PG Matchup : Goran Dragic Vs. Mike Conley Jr...Who you taking?

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Most of the Player Comparison threads are redundant or same threads with the same players...so i figured i switch it up and talk about what i think is a fair comparison between the two

Goran Dragic :

Goran has yet to play an entire season as a Starter but you can easily tell he's talented and understands the Position..Most of us noticed him when he was backing up Nash, some people felt he was starter material then some only thought he could be a quality backup ..then went off to Houston , when Lowry went out with a sickness (? had aids) Goran took over and was putting up great numbers and went back to the Suns in the off-season as a Starter.

his current numbers:

16ppg 7Ast 2 rebounds 2steals , 47% FG 35% 3pt and 73%FT

goran-dragic-suns1pg-vertical.jpg

dragic2_300_080626.jpg

Highlights:

Some of these passes >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhhStFfJ-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5jYTJQswY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_em1To4X8s

Mike Conley Jr.

his numbers:

14ppg 6.6 ast 3 Rebounds 2 steals , 48% FG 39% 3pt and 83% FT

Conley has slowly got better year by year , he isn't elite but i would say one of the better Tier 2 PG's in the league ..has a solid jumper, great quickness and a quality on ball defender...been a PG of a playoff team before and has a chance to better his numbers all across the board this season

84548307_display_image.jpg?1282750739

l.jpg[IMG]Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgI19j4j2E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em5Fy16v_4E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCJovv5Vkk Goran Dragic is 26 and Conley Jr. is 25 , both lefties of course ...both very solid PG's...i would say Goran has more slickness to his game and a little more Range , Conley picks his spots better offensively and a better on ball defender..both similar in the steals department though if you had to start a Team and had to choose between the two on who your PG is who are you taking and why?[/img]

Goran Dragic Vs. Mike Conley Jr...Who you taking? 26 votes

Goran Dragic
53%
eyes lowMillzOGgucci7383hueyaf.r.i.c.a.Chi-Town BullyKeepOnPushingYoung_ChitlinSour-CreamAristo_V300PiffyHazeMatt-blackjack2012SleepwalkingInJapan 14 votes
Mike Conley Jr.
46%
ragetoheeb27infamous114t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088DubbGotti614NothingButTheTruthBlackAX410MC The RapperCottonCitySlimBetaShadyWorldOrderHyenaKilla 12 votes

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    I'll take Jr. I am sick of soft ass Euro's...
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    rage wrote: »

LOL , surprisingly Goran aint soft like that...rare i know

but i could see why some will take Conley Jr. cuz of playoff experience
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    Dragon...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Goran destroyed the Spurs in the playoffs that one year. Goran can ball straight up and he not a soft Euro at all. I remember he was ready to scrap that one dude in that one game that evades my memory at this time. This a good one though. I'm kinda stumped
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    Man Goran destroyed the Spurs in the playoffs that one year. Goran can ball straight up and he not a soft Euro at all. I remember he was ready to scrap that one dude in that one game that evades my memory at this time. This a good one though. I'm kinda stumped

Co-sign

i've never seen him backdown from anyone , not saying he would win in a fight lol , but i've seen him try to press up on Westbrook before to.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    I never liked Conley's game
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    Dragic

Steve Nash trained him well and I actually wanted the knicks to trade him to the rockets for Lin. I know they regret giving him back to phoenix for a $25 million contract with Lin, stupid ? .
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    tough one honestly ima go wit Conley slightly cuz of his defense hes improved his jumper sumthin serious but Dragic is slept on
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    tough one honestly ima go wit Conley slightly cuz of his defense hes improved his jumper sumthin serious but Dragic is slept on

Only because he's never been a Starter for an entire season so i can understand why that is , i think two guys after the end of the year who will get way more respect is Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic.

Edit: add Jrue Holiday in there to
  • rage
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.

That maybe true...I'm just sick of watching the useless ? like Calderon, and that aldente ? Barghanni.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Goran Dragic

That maybe true...I'm just sick of watching the useless ? like Calderon, and that aldente ? Barghanni.

LOL Calderon hoop , but yea he soft and playes zero ? defense

and smh at Andrea Bargnani so soft he shook to rub elbows to get a rebound
  • rage
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.

