NCAA give ex-Miami Players and ultimatum; "Talk to us or we’ll believe Nevin Shapiro"

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
Aint that some ? on the NCCA part. Guilty until proven innocent I guess. Even if the person making claims is a convicted liar and schemer.

"The NCAA last week mailed a letter to former players that allegedly committed NCAA violations by accepting gifts from Shapiro, including dinners, prostitutes, trips to nightclubs, cash and other perks. Shapiro told the NCAA that 114 players committed violations.

Only players who were playing college football at the time the investigation was launched are required to speak to the NCAA. Thirteen current or former UM football players did so in 2011. So the players who were sent the letter last week are no longer playing college football; some are in the NFL.

The letter, which I obtained, gives the players a Friday deadline to speak to the NCAA. What’s surprising is that the NCAA states in the letter that it will conclude the players committed violations if they do not respond......."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/11/ncaa-gives-ultimatum-to-players-in-um-investigation-canes-dolphins-marlins-heat-chatter.html

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So the NCAA is going to believe the words of a ponzi schemer huh....

It reeks of desperation on the NCAA's part.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This makes me believe they don't really have more than his word. I think they showed there hand here, bullying and strong arm tactics usually mean you don't have the proof you need and are trying to force it out of people.

The irony of the NCAA using the word of a man who lied people out of untold millions. SMH, ? is clown shoes.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NCAA is trying to figure this out. If the ex-UM players think silence will save their program. The NCAA is telling them they are wrong. If I was the U I would get their lawyers to fight this. On the grounds that Shapiro is a compulsive liar. NCAA is almost like a accrediation company.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The former Canes aren't required to talk to them though. I know one Cane who definitely hasn't spoken to them...Vilma lol.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The former Canes aren't required to talk to them though. I know one Cane who definitely hasn't spoken to them...Vilma lol.

They are not required to talk to themn but if they have info that can potentially save the program from a four year ban then they need to step it up.

Get some lawyers together and give a statement. Right now "The U" is being hung out to dry. If they really value their relationship with their university they need try to save it. Especially if the allegations are not true.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NCAA is one of the most crooked sports organizations in the world, right behind the IOC. They make billions of the backs of athletes, and still manage to ? over their atheletes.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy how hypocritical the ncaa is....