So anyone going to check out The Man with the Iron Fists

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
There are a few reviews at: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_man_with_the_iron_fists/

Based on both the good and bad ones, it's pretty much what you expect. If you like classic kung fu movies or stylized violence you'll like this movie. If you're not big on either of those, it will be hit or miss and most likely miss.

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going today when I get off work. Or tomorrow. I'm seeing it this weekend for sure though
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill probably catch that dencel junt this weekend then check this rza junt out next weekend but i'm going to go see it
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    more than likely go tonight
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint even a question. Going tomorrow.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw We oing to see Denzel tonight i might see it Sunday
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a big kung fu fanatic I am, but not tonight tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flying back to alaska tonight, prolly gonna see it sunday.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just seen it. It was pretty dope and it has some corny parts, but the movie overall was real good and the action was entertaining nonetheless, it was more of a 70's homage than anything new these days. Rza did a good performance and it had a comic feel to it in some places.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw it tonight... good movie just not enough fight scenes and the bad guy lost too easy
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I was going to see it but that ? sandy came the sameday i was supposed to pick up my check, and my job been out of power ever since that dumb ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    saw it tonight... good movie just not enough fight scenes and the bad guy lost too easy

That's surprising. Based on the trailers, you would think it was nonstop fighting. That said, the classic Kung Fu movies often had long gaps between fights too.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was going to go but I have no gas smh
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was cool, but felt kinda short. Couple corny moments like dude above me said, but it was straight.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word to my avi, this movie was ? . I saw it tonight and it was so bad people just started laughing at the bad acting and ridiculous storyline.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Out of nowhere, there was a flashback scene where Rza was a slave and he had on this buckwheat wig and everyone just started laughing. The action was underwhelming, the story was boring, and Rza needs to stick with movie soundtracks. Btw, that Kanye track White Dress is crazy!
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn...I'm kinda hesitant to go see it now..but I'm a major Kung Fu flick junkie, so ? it.
  • dwade206
    Options
    Being a Wu and vintage Kung Fu film fan, it would be hard to disappoint me, but this movie should've been released straight to dvd
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know man, it was aiight. I was expecting something different but its hard to explain. Its nothing that I would need to see over and over again so I guess ? really wasn't that tight. Yea and that slave scene was silly.
  • KingKemet
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Being a Wu and vintage Kung Fu film fan, it would be hard to disappoint me, but this movie should've been released straight to dvd

Exactly, it wasn't cinema quality in my opinion. Like I stated previously, man I have OVER 50 classic vintage kung fu flicks that I can watch over and over again. I don't have the urge to want to see this again at all. It had some slick parts, but the overall package lacked direction I guess I'll say.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. The action was fluid, nice story. Russell Crowe was in "no ? given" mode pretty much the whole film, even Rapetista proved to be pretty tight in this joint.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    KingKemet wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »

Exactly, it wasn't cinema quality in my opinion. Like I stated previously, man I have OVER 50 classic vintage kung fu flicks that I can watch over and over again. I don't have the urge to want to see this again at all. It had some slick parts, but the overall package lacked direction I guess I'll say.

*shrugs* Don't really know what you were looking for honestly. It pretty much had everything the classic Kung Fu movies had IMO. I may agree that it wasn't cinema quality, but then again most of the classic Kung Fu movies weren't either. I liked it, but it wasn't Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon or Hero, but I wasn't expecting it to be either of those so I wasn't disappointed.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the acting was horrible and the storyline was all over the place.... it seemed rushed... the frustrating part is that it had the potential to be epic esp with Tarentino helping and the modern technology. they shoulda made the fight scenes longer and better between the bad guys.... Gold Lion was the main villian but died easy as hell
  • KingKemet
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the acting was horrible and the storyline was all over the place.... it seemed rushed... the frustrating part is that it had the potential to be epic esp with Tarentino helping and the modern technology. they shoulda made the fight scenes longer and better between the bad guys.... Gold Lion was the main villian but died easy as hell

Yea, the fight scenes left much to be desired. I thought RZA and Brass body was going to have an epic battle at the end. Especially with the iron fists and the brass clashing, I was envisioning the old school great choreography coming in to play in that scene. Here's an example, no where near the coldest fight scene, merely decent but you can see kind of what I was expecting seeing that RZA grew up on these flicks also. He could have came waaaaay harder. Check the hand play at like 1:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpRZk7tT-XM&feature=related
  • dwade206
    Options
    KingKemet wrote: »

Yea, the fight scenes left much to be desired. I thought RZA and Brass body was going to have an epic battle at the end. Especially with the iron fists and the brass clashing, I was envisioning the old school great choreography coming in to play in that scene. Here's an example, no where near the coldest fight scene, merely decent but you can see kind of what I was expecting seeing that RZA grew up on these flicks also. He could have came waaaaay harder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpRZk7tT-XM&feature=related

Funny thing is, I was just watching this movie earlier today
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone know how much tarantino did though?