(NEW SHOW) MTV's "catfish"(11-12-12) just might be a g.o.a.t show!!!

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Long story short, this ? looks like it's about to be the new "cheaters". It focuses on people meeting online and cameras follow them as they go meet the person for the 1st time. Now y'all know how people be fronting online with the fake/altered/myspace angel pictures and other ? etc etc. It's basically exposing these people so y'all know lots of entertainment could possibly come from this lol!!! They even got where you could sign up to be on the show on the m.t.v website.
@sour you would own this show bruh, lets make it happen!!!TALKING BOUT SHE LOOK LIKE JANET JACKSON. ? GOT OUT THE CAR LOOKING MORE LIKE FREDDY JACKSON!!!

- SMOKEY FROM FRIDAY

'Catfish' MTV Show Brings Online Love Stories To Life
Inspired by 2010 documentary film, reality show follows 'Catfish' on a journey to meet their online loves in person for the first time.

To fully understand and appreciate the unique concept behind MTV's new reality show "Catfish," you should know that the idea for the show came from the success of the documentary film of the same name, which made a splash at Sundance in 2010 and was later distributed and released by Paramount.

In brief, the "Catfish" documentary revolved around NYC-based photographer Nev Schulman and the series of curious events that occurred when he formed an online friendship with a precocious 8-year-old artist from a small town in Michigan and a romantic relationship with her older sister. Without spoiling the film, things were not as they seemed.

Schulman and MTV have since teamed up to create a television series this fall that is based on concepts and events similar to those that unfold in the film, but instead of Schulman being the focal point, he seeks out others who have become emotionally entangled with someone they've met online. Schulman and the "Catfish" team follow them on a journey to meet their online love in person for the first time.

"No show is the same: Every episode of the series is completely unique and deals with two people who have somehow, by the wild and unpredictable science of the Internet, found one another," Schulman recently told MTV News. "Perhaps you call it fate. Each episode starts with a love story. People reach out to me because they're in love or serious-like, and they would like to meet this person so that they can fall in love or see if love is there.

"I'm obviously excited. I know that feeling, I've been there. I had a long-distance romance [with someone] that I was excited to meet and hopefully be with. I go to meet them, and we go on the path of discovery, a road trip, adventure, mystery together."

Schulman explained that the term "Catfish," as applied to the show, defines the people who want to go on that journey and write a new chapter of their life or love stories.

"To think about the definition of 'Catfish,' it's really anybody that is willing to take a risk, push the envelope, leave their comfort zone," he said. "The people who reach out to me are in many ways Catfish because they're looking to take a chance, take a risk, and then there's always a chance the other person we haven't met could also be doing the same thing. [They] might not be being totally honest: We don't know until we get there and we find out."

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word, expose these decepticon ass ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A ? dude I went to highschool with is supposed to be on this.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh my goodness, this is just like the issues my homie been having.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    why is it called catfish tho?

i think i caught some of this the other day...a guy was talking to this girl & he saw she uploaded some song that she claimed was her singing. but he searched it & saw that it was somebody else & she was thanking people for saying they liked the track lolol
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

i think i caught some of this the other day...a guy was talking to this girl & he saw she uploaded some song that she claimed was her singing. but he searched it & saw that it was somebody else & she was thanking people for saying they liked the track lolol
    Read the last paragraph. It's one of those answers that only make sense if you're high.

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because catfish are bottom feeders although it could be tilapia but the name doesn't fit well.
  • Shannic85
    Shannic85 Members Posts: 10
    Options

They explained the title in the movie...from what I remember the guy was talking about fish and he said that cod fish are really bland and so in order to get the to interact or become more lively they add catfish in the group of cod. The catfish bring excitement and give the cod a reason to go on...I don't know if I described it right but that's all I could remember.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Shannic85 wrote: »

They explained the title in the movie...from what I remember the guy was talking about fish and he said that cod fish are really bland and so in order to get the to interact or become more lively they add catfish in the group of cod. The catfish bring excitement and give the cod a reason to go on...I don't know if I described it right but that's all I could remember.
    You see, you got to be high to understand it.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So, let me get this straight, in order to cash in like this fool--all I have to do is have an amateur film crew film my back in forth banter with a little girl who draws pictures of my photographs, then engage emails with her imaginary older sister, fall in love and then go on a road trip to meet this ? to find out I've been duped by the little girl's fat mammy that has a multiple personality disorder? Hmmm?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    in the original mockumentary, at the end, the catfish were put in the barrels with some other type of fish during transport because it kept the other fish from getting soft or mushy or some ? by the time they got the the fish market.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Watching...how white girl aint see thru this dude's bs

he a model
    write cue card for chelsea lately
    take online class to be a anesthesiologist
    and his 3 sisters died in a car crash
    oh and he sound like a ? on the phone

all of them should've got white girl spider sense tingling
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some Fat ? posing as a male model.bwahahawaha
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn didnt see this thread, mods get to merging
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How in the hell did the blonde girl think she was talkin to a ? 20 year old on the phone? Smh, like they said ? sounded ? 14

? chick
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How in the hell did the blonde girl think she was talkin to a ? 20 year old on the phone? Smh, like they said ? sounded ? 14

? chick

she sounded like a lil girl from the jump... i think this show is staged.. won't keep me from watchin' tho lol
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    LOL at the broad saying she wasn't a lesbian and didn't like girls.Then turn around and say she was bi sexual only if you asked her directly(huh?) SMH.

LOL at her not seeing anything ? about those sexual messages she was sending her

Did anybody understand her reason on why she said she did this? Because I was lost as ? .

Show seems to have great potential. Only thing I'm not feeling is the ? undertone of this show. Them two dudes seem like they hiding something and that music playing in the back round aint alpha at all. Last but not least, when he told the fat ? "it gets better".

Watching...how white girl aint see thru this dude's bs

he a model
    write cue card for chelsea lately
    take online class to be a anesthesiologist
    and his 3 sisters died in a car crash
    Yo!!!!!!, that's the part that had me dying. The rest of the story along with the bold sounded like a character in a soap opera or some ?

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight, in order to cash in like this fool--all I have to do is have an amateur film crew film my back in forth banter with a little girl who draws pictures of my photographs, then engage emails with her imaginary older sister, fall in love and then go on a road trip to meet this ? to find out I've been duped by the little girl's fat mammy that has a multiple personality disorder? Hmmm?

And don't forget about the 2 brothers
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree, this ? is staged but yet entertaining....
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fat dude got friend zoned
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LOL at old school dr. dre coming out da house. He sure was one big catfish.

Such a beautiful girl, such a ratchet tattoo, what a horrible weave. ? was that ? sitting on top of her head?

This show is starting to be one of my favorites, real talk.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    man i've only seen the first episode. It was a fat ? ? the whole time haha
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a hard time believing Trina has a hard time finding a dude.
    Considering that she live in a town, not a city, she should be at the top of the food chain wit that body,
    the tat is the only drawback
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the movie ans i was ? , I thought it was going to be horror movie all the way until the end i was so ? mad as soon as i saw this show i said ? this ?