Why the thread get locked bout NBA fans getting over Jordan?

Options
bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cheap Seats is startin to get kinda wack. Thread gets put up about how NBA fans unlike other fans hold onto the past, and why they do that? That's a legit sports discussion, it gets locked. But these stay open:

WNBA player gets into altercation with her gf
How'd the Magic get back-to-back first picks
A girl at ESPN doing the splits

It was especially relevant since there is a 1984-1990 Jordan appreciation thread, and a 1991-1993, 96-98 Bulls appreciation thread.

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In B4 the lock like...

Chirnenjeevi-horse.gif
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    In B4 the lock like...

Chirnenjeevi-horse.gif

haha it probably will get locked. I'm just tryna get what the bar is. ? does the splits and it stays on front page. That thread talks about diff cultures of sports fans, and it's locked quick. People want this ? to turn into a history lesson and the sports version of The View
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably because it ain't 7 other threads already talking about a ? doing the splits on ESPN with ? arguing in circles in each one.

Just my opinion. *shrugs*
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bow to royalty
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Probably because it ain't 7 other threads already talking about a ? doing the splits on ESPN with ? arguing in circles in each one.

Maybe. But I didn't really see it as about how good Jordan is. But about how NBA fans just bring him up all the time. Like yes, he was great...agreed. Talk about current players. Rice, Montana, Sanders aren't gettin threads made about em all the time, haha. I honestly was waitin on some of the NBA heads to explain the obsession with the past.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe. But I didn't really see it as about how good Jordan is. But about how NBA fans just bring him up all the time. Like yes, he was great...agreed. Talk about current players. Rice, Montana, Sanders aren't gettin threads made about em all the time, haha. I honestly was waitin on some of the NBA heads to explain the obsession with the past.

well I made the bulls appreciation thread because I wanted to share all the Bulls championship dvds I found on the youtube. I also made ABA thread as well but that was during the NBA off season
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold on...dont diss my wnba thread
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike was that great. When u spend 10 plus years seeing the best it kinda hard to let go. So ? ya feelings about letting go.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

haha, I'm not dissin it...make what you want. I'm just tryna get what the mods think is and isn't good enough to be a thread
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

haha, I'm not dissin it...make what you want. I'm just tryna get what the mods think is and isn't good enough to be a thread

Bro..... these mods are crazy...lost cause
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why'd the thread get locked?

For the same reason this one will follow....