Mark my words, if the Lakers record doesnt ameliorate by All Star Break, D Antoni will be resigning

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
Citing medical reasons

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ameliorate? Really ? ?

Ame·lio·rate verb \ə-ˈmēl-yə-ˌrāt, -ˈmē-lē-ə-\
    ame·lio·rat·ed / ame·lio·rat·ing

Definition of AMELIORATE

transitive verb
    : to make better or more tolerable

intransitive verb
    : to grow better
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ameliorate? Really ? ?

Ame·lio·rate verb \ə-ˈmēl-yə-ˌrāt, -ˈmē-lē-ə-\
    ame·lio·rat·ed / ame·lio·rat·ing

Definition of AMELIORATE

transitive verb
    : to make better or more tolerable

intransitive verb
    : to grow better

Werd, he crowbarred that ? in there no matter what lol!!!!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't know if he'll resign but if the lakers don't improve they will implode and dwight will be in dallas next year
    During his postgame news conference, D’Antoni was asked what he was thinking when he left Pau on the bench in crunch time again. He spared no feelings in his response.

“I was thinking ‘Oh, I’d like to win this game.’ That’s what I was thinking,” D’Antoni said.
    Gasol’s conditioning came into question after Wednesday’s loss to the Sacramento Kings. He scored eight points in 37 minutes that game. He stats were similarly down on Friday; he had six points in 27 minutes. D’Antoni mentioned the conditioning issue again on Friday, reportedly saying the team needs to “get in a little bit better shape.”

“Guys have got to get used to this pace,” said D’Antoni. “It might take a little bit, but we’re going to run up and down. And if you can’t run up and down and play quickly, then we’ll have to find guys that do.”

D’Antoni has only coached the Lakers during three games this season, but he already is having a big impact. If things don’t begin to change, it looks like Gasol will be the odd man out on this team. Right now he is not a good fit for D’Antoni.

Pau will be made the scapegoat and he will be traded
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't know if he'll resign but if the lakers don't improve they will implode and dwight will be in dallas next year
    During his postgame news conference, D’Antoni was asked what he was thinking when he left Pau on the bench in crunch time again. He spared no feelings in his response.

“I was thinking ‘Oh, I’d like to win this game.’ That’s what I was thinking,” D’Antoni said.
    Gasol’s conditioning came into question after Wednesday’s loss to the Sacramento Kings. He scored eight points in 37 minutes that game. He stats were similarly down on Friday; he had six points in 27 minutes. D’Antoni mentioned the conditioning issue again on Friday, reportedly saying the team needs to “get in a little bit better shape.”

“Guys have got to get used to this pace,” said D’Antoni. “It might take a little bit, but we’re going to run up and down. And if you can’t run up and down and play quickly, then we’ll have to find guys that do.”

D’Antoni has only coached the Lakers during three games this season, but he already is having a big impact. If things don’t begin to change, it looks like Gasol will be the odd man out on this team. Right now he is not a good fit for D’Antoni.

Pau will be made the scapegoat and he will be traded

As usual. So if the lakers record doesn't improve by the all-star break, at what point do we begin to blame the players? You know the ones who are actually on the court that were supposed run over the rest of the league>?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In one of my posts before on this topic I said this experiment wouldn't work. D’Antoni is trying to play racehorse basketball with dudes that are either injured or on the last legs of their career. Is it inconceivable that the Lakers will finish behind the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, and Memphis this year? So much for the L.A. superteam
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn D'Antoni said he benched Gasol because he wanted to win the game.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He went Stephen A Smith on the thread title.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? changed the coach and bout to change the whole roster and it aint even close to mid-season Lol
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL he did do a Stephen A Smith
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing matters until Nash is back. Imagine the clippers without cp3 or spurs without Parker they'd be 0-10....lakers will be fine, they have Chris ? duhon mainly running things, c'mon son.....pau needs his usual kick in the ass every now and then, what's new? U cant trade him for equal value, and his contract is huge numbers, he's a laker for 2 more years unless he really falls off....and Dwight ain't going no where.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing matters until Nash is back. Imagine the clippers without cp3 or spurs without Parker they'd be 0-10....lakers will be fine, they have Chris ? duhon mainly running things, c'mon son.....pau needs his usual kick in the ass every now and then, what's new? U cant trade him for equal value, and his contract is huge numbers, he's a laker for 2 more years unless he really falls off....and Dwight ain't going no where.

