I’m gonna go looting after the storm hits.” (SOURCE)
“Who wants to go looting with me when Sandy hits?! I need some new ? ! (SOURCE)

Comments