Boy Meets World: The Next Generation

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Disney Channel Considering Boy Meets World Sequel Series
Cory and Topanga's daughter would be the focus of Girl Meets World.

by Max Nicholson NOVEMBER 2, 2012

We've seen the highs and lows of Cory Matthews and his lifelong sweetheart Topanga. But what about their daughter?

TVLine reports that the Disney Channel is currently circling the prospect of a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World. Not only that, but insiders say the cable network is looking to cast original series stars Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga); their two characters were married before the popular sitcom ended in 2000. The new series would focus their pre-teen daughter.

Since the end of Boy's seventh and final season, Savage has made numerous guest appearances on other TV shows like Chuck, Bones and Without a Trace. Meanwhile, Fishel's post-Boy work includes National Lampoon's Dorm Daze and hosting duties on Style Network's The Dish.

What do you think? Would you like to see a follow-up to ABC's staple coming-of-age series? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/03/disney-channel-considering-boy-meets-world-sequel-series

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I refuse to believe that any kid in America is stickin around and waiting to hit it for 6 years,
    unless he is a Mormon
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy meets the new generationnnn BLOW IT OUT YER ASS ? !!
    I'm interested though.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was about to make this thread... I'm watching off the strength of nostalgia and Topanga
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    I'm watching off the strength of nostalgia and Topanga

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if its not as goofy as the last seasons are I'll watch it
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i already know i'll hate it
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna watch it. Will look forward to seeing more pics of topanga tho.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Disney so I'm sure this'll cater to the Hannah Montana crowd. Smash Topanga. Pass on the series.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wouldn't be ? without Feeny anyway
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wouldn't be ? without Feeny anyway

Foreal, but he's like 85 now
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do kids even know the original show? id watch it just to see what they do
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? aint the same anymore kids aint into these types of shows anymore and like stomp said it'll be on some Hannah Montana/ Lizzy mcguire type ?
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's Disney so I'm sure this'll cater to the Hannah Montana crowd. Smash Topanga. Pass on the series.

Who you think did the first one? Disney.
    Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Sign On to Boy Meets World Sequel Series, Girl Meets World
    Welcome back, Cory and Topanga.
    by Eric Goldman NOVEMBER 26, 2012

This whole Boy Meets World sequel series news is moving fast! TVLine.com is reporting that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have officially signed on to Girl Meets World, reprising their roles as Cory and Topanga for the Disney Channel pilot.

Executive produced by Boy Meets World creator Michael Jacobs, Girl Meets World will focus on Cory and Topanga’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley. While the pilot is still in the “very early stages of development,” securing Savage and Fishel’s return was no doubt a big priority – especially given the huge response the news about Girl Meets World has gotten since it was announced.

TVLine notes a nationwide casting search is underway for the role of Riley.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/ben-savage-and-danielle-fishel-sign-on-to-boy-meets-world-sequel-series-girl-meets-world

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pass on this dumb ?
  • focus
    Options
    [Update:] Savage and Fishel have now both commented on the news, with Savage simply tweeting, “I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least. The Boy Meets World sequel is officially happening!”

Fishel has posted a lengthy Tumblr blog about Girl Meets Word.

First of all, let me say that you, the fans of Boy Meets World, have been awesome. That word is often used incorrectly by people, including myself, on a daily basis but you have truly been awe inspiring. You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that Girl Meets World WILL BE MADE. J

I do not know how many BMW cast members will be returning for GMW, or how often they may appear if and/or when they do appear. I am going to do my best to not speak for others with this open post. But because I have known Michael Jacobs, Ben Savage, Rider Strong, Will Friedle, and Bill Daniels for 19 years, I know we share many of the same feelings regarding the 7 wonderful years we spent making BMW. Those years were among the most warm, hilarious, insightful, educational years of my life and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Another thing I wouldn’t trade for anything is the integrity and the heart with which BMW was made. I promise with the entirety of my heart that we will make GMW with the same honesty, innocence, and intelligence that you learned to expect from BMW.

I say this because making the decision to do the show involved more conversations than you can possible imagine. These conversations were with the same people I mentioned above because they were all instrumental in creating and maintaining the heart of BMW. The first comment out of every person’s mouth was, “Let’s only do it if we think we can create something as special as we did with BMW.” When the news leaked that GMW was in the making, literally days after I first heard about the project myself, Michael Jacobs and I had a conversation and we talked about how we were both so blown away by the reactions from all of you. We felt honored. We felt nostalgic. We felt touched by the excitement in your comments, tweets, Tumblr, and Facebook posts. But most of all, we felt inspired. We felt inspired to bring these characters back to life and to tell you more of their stories. Michael said to me, “Danielle, when I read what people say BMW meant to them it makes me so very proud of all of us. I think it is important for us, for as long as we are fortunate enough to have this opportunity to do GMW, that we all look each other in the eyes every so often and make sure we know we have something of value to offer the audience.” I think we have that with GMW.

I say that so that I can say this: GMW is a new show. It isn’t BMW brought back to life but in current day. It will have familiar faces, familiar themes, and familiar messages. It will also have new faces, new themes, and new messages. BMW never spoke down to the audience and we are going to do our best to never do that with GMW. But please keep in mind that this there will be episode 1, of season 1, of a brand new show. We started at the same place with BMW but we evolved and we evolved quickly. For those of you who knew and loved BMW, please allow this show to evolve as well. Stick with us. Give us a chance.

In the meantime, a sincere thank you to every one of you for all of your tweets (I read them all, every day. It killed me not to be able to talk about it!), even those of you who asked us not to do it. There were only a few of you but I know why you don’t want GMW to happen and I appreciate that BMW meant enough to you that you don’t want to see its legacy tarnished. I can assure you, we don’t want that either. Your love, dedication, and appreciation means more to us than you could ever know and it will be the driving force behind our passion to make the best show we can possibly make. Thank you for giving us the chance to do it again.

Love,

Danielle

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting... only because the og's are involved
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uhhhhh. what the ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Bring back Smart Guy.

Dope show, I wish it did more seasons.

But Smart Guy's time is passed b - them dudes too old to make it come back and draw in a good audience.

Moe and Floyd made that show.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish I had a kid so I had an excuse to watch topanga post.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should make it more about the parents and have their daughter be a side part....cuz lets be honest everyone would watch for nostalgic reasons and original cast not to dolor their daughter around and ? like that