Disown Your Favorite Player or Favorite Team

Options
Miltown Marauder
Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a scenario; Your favorite player leaves your favorite team which he's been with most if not all his career. Do you disown your favorite player or team?

Equate it to Farve/Packers, Lebron/Cavs

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I will never disown my fav teams. Skins and O's till the death
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disown him for the time being, but I never disrespect what he did for my squad or disrespect him personally.
    Especially if he shows love to my squad when he retires.

Like Deion shouting out Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff in his H.O.F. speech even though Blank wasn't the owner when he played in ATL and Dimitroff was probably in high school. lol
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Damn, I just realized the "disown your team" part of the question. What kinda brokeback mountain ass ? is that???

If you are capable of disowning "your team" they were never your team to begin with. You were just a player stan or classic bandwagoner.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I just realized the "disown your team" part of the question. What kinda brokeback mountain ass ? is that???

If you are capable of disowning "your team" they were never your team to begin with. You were just a player stan or classic bandwagoner.

You suprised?? This is the CS home of the Kobe and Lebron stans
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brees will have a statue in front the Dome when he's done.

I could never hate him.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I will never disown the Bears, Bulls, or Cubs.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    But idc if my fav players leave. pro sports is a business and i understand that. i'll root for his success but if he goes against my team hope he does horrible
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Brees will have a statue in front the Dome when he's done.

I could never hate him.

He'll be too old to really play anywhere else anyway. Ain't like y'all drafted him.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I disown every player that leaves one of my squads

Edit: I take that back. I only disown the ? who act like ? and take shots after they leave
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This depends...

If you have an owner or ownership group who has no commitment to winning just making more and more money of the backs of fans...whats the point in supporting that owner? What kind of loyalty is he/group showing you as a fan or supporter of that team? There are plenty of owners who are just in it for the money *cough*Loria*cough*...bilked the fans for a stadium, signed a whole bunch of players and then after one ? year has a yard sale??? What return are you getting from a team and owner like that?

• greenwood1921
    Options
    rage wrote: »

This depends...

If you have an owner or ownership group who has no commitment to winning just making more and more money of the backs of fans...whats the point in supporting that owner? What kind of loyalty is he/group showing you as a fan or supporter of that team? There are plenty of owners who are just in it for the money *cough*Loria*cough*...bilked the fans for a stadium, signed a whole bunch of players and then after one ? year has a yard sale??? What return are you getting from a team and owner like that?

Nope, nope, and nope. Sounds like you're describing redskins fans, but I respect the ones who have dealt with that ? .

If you're a fan of a team, you're a fan of that team -- the franchise. Not the people in it. Now the front office or players might have MADE you a fan, but once you become one, it should be forever.

Only way I would disown a team is if they left town and changed their name like the Browns/Ravens or Sonics/Thunder. That's the equivalent of your wife divorcing you, changing her last name and marrying some other ? .

If you're just rooting for a team because of their CURRENT situation, then you just "like" that team. You're not a fan.
  • dagmarlena
    dagmarlena Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hehe, what say you Arsenal fans?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    dagmarlena wrote: »
    Hehe, what say you Arsenal fans?

kickball joke does not compute.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The Marlins have been testing me for years lol.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disown your team? What kind of ? ass ? is that?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duece, Brees, Joe Horn, and Colston will always be in good favor in New Orleans.

And the Linebacker crew from the 90's is always GOAT back home.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Duece, Brees, Joe Horn, and Colston will always be in good favor in New Orleans.

And the Linebacker crew from the 90's is always GOAT back home.

sorry Sam Mills belongs here

mills3.jpg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.

I ride with my squads for life...

If brees went to another team I would just have to check in on his stats and try to catch his games in addition to watching the saints. Same thing for Wade and the heat. I cant even imagine switching teams really.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually thought about disowning the Rockets when T-Mac was on the squad.
    It's all good now tho.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This depends...

Nope, nope, and nope. Sounds like you're describing redskins fans, but I respect the ones who have dealt with that ? .

If you're a fan of a team, you're a fan of that team -- the franchise. Not the people in it. Now the front office or players might have MADE you a fan, but once you become one, it should be forever.

Only way I would disown a team is if they left town and changed their name like the Browns/Ravens or Sonics/Thunder. That's the equivalent of your wife divorcing you, changing her last name and marrying some other ? .

If you're just rooting for a team because of their CURRENT situation, then you just "like" that team. You're not a fan.

But your being taken advantage of.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I could never disown the cardinals
  • greenwood1921
    Options

This depends...

But your being taken advantage of.

For each his own. If you wanna bounce around team to team just so you can feel like a "winner", go head.
    Struggles make the wins feel even better.

I don't even see what front-running ? get out of it. If you can just "claim" any team just cause they're in a good situation, what's the point of being a fan at all? Just watch the games and be neutral.

That's how I was with the NBA before the Thunder existed.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rage you a fairweather fan out here?

If so, Damn I think all I got is infamous, yroholla, and thatni99ajamal