Options
ATTS
ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    No...there's a point where you can clearly see it's no longer coach/player but the player feeling disrespected as a man. That assistant co-signing that ? needs his ass whooped too
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    behave like what? grow a set and man the ? up if that kinda ? is gonna upset you as a player.

but that did remind me of brian kelly screaming at his player, and catching some flack for it.
    http://youtu.be/IdMsz_nhaTA

but it seems like after Bobby Knight's coaching style (choking aside), people seem to have less tolerance for coaches who do this kind of stuff
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no....too far, be mad and scream at me but dont put your hands on me
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    When watching the video, initially I think the push makes it look like the coach went too far. However, from watching and playing sports , coaches need to be hard on their players and I have seen them be harder on players. I agree that he was just showing him some tough love. I think that people are too sensitive these days about player and coach relationships. The push maybe was a little too much, but I don't think its something that people should be getting so worked up about.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might have lost it and shoved him back and probably had words for the white guy also. I can take you yelling but the moment you put your hands on me anything goes after that
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know he wanted to cry
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, and if you expect for someone to follow your lead and listen to you after you do ? like that you're dumb....
  • Matt-
    Options
    “It doesn’t bother us,” said forward Milton Chavis of Woods’ sideline demeanor, per KansasCity.com. “It’s coaching. You have to accept coaching as a player.”

“It doesn’t make us uncomfortable,” Drew Kelly said. “We can handle it and it makes us better.”
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah that ? ain't cool..I got in a physical altercation back in HS with my Offensive Coordinator for something similar. To me it's not even the fact the coach touched him, but dude gave him the "sit down you lil ? " push you give your little brother.

I do commend dude for not escalating it though. Takes a lot of self control.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, there is a difference between discipline, and disrespect. I wouldnt have a problem with it in the NFL because those are grown ass men playing for MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars. But these are still grown ass....kids. Discipline as much as you want, but disrespect should never be allowed.
  • Matt-
    Options
    i really don't get it. like if this was my son, i'd be ? the ? off at how he acted. loafing off the court and looking like he's about to cry. And i'm pretty sure if that were me, my dad would give me all call asking why i was being such a ? . if coaches start getting fired at every level for doing this then alot of jobs will be opening up.

only real problem i could see is that the dude is a senior and should have a little bit more slack, but on the other hand this is a first year coach who may be trying to set the tone for the team and make an example out of the guy.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh if you dont see the problem with him shoving him, dont know what to say

unless you would be ok with him shoving him back
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coaching is basically managing different personalities based on the situation, so I see no problem with it. I assume all coaches know who they can and can't do stuff like that to.

If the coach had went too far the player would have pushed him backed or retaliated somehow (other than ? and getting teary eyed). Since he didn't it's safe to say the coach reacted in an effective manner.
  • Matt-
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    bruh if you dont see the problem with him shoving him, dont know what to say

unless you would be ok with him shoving him back

It was harmless.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i really don't get it. like if this was my son, i'd be ? the ? off at how he acted. loafing off the court and looking like he's about to cry. And i'm pretty sure if that were me, my dad would give me all call asking why i was being such a ? . if coaches start getting fired at every level for doing this then alot of jobs will be opening up.

only real problem i could see is that the dude is a senior and should have a little bit more slack, but on the other hand this is a first year coach who may be trying to set the tone for the team and make an example out of the guy.

He could have done everything he did after the game...off camera. Nobody wants to have a strip torn of them on national TV. These are still kids and not pro adults.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't watch the video, but don't touch nobody.

That rule apply ever where.
  • Matt-
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    matt- wrote: »

He could have done everything he did after the game...off camera. Nobody wants to have a strip torn of them on national TV. These are still kids and not pro adults.

So your issue is that he did it on tv? I think that's a much more reasonable argument than the whole "oh he laid hands on that man" argument
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea keep ya hands off me...
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That player is a ? , if that was me I would've hit him over the head with a chair.. maybe that's why the coach push him like that cause he knows that player is soft.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Coaching is basically managing different personalities based on the situation, so I see no problem with it. I assume all coaches know who they can and can't do stuff like that to.

If the coach had went too far the player would have pushed him backed or retaliated somehow (other than ? and getting teary eyed). Since he didn't it's safe to say the coach reacted in an effective manner.

You never seen somebody get mad and in trying to hold their anger back their eyes get teary? It doesn't mean they're ? up it's a way to release the anger building up they feel from being confronted...
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play.ball and nobody putting they hands on me.. had it happen before, never had it happen again
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You never seen somebody get mad and in trying to hold their anger back their eyes get teary? It doesn't mean they're ? up it's a way to release the anger building up they feel from being confronted...

true. its actually a primal defense mechanism; your eyes tear up to lubricate, wash away impurities, and clear your vision in preparation to defend or attack