Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
merged

The Official RG3 vs Luck Debate: Who will have the better career? 42 votes

RG3
59%
S2Jragemiamivice305traestarlord nemesisGhostdenithegawdgman82StewBlack Boy KingDOPEdweebzCoolJoeIbexKushingtonBDBIIDVulcanRaven_Menace_Confidential PlayaWhoisDonG???Sour-CreamZydecoShawty 25 votes
Luck
40%
eyes lowdamnkpone_manshowvageneral08af.r.i.c.a.IceBergTaylorunspoken_respectIdiopathic Jokerits....JOHN Bcoop9889mosincredibleBilly_Ponchonj2089ParallelInglewood_Bblackjack2012AggieLean. 17 votes

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    edited March 2012
    Options
    RG3
    Who you got Cheap Seaters?
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Man I dunno. I hope RG3 but i think both will be great.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    RG3
    Man I dunno. I hope RG3 but i think both will be great.
    I think both will be great too, but who will be BETTER?
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't watch college ball so my opinion doesn't mean too much. But from what I've heard about each QB...Luck. Pocket QB's with running ability>>Running QB's with some passing ability. But like I said I haven't seen em. Could be underestimating RG III's passing.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Don't watch college ball so my opinion doesn't mean too much. But from what I've heard about each QB...Luck. Pocket QB's with running ability>>Running QB's with some passing ability. But like I said I haven't seen em. Could be underestimating RG III's passing.

Yes you are. Griffin is a pocket passer who just happens to have trackstar speed.

Usually when QBs get drafted, you have to assess their weaknesses against their strengths. What weakness do either quarterbacks have?? You have to nitpick to find weaknesses with either. I guess you could say Griffin isn't tall at only 6'2, but that's reaching. What weakness does Andrew Luck have? I don't see a single one.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on where each gets drafted
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Griffin will be the better one. Luck will be another Drew Bledsoe at best (which ain't shabby, but nowhere near what the media makes him out to be.)

If history is any indicator, one will be a bust and the other a Canton candidate.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    RG3

Yes you are. Griffin is a pocket passer who just happens to have trackstar speed.

Usually when QBs get drafted, you have to assess their weaknesses against their strengths. What weakness do either quarterbacks have?? You have to nitpick to find weaknesses with either. I guess you could say Griffin isn't tall at only 6'2, but that's reaching. What weakness does Andrew Luck have? I don't see a single one.

Drew Brees is 6'1' so... btw, RG3 is a pocket passer who happens to be fast and black, so he oftens gets mislabeled.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Luck's weakness is that he gets rattled fairly easily, and I've seen him stare receivers down. Puts too much air under some of his passes sometimes (same with RGIII).

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess it's wait and see. And it probably will come down to what their franchises do with them. Redskins may be willing to spend tons on offense to help RG3, and Colts may be willing to keep drafting offensive weapons like they did for Peyton.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    I think RG3 will be better but Luck is gonna be real good also. IMO worst case scenario for Luck is Matt Schaub level. This is all barring injuries of course.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I think Griffin could be an elite qb. But with all qbs that can run, injury is always a concern. He doesn't have the build of cam or Tebow.. Not to say he can't take the beating, but I'd like to see how he responds to NFL players hitting him. Of course the same can be said for luck, but RG will undeniably take on more tackles
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Got the feeling durability may be an issue for both. Both have gimpy knees on the low.

Luck coming into the league rockin the same double knee-braces that Dan Marino was rockin in his last few seasons. lol.
    And RG blew his knee out a couple years ago.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One will be great and one will be average. Only time will tell.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint even gon front Im hopin RG3 is WAY betta the Luck due to all the hype Luck got (best QB prospect since Elway, replacing Peyton Manning, calls his own plays, safest pick in the draft, coulda went ahead of cam last year) Luck is under the microscope nd he betta produce immediately
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toss up. I think RG3 is going to the better team though.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if RG3 will reach his full potential with Shannahan as his head coach. Dude seems like the type of coach who can wear down a young QB or won't allow him to go through the process of messing up.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    RG3, his game is special. I feel Luck was more a system guy, everything safe, no risky throws...ultra efficient though. If RG3 can take the hits, he'll be a great one.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3..
    And for the record, I've NEVER EVER been impressed by any throw Andrew Luck made or characteristic he has ever displayed.
    Dude is overrated as ? .
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    RG3.

I think Luck was hyped out more than he should've with the media.

He's good and all but i dont see anything that really stands out.

RG3 has an arm, speed, clutch gene, etc. He just looks better on film. He took Baylor places they had never been without a Jim Harbaugh on the sideline.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both will be damn good. I want to say Griff but I also want to say Luck but at the end I'll say Griff but Luck has a better organization.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    RG3..
    And for the record, I've NEVER EVER been impressed by any throw Andrew Luck made or characteristic he has ever displayed.
    Dude is overrated as ? .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR20JU5XS2hrR9oxbZMzAj_KG8Bl3BgeBveG5VfpSxmU8gai9cELQ

Co-sign. Left hand and all.

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't know if RG3 will reach his full potential with Shannahan as his head coach. Dude seems like the type of coach who can wear down a young QB or won't allow him to go through the process of messing up.

This is the wild card right here. Luck is under the media microscope. No one in Indy is going to second guess anything he does because they want him to succeed. Shannahan is a ? ? control freak who'll hurt the whole team to prove he's in charge instead of letting a player play his way. RG3 will constantly end up trying to be molded.

It could work or it could destroy him. All I know is the Donovan situation gives me zero faith it'll be positive in Washington.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    RG3
    knights wrote: »
    This is the wild card right here. Luck is under the media microscope. No one in Indy is going to second guess anything he does because they want him to succeed. Shannahan is a ? ? control freak who'll hurt the whole team to prove he's in charge instead of letting a player play his way. RG3 will constantly end up trying to be molded.

It could work or it could destroy him. All I know is the Donovan situation gives me zero faith it'll be positive in Washington.

lmao and why is that?

RG3 will have the quicker impact for the simple fact that he's going to be on a better team. Not sure who will have the better career but I think they both will be good to great QB's