So Lebron is going to be the only Player ever immune to the "We're gonna vote for somebody else for

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do MVPs even matter. Everyone is gonna have their opinions on who's the most valuable anyway.

It's not like the award is given based on 100% fact. It's awarded based on other people's opinions.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the bigger question is how does kobe only have ONE mvp in 17 years...

answer: white people.

The white girl he "? " and then the white players, (nash & dirk) the NBA gave kobes MVPs to because of the negative attention he brought the NBA
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^That's why magic got the mvp cuz of the record at the same time jordan didnt have 1 all star teammate like magic had wit worthy.Byron scott and worthy averaged 20+ that year

2nd best player on the bulls was pippen who put up 14 ppg.Ac green put up those on the lakers.Magic had more talent

they weren't looking at it like that they looking at it like okay Kareem just retired and Magic is still leading the team to the top of the Division and Best Record in the Conference.

Kareem was on that squad too, that was his last season

yeah my bad but its about wins its usually 1a) the Best player on the Best team in the regular season ie Lebron back to back MVPs, Derrick Rose 2010 1b)the best player on a team that they thought were going to fall off after a crucial piece was injuried but the team still won ie kobe in 2008 lebron in 2012
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lebron's last year on the Cavs they won 60+ games
    He left and the very next year they won like 12 games.

There is no more valuable player than that.

Quoted for the trillness.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

The white girl he "? " and then the white players, (nash & dirk) the NBA gave kobes MVPs to because of the negative attention he brought the NBA

well at the beginning of his career he was playing with Shaq . 05-07 the lakers weren't winning even tho Kobe had monster numbers. He won in 08 . then Lebron got 3 outta 4 and Derrick Rose won the other one.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Rrrrrright...or it could just been this:

well at the beginning of his career he was playing with Shaq . 05-07 the lakers weren't winning even tho Kobe had monster numbers. He won in 08 . then Lebron got 3 outta 4 and Derrick Rose won the other one.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know it's crazy that Nash has just as many mvps as Tim Duncan and more than Shaq,Kobe,Kg,Dirk and A.i that's why the award dropped value imo
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

I know it's crazy that Nash has just as many mvps as Tim Duncan and more than Shaq,Kobe,Kg,Dirk and A.i that's why the award dropped value imo

Well his first mvp award was warranted the suns went from 29-53 in 03-04 to 62-20 in 04-05 when Nash signed. in 05-06 he probably shouldn't have won it , Lebron should have won it maybe Duncan . But Kobe nah team was a 7th seed and the Clippers finished ahead of them .
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Shaq should have won it in 04-05
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Shaq did ball out in his 1st year in Miami...we should have been Finals bound had Wade not gotten injured lol.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He will get competition from Durant but its obvious to me that it should be his to lose. Its not his fault that the Heat have become more of a monster.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this revisionist history...Lol

Its a regular season award, so looking back-knowing the eventual outcome of that season-is always gonna be flawed.

Only thing I can look back and really wonder is how does SHAQ-not Kobe- have only 1, and maybe Nash's second season winning it. Thats it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MVP's dont mean ? cause there's no clear cut definition on what it's supposed to be

If MVP is really about the most valuable player to his team's success, LeBron aint in the convo
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    MVP's dont mean ? cause there's no clear cut definition on what it's supposed to be

If MVP is really about the most valuable player to his team's success, LeBron aint in the convo

huh?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not gonna win mvps when you can't elevate your team beyond 42-45 type win seasons. Maybe Kobe shouldn't have been chucking up shots during those years and facilitating his teammates like Nash was.
  • R.D.
    edited November 2012
    Options

huh?
    comprehension failure or literacy failure ?
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

huh?

well Lebron has lead the league in win share for about 4 or 5 seasons . Has been the most efficient player for 4 or 5 seasons . but I would like to hear your explanation of why he isn't the most valuable player to his team's success.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Suns went from 13th in the western conference to 1st. The Heat went from 4th to 1st . Nash should have won the MVP 04-05
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I don't care for LeBron behind that whole decision fiasco I won't deny his talent the MVP award will be his to lose the next 4-5 seasons.

I can see a player like Durant sneaking in there and having a shot at stealing one or two though.
  • R.D.
    Options

huh?

well Lebron has lead the league in win share for about 4 or 5 seasons . Has been the most efficient player for 4 or 5 seasons . but I would like to hear your explanation of why he isn't the most valuable player to his team's success.

ehhhh LeBron pads his numbers

but if your arguing using win share, then its a pointless debate

I f a player is the most valuable to his team's success, they would experience a huge drop off without said player

There's other players who hold that type of value to their team
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Suns went from 13th in the western conference to 1st. The Heat went from 4th to 1st . Nash should have won the MVP 04-05

we can agree to disagree, the suns also had 3 all stars in their prime in Amare and Shawn Marion, both of whom were balling and makin all star teams. Shaq turned a 6 seed into a title contender immediately.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

huh?

I f a player is the most valuable to his team's success, they would experience a huge drop off without said player

by what playing hard
  • R.D.
    edited November 2012
    Options

huh?

by what playing hard

subtle ?

its something you gotta be able to pick up on
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

huh?

by what playing hard

subtle ?

its something you gotta be able to pick up on

translation = i'm talking out my ass

How is he padding his stats, by passing to the open ? or getting a rebound. lmfao