Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 scriptures come to mind after looking at the preview:

"The horseman lifts up both the bright sword and the glittering spear: and there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of dead bodies; and there is no end of their corpses; they stumble over the corpses:" Nahum 3:3

Nahum 3 has to do with the destruction of ancient Nineveh. The prophecy has double fulfillment. It's also talking about the destruction of Mystery Babylon. The corpse (zombie) imagery in the film reminded me of that verse.

and

"1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of ? in their foreheads. 5And to them it was given that they should not ? them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."
    Revelation 9:1-11

All the zombie films and zombie propaganda is paving the way for the reality of what is truly coming when the 5th angel sounds. The bottomless pit will be opened and creatures so vile, that ? had to chain them up in a pit, will be unleashed upon a world that will be absolutely godless when it happens.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trailer showed TOO much for me.
    i hate knowing the synopsis of a movie like this before i see it
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that ? looks cool
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn even tho i heard that it doesnt follow the book. i may jus ? with this.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    As one who read the book, I'm ? off they are not following the storyline if the book. Looks like a generic zombie movie with Brad Pitt. I'll wait and see tho
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bscoop wrote: »
    As one who read the book, I'm ? off they are not following the storyline if the book. Looks like a generic zombie movie with Brad Pitt. I'll wait and see tho

I had that same viewpoint as well, but then I thought back to the book, there were like 50 stories in there little vignettes. No way to translate that many stories into a full length feature film without it being over 180 minutes.

However a zombie movie about the same runtime of titanic would be goat.

• Max.
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »

I had that same viewpoint as well, but then I thought back to the book, there were like 50 stories in there little vignettes. No way to translate that many stories into a full length feature film without it being over 180 minutes.

I havent read the book(was gona go buy it) what were some of the stories like?
  • Max.
    Options
    Kinda reminds me of i am legend
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i dont know why but i was waiting for the comic con fans to start cheering.....

that was dope im impressed with the zombie special effects watching them stumble over each other was cool.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Filmed in Philly. Think I recognize some of them streets
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn
    that video jus proves how clique'ish hollywood is.
    letting the same people get work when the ? jus isnt working out
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Amotekun wrote: »

I havent read the book(was gona go buy it) what were some of the stories like?

The book is assembled of short stories that explain how that out break took place what caused the outbreak how the landscape of the country strange which countries were now super powers and how they finally contain the zombie outbreak. Again I want to see the movie before I pass judgement but from what the preview show it seems like the movie will be about Brad Pitt and his family and how they respond to the zombie outbreak, or rather how Brad Pitt response to the outbreak.

it is a phenomenal book. But my mind tells me they will screw it up like they did I am Legend.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    The trailer has me wanting to see it, namely because the zombies are so quick. Like someone else mentioned, I'm a lil concerned that the trailer's showin ALL of the movie's good parts, but we'll see. Haven't read the book.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like 28 days.I don't anything about the book so I will peep it un biased.? looks fire
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks live as ? im on it
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they work on the cgi zombie swarms look like a bunch of ants. In the book zombies aren't that fast but I like the change if they can do it properly but if that cgi doesn't get better I'm not watching it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know a link where I can read WWZ for free? They don't have the book at my library, and it's a big waiting list to get it mailed in from another one.

I had one a couple years ago, but I didn't finish the book, and I lost it.

• joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened to some of the audio book and it kinda bored me. this looks like a contender for best zombie movie.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    trailer showed TOO much for me.
    i hate knowing the synopsis of a movie like this before i see it
    it's a zombie movie about people fighting zombies....how did it show too much?

• AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie pyramids??? I'm a big zombie fan and I was looking forward to this movie but after seeing this ? ... I dunno???