Bruh, a 38 year old Nash will not make up for a still ailing Howard, an aging Kobe, the living embodiment of Charmin tissue (Paul Gasol), and a garbage bench.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr Pringles has quit on two teams already when things weren't going his way so it wouldn't be surprising but if that happens what will they do? I don't think Phil would want to come back. I Blame Jim Buss for this .The Next 12 games are going to be big they could easily go 4-8 during that stretch best case 6-6 . They have to win at least 46 games to be a playoff team and before anybody says aww that regardless they gon be a playoff team the league as a whole is more talented they won't be any easy wins all season . The time of just putting a bunch of talent on a team and thinking they gon streamroll everybody is over and has been over for a while. Look at this year's olympics Team USA almost lost to Lithuania who didn't even qualify for the bronze medal. Spain also gave them trouble and you had the best players in the world on the same team .
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nash aint even close to returning......
  • P swayze166
    Options

Bruh, a 38 year old Nash will not make up for a still ailing Howard, an aging Kobe, the living embodiment of Charmin tissue (Paul Gasol), and a garbage bench.

it's not about nash saving the day dropping 50 pts a game, its about having a guy that can run the sets, put people in their right position, and also be a knock down shooter. duhon and morris can't be a threat from the perimeter like nash can....and his age is a cop out, dude statistically had his best most efficient season of his career last year playing with SCRUBS.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too early. Wait till Nash or at least Blake returns.

Our remaining PGs, Duhon and Morris are candidates for the worst PGs in the league, and the offense relies heavily on having a good PG.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it's not about nash saving the day dropping 50 pts a game, its about having a guy that can run the sets, put people in their right position, and also be a knock down shooter. duhon and morris can't be a threat from the perimeter like nash can....and his age is a cop out, dude statistically had his best most efficient season of his career last year playing with SCRUBS.
    He's not going to play 48 minutes...I can't wait for Nash to come back so yall can see that its going to be more of the same. Yall keep talking offense when yall should be talking defense. Yall talk wanna talk defense because ur LA will be worse when Nash gets back. Hes 38, will be 39 in Feb, every bump and bruise is going to hurt that much more, and take that much longer to heal.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh and have about the same record as last yr this time, they average more points and those scrubs are putting up the same numbers
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need shooters in pringles offense
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Right. I bet Lakers fans cringe everytime MWP shoots.......MWP is gonna love this offense he can shoot with no repercussions
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Right. I bet Lakers fans cringe everytime MWP shoots.......MWP is gonna love this offense he can shoot with no repercussions

Mwp is playing great tho..he's put up double digit points in every game but one and is averaging 14 pts as a fourth option
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the lake show has become what kentucky is in college ball. regrouping every two years but not rebuilding. As a fan I aint mad at that. everyone says the karl malone and garry peyton thing didn't work but that team made it to the finals. if this team makes it to the finals and faces the heat i think they would have met expectations. please miss me with the kobe getting older ? . ? playing out of his mind right now.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should stick around and go out like Phil, honorificabilitudinitatibus.

Look it up
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its gotten that bad... ? from the Chi gotta make Laker threads???? Damn.... Those Clippers on the come up
  • P swayze166
    Options

He's not going to play 48 minutes...I can't wait for Nash to come back so yall can see that its going to be more of the same. Yall keep talking offense when yall should be talking defense. Yall talk wanna talk defense because ur LA will be worse when Nash gets back. Hes 38, will be 39 in Feb, every bump and bruise is going to hurt that much more, and take that much longer to heal.

The lakers problem on defense starts on offense, their turnovers and lack of guys being involved kills their energy as well....too much hate in ya post to take it serious