SO, THE NEW TREND IS TO ? YOURSELF.. SMH

Options

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are logging off in a sense. I've seen people get exposed here and never post again. Grant it they come back as an alias but still...
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Families aint really families anymore...cant speak ur mind cuz ppl get offended for the slightest...it used to b a community raising a kid...now u cant touch another persons child let alone talk to them without a fight poppin off...not to mention kids dont even go outside anymore...just a change in society overall which has made kids what they r today

Thin skinned
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try suicide................Yolo (You Only Live Once)
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's basically a problem of poor parenting due to a soft society

this is basically a soft rich country problem

parents no longer equip their children with critical coping skills.............and society encourages coddling at every level

suicide is some tragic ? ..............but what's even more tragic is how it's taboo to intervene and tell the truth before someone finally kills themselves
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options
    people have always been killing themselves over bullying and other nonsense. when I was a teenager I had a suicide attempt. It wasn't over bullying though. Teenagers are just full of hormones and over dramatic.

You guys just think it's a trend now because you are just now noticing it, but suicide amongst teenagers has always been prominent.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options
    Lady Zee wrote: »
    I dont think this is a new trend, Kurt Cobain allegedly killed himself and it spawned a lot of copycat suicides.

It's sad but I don't think it's selfish, if people are unhappy why should they continue living just to please other people?

At least that way they're in control of their own fate. In the words of Kurt 'it's better to burn out than fade away'

KC DID ? himself. There is no "alleged" about it.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    These suicide kids get no sympathy, why dont they learn to defend themselves?

You cant run from your problems...you gotta stand up to people.

Or you can ? yourself like a beyotch.
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh, I love myself too much. If I have that much of a problem with somebody else, homicide>>>>>>>>
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parents need to quit coddling their kids. Life is hard, get over it.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What makes you think these kids that commit suicide are coddled?

There is a demographic of people who are most likely to commit suicide:

Single men over the age of 40.

Men are also more likely to commit more violent suicides than women.
  • Kushington
    Options

Who cares about the stats? Unless you have a terminal illness or injury, people who ? themselves are soft.

They made a conscious decision to end their own life, because life's pressures were too much for them.

Its darwinism in its purest form....no sympathy. You dont want to live??? ? yourself then, life goes on.
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a demographic of people who is most likely to commit suicide:

I'm no expert on the subject but I think this is a generation is just a weak generation. I guess I'm comparing them to myself as a child. I went through some terrible things as a child, including bullying so I don't have much sympathy for people who decide to ? themselves.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

Who cares about the stats? Unless you have a terminal illness or injury, people who ? themselves are soft.

They made a conscious decision to end their own life, because life's pressures were too much for them.

Its darwinism in its purest form....no sympathy. You dont want to live??? ? yourself then, life goes on.

The stats matter because someone said that parents coddle their children. The stats say that overall there aren't children committing suicide. No ? .

Anyway, I can understand if you don't have severe depression that you don't get it.

This is the reason psychiatrists and therapists exist.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple

I said this in the other thread about bullying..folks on the IC have had their personal lives ? with AFTER they log off...when people got ways to contact your family, friends, job...just logging off won't work or stop it.
  • Kushington
    Options

The stats matter because someone said that parents coddle their children. The stats say that overall there aren't children committing suicide. No ? .

Anyway, I can understand if you don't have severe depression that you don't get it.

I was a psych major, so you miss me with that ? ...I know why mentally unstable people do what they do.

But for NORMAL people, life has ups and downs, you gotta deal with both and everything in between.

Everybody that is alive has some type of problems.

We all dont ? ourselves, self preservation is supposed to override everything else in life.

• bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple

I said this in the other thread about bullying..folks on the IC have had their personal lives ? with AFTER they log off...when people got ways to contact your family, friends, job...just logging off won't work or stop it.

Well internet bullying is a different beast because you don't view the people on the screen as real. They're just imaginary people to ? around with, and basically ruining their careers, social lives, or whatnot is just part of a game the people here are playing. For them it's not real. I've gotten caught up in exposure stuff on other websites myself, even though I'm not proud of it. I've never effected someone in real life, but clearly some people cannot tell the difference between real life and pretend.
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

you also left out women attempt suicide 5 times more often then men.

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

haven't been suicidal before but i know people who've committed or attempted suicide, and i have to disagree. these people are not weak as much as sick. sometimes, the sickness is from within, but it's also external. and they merely lack the will to live any more for whatever the reason....

really it actually takes considerable amount of courage and will to commit suicide ...

problem is unfortunately our culture often gives people the impression that no one goes through the same pain as them or they are alone in suffering...

• Kushington
    Options

haven't been suicidal before but i know people who've committed or attempted suicide, and i have to disagree. these people are not weak as much as sick. sometimes, the sickness is from within, but it's also external. and they merely lack the will to live any more for whatever the reason....

really it actually takes considerable amount of courage and will to commit suicide ...

problem is unfortunately our culture often gives people the impression that no one goes through the same pain as them or they are alone in suffering...

Perseverance takes more will and courage than suicide.
  • MrLunatik1979
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Perseverance takes more will and courage than suicide.
    it's funny how you try speaking on something you obviously don't have a clue about. Unless you have lived through depressed and lived through being suicidal you have no idea what's going on in their head, you have no idea how weak or strong they are... so stop making yourself look like a clueless, ignorant ? .

• bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options

I was a psych major, so you miss me with that ? ...I know why mentally unstable people do what they do.

But for NORMAL people, life has ups and downs, you gotta deal with both and everything in between.

Everybody that is alive has some type of problems.

We all dont ? ourselves, self preservation is supposed to override everything else in life.

Yes I was a psych major too and I intend to be a counselor. I find it really disappointing that you lack any empathy for people with mental illness. You've backtracked and said "normal people." Exactly. People who commit themselves are not normal people, they are mentally ill. Suicide is also something that takes a lot of resolve. I assume here, considering your view, that you have never contemplated suicide. I have several times in my life. It's not something I chose because I was "giving up." It's something I chose because I thought it would be better for my family, friends, the world. It's that kind of ? up thinking that makes it clear these kind of people need to be in special treatment, not looked down upon and told they are nothing for it.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haha @ "I was a psych major"

like that instantly makes someone a subject matter expert in all fields of mental health

did you at least get a master's fam?
  • MrLunatik1979
    Options
    that was almost as intelligent as all the other ? you've spewed in here.

also if you were really a psych major you would know that NOBODY understands mental illness and NOBODY understands why some have the will to live and others don't. So stop fronting you lying ?

• Kushington
    edited November 2012
    Options
    haha @ "I was a psych major"

like that instantly makes someone a subject matter expert in all fields of mental health

did you at least get a master's fam?

I didnt say I was a mental health expert.

With proper treatment, therapy, and a good support system, I think suicidal people can be helped.

Suicide isnt the answer. That was my only point, sorry if i delivered that message crudely.