LOL Calderon hoop , but yea he soft and playes zero ? defense

and smh at Andrea Bargnani so soft he shook to rub elbows to get a rebound

These two ? have NO CONCEPT of defence....I dont think they were ever taught it or forced to play it. Jeremy Lin looked like Magic Johnson against him last year. Barghani....smh...its not even worth discussing this ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Conley's #'s would be better imo cuz in memphis they distribute the ball so well so for him to be havin those numbers while playing wit Z-Bo and ? is impressive.

Idk I would start a team wit conley because he seems like more of a floor general than dragic.

No knock against goran though, hes nice.

And s/o to Kop for takin axel's style and doin it betta lol
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Conley was holding his own against chris paul in the playoffs last year . He gets the nod for that .
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one is tough because Conley pulls his ? shorts up on defense! He low key had Chris Paul copping pleas last year in the playoffs.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Conley. Way better defense and he's quick as ? . He stay low key locking up these so-called good point guards.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.
    Right now I'll take Conley for defensive purposes but this is real close. Dragic doesn't get the "soft euro label" at all and dude doesn't back down from anyone. After a couple years as a starter I think he will be better than Conley. Oh yea, ? jeremy lin
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    Dragic has never really been handed the keys to a team. He's always had to split PG dutys with someone who was either his equal or better than him. Still don't understand why Houston let him go and payed Lin more. ? they could have played them at the same damn time
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    Dragic has never really been handed the keys to a team. He's always had to split PG dutys with someone who was either his equal or better than him. Still don't understand why Houston let him go and payed Lin more. ? they could have played them at the same damn time

no way , Dragic is a far better PG than Lin and Lin isn't a nice off the ball player , he's not a good shooter so playing a lot of the 2 wouldnt benefit him, and i wouldn't want Dragic off the ball either cuz he's so good with it..

shoulda kept Dragic and just got Harden to go along with him...that woulda been a tough backcourt
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Goran Dragic

no way , Dragic is a far better PG than Lin and Lin isn't a nice off the ball player , he's not a good shooter so playing a lot of the 2 wouldnt benefit him, and i wouldn't want Dragic off the ball either cuz he's so good with it..

shoulda kept Dragic and just got Harden to go along with him...that woulda been a tough backcourt

yea i hear that but Houston wanted Lin badly for marketing reasons so he was going to be on that team regardless which is why i said they could play together. Harden and Dragic starting and Lin as the 6th man and in certain situations have all three on the floor
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Goran Dragic

yea i hear that but Houston wanted Lin badly for marketing reasons so he was going to be on that team regardless which is why i said they could play together. Harden and Dragic starting and Lin as the 6th man and in certain situations have all three on the floor

nobody is paying Lin $25 Mil to be a 6th man ....hell they shouldnt even pay him that much as a starter

Goran $34Mil , Harden $80 Mil , Asik 25 Mil....

Lin was chasing the $ , had they kept Dragic it wouldnt make sense at all to throw money at Lin

like you said all the Lin signing was about Marketing , cuz that office already had outstanding connections due to Yao Ming

Dragic & Lowry are 10x's better than that dude
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Goran Dragic
    yo @Sour that was a GOAT ass real Knick fan post right there b.

CS what KOP said ^^^

and Dragic easily over Conley...Problem is right now Gentry got the shackles on Dragic and that ? 's annoying. They've been in close games where Dragic was shooting well and in the 4th quarter they got him bringin the ball up and giving it up soon as he gets past half court. He's at his best when he got the rock and he's attacking the rim. He still playing well so far this year but soon as Gentry lets him free and stops giving Sebastian Telfairs bumass his minutes then he gon show ya ? .

Surprised this is 50/50 actually.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Goran Dragic

nobody is paying Lin $25 Mil to be a 6th man ....hell they shouldnt even pay him that much as a starter

Goran $34Mil , Harden $80 Mil , Asik 25 Mil....

Lin was chasing the $ , had they kept Dragic it wouldnt make sense at all to throw money at Lin

like you said all the Lin signing was about Marketing , cuz that office already had outstanding connections due to Yao Ming

Dragic & Lowry are 10x's better than that dude

what the ? ? Make your mind up doggy
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Conley Jr.

We didn't pay lin more, dragic wanted a player option in the 4th year and we didn't give it to him so he left. He always said he loved phoenix anyways... not saying it wasn't dumb, but thats the real story.