some1 needs to man up and say ? michael jordan

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
When are these mfs gonna realize the ? not coming back and move the ? on. I mean they've been doing the comparison ? since Grant Hill, Penny,etc and its still to this day. Appreciate ? for who they are and stop the Jordan ? . Jordan was just the right ? at the right time with the right branding and marketing to get the ? like perception.

Comments

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Jordan came in at a time where the NBA was a big man/post game league. Jordan changed the pace of the game. GTFOH with this ? .

BTW, are you a Portland Trailblazers fan?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    Jordan came in at a time where the NBA was a big man/post game league. Jordan changed the pace of the game. GTFOH with this ? .

LBJ doesn't play for the Blazers...

• usmarin3
    Options

Completely missed the premise of this thread post!

The point i was making is, WHEN IS THE NBA AND ? GONNA MOVE PAST JORDAN. I don't baseball obsessing over Babe Ruth or Football obsessing over Jim Brown.

? walk around with this perception like no one can be better than Jordan. Oh yeah, please don't use that ring excuse either because if were being honest Russel and Kareem are more decorated going back to high school and college. Those old school dudes just never played in the cable tv and Nike era.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Completely missed the premise of this thread post!

The point i was making is, WHEN IS THE NBA AND ? GONNA MOVE PAST JORDAN. I don't baseball obsessing over Babe Ruth or Football obsessing over Jim Brown.

? walk around with this perception like no one can be better than Jordan. Oh yeah, please don't use that ring excuse either because if were being honest Russel and Kareem are more decorated going back to high school and college. Those old school dudes just never played in the cable tv and Nike era.

This is a good point, and I wonder this myself. Non-stop threads in here obsessing over Jordan (Jordan's clothes, appreciation thread for some game he had, etc.), and comparing someone to Jordan. But people aren't constantly bringing up Montana and Rice for football. And they got NBA games for most of the year, and all through the week...why they reachin for ? to make a thread about?

I'm kinda wondering if it's because basketball is falling off and lacking talent.
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To me the league is just as talented if not more than when Jordan played. I think ? stay on Jordans ? because he encompass all the good memories of our childhood (same for Barry Sanders, Griffey,etc) and ? don't want to let go. Same ? can be said to about Pac and Biggie, i'm like Nas and Jay passed Pac and Big years ago imo.

The league is just better period and deeper with all the Euros, South Americans,etc.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ+-+AH.jpg

Oh wait, I get it. It's a...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ4LLwcxKOIchw_0Zss32ZsJfzTQ7s9K22_0zcfYnXYSazoyJ0

...Thread.

Aight, carry on.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me the league is just as talented if not more than when Jordan played. I think ? stay on Jordans ? because he encompass all the good memories of our childhood (same for Barry Sanders, Griffey,etc) and ? don't want to let go. Same ? can be said to about Pac and Biggie, i'm like Nas and Jay passed Pac and Big years ago imo.

The league is just better period and deeper with all the Euros, South Americans,etc.

Ya, but like you said they don't dwell on the past in other sports like they do in the NBA. I was wondering if it's cause in the NFL if you wanna talk elite/future HOF you can do it pretty easily in the NFL. QB's Brady, Eli Manning (future HOF, but not elite), Manning, Big Ben, Rodgers, Brees. 6 future HOF'ers playing at one position right now...so nobody's feelin the need to look back. But I don't follow the NBA like that, so you very may well be right about it being more talented now.

Think it's also weird because people obsess over eras/players they didn't really watch like that. Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell. Kareem's the most recent and he retired 23 years ago. So you gotta be well over 30 to say you really watched him play IMO. Same can be said for the whole Lakers/Celtics rivalry
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NBA doesn't have the all-time greats currently like the nfl does so that's y they cling to MJ. There are only 2 current NBA players that will be talked 30 years from now. The NFL has like 10.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Ya, but like you said they don't dwell on the past in other sports like they do in the NBA. I was wondering if it's cause in the NFL if you wanna talk elite/future HOF you can do it pretty easily in the NFL. QB's Brady, Eli Manning (future HOF, but not elite), Manning, Big Ben, Rodgers, Brees. 6 future HOF'ers playing at one position right now...so nobody's feelin the need to look back. But I don't follow the NBA like that, so you very may well be right about it being more talented now.

Think it's also weird because people obsess over eras/players they didn't really watch like that. Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell. Kareem's the most recent and he retired 23 years ago. So you gotta be well over 30 to say you really watched him play IMO. Same can be said for the whole Lakers/Celtics rivalry

Good points. And honestly (since nobody else wants to say it) it just comes down to "argument's sake".

Kinda what Bilifiger said. ? catch feelings from a certain poster and they display their reaction to those feelings under the guise of a "debate" between two players or teams, etc. This forces a otherwise rational nikka to stan a player from everything to his game, to the way he dresses, to the bishes he ? .

I've seen this Jordan/Kobe argument flare up in threads that ain't even about on-the-court ? , just typical "my guy >>> your guy" ? .

But again, BTR, good point about people clinging to the era in which they paid the most attention to. Or the first era they paid the most attention. It's obvious that most of the Jordan stans been watching the game closely since at least the mid 90s whereas most of the Kobe/Lebron stans didn't really start paying attention until they bought their first issue of "SLAM" in the cornrow era.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
This discussion has been closed.