samsung galaxy s3 and samsung note?

Options
ATTS
ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is d screen size the ONLY DIFFERENCE? I am getting the note but whats d main diff btw the phones

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the note is too damn big.
  • ATTS
    Options
    Thanks @cain1 ....i like the size of the note...great for watching sports especially @ work
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im okay with his lil brother. The Note is dope tho...
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I GOT THE NOTE 2...

IT AINT AS BIG AS U THINK... I WAS SAYING THE SAME THING BEFORE I GOT IT, BUT ONCE U REALLY TALK ON IT.. ITS COOL.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yea my boy copped one...it isn't that big but it does make the S3 dwarf, of course (the S3 always been small to me but I got gorilla paws). I'm happy with the S3 but I probably would have waited and just copped the Note...I'm all about screen real estate playa

Hope you copped that belt clip with case for that ? on purchase day...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note too big imo
  • ATTS
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Note too big imo

its ok.....
    I will wait till march to cop one off ebay...hopefully its cheap by then

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just copped my S3 yesterday and was able to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon, too.

I luv it so far. Still getting used to it, though. Big difference between this and my Thunderbolt.

I'm not really feeling the keyboard, though.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try the swiftkey keyboard, otherwise get rooted and cop a custom rom. Usually have good keyboards from other devices on em
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Just copped my S3 yesterday and was able to keep my unlimited data plan with Verizon, too.

I luv it so far. Still getting used to it, though. Big difference between this and my Thunderbolt.

The best keyboard, IMO, is Better Keyboard. Download the apk file. The Better Keyboard is the best keyboard...very touch responsive...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you paid full retail price....most dont even use more than 2GB of data..
  • DrMindbender122
    Options

Negative on paying full retail. I just got another line for $10/month; that's all I pay extra per month. When my regular 2-year contract is up on my original line in April 2013, I can dead the new line while keeping my unlimited data plan on my original line.

Otherwise, I would've had to give up my unlimited data plan and go on a tiered plan. I use about 5GB of data or more per month.

The only messed up thing about not going on a tiered plan is that I don't get the free mobile hotspot service; gotta pay $30.00 extra if I wanna get that.

I wanna learn about how I can root my ? without ? it up, though.

• Dr.Chemix
    Options

Negative on paying full retail. I just got another line for $10/month; that's all I pay extra per month. When my regular 2-year contract is up on my original line in April 2013, I can dead the new line while keeping my unlimited data plan on my original line.

Otherwise, I would've had to give up my unlimited data plan and go on a tiered plan. I use about 5GB of data or more per month.

The only messed up thing about not going on a tiered plan is that I don't get the free mobile hotspot service; gotta pay $30.00 extra if I wanna get that.

I wanna learn about how I can root my ? without ? it up, though.

Bruh its real easy. I just downloaded Odin, removed S3 drivers, ran the program, plugged in phone...and selected the appropriate choices for the root. It took about 10 mins of my time and I was rooted. After that, it was all about Titanium backup and ROMS.

Check out this thread

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/473057/samsung-galaxy-s3-knockin-em-out-da-box/p4

...and check @Cain1 post. He's got a video in his post with an easy step by step instruction on how to do it.

Google search "odin XDA root" to get what you need.

Just make sure, when you running Odin to root phone, that you select the appropriate wireless carrier of your phone. Not doing so can cause some damage
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    @Chemix - good look. Imma check it out when I get home.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just ordered my S3. Jealous of you guys that get them for cheap with the providers plans
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the Note 2 for my wife. She loves it. I've played around with it a lot, and it's a good phone. Too big for my tastes though. I think I'm going to go with the DNA. It doesn't have expandable memory and the battery isn't as good as the Note 2, but it's faster, has a better screen, and is smaller.

Just a couple random comments about other things.

If you don't want to root your phone, there are tons of other ways to customize it. Find a launcher that suits your taste and you can completely transform your phone. I recommend Go Launcher Ex. It gives you a lot of options and there are literally hundreds of different themes for it. On top of that, the same people make similar products for changing your keyboard, SMS, lockscreen, etc... These won't allow you to improve the performance of your phone or get rid of bloatware like rooting it will, but for the casual user that might not matter much anyway. In some cases, loading some of these extra things might bog the phone down a little too. I see that a little bit on my Thunderbolt. That said the Thunderbolt has a relatively old GPU, a single core processor, and 756 MB of RAM. In comparison, the Note 2 has newer and more powerful GPU, a quad core processor, and 2 GB of RAM. So the things that slow my Thunderbolt down will like do absolutely nothing to the Note 2.

As for taking Verizon's tiered plan vs buying a full price phone or getting an extra line, I'll say that people should examine their situation a little first before making a choice. I understand that appeal of keeping the "unlimited" title, but you really have to evaluate your usage because it is possible that you're paying more for that. For instance, my wife and I have a family plan. She uses about 1.5 GB every month. I use about 4.5 GB. So that's 6 GB on average for the both of us. If we got the 6 GB plan, we'd actually save 10 - 15 a month. Now that's risky. If we got that, any aberration in our usage would result in overages. So we got the 8 GB plan which gives a 2 GB cushion and makes it so we probably won't worry too much about how much data we're using. It's about 4 dollars more than we pay now, but that's still cheaper than adding another line or buying the phone unsubsidized.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
  • ATTS
    Options
    @theloniousmonk thank u for telling me about go launcher pro....good ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    No prob. Have fun with it. You'll be surprised just how much you can transform your phone with it. Hell, they just released an update today that let's you put a different background on each page. I been wanting something like that.
  • ATTS
    Options
    Yeah...playing around right now..... it's making my phone look like new.....
  • ATTS
    Options
    No prob. Have fun with it. You'll be surprised just how much you can transform your phone with it. Hell, they just released an update today that let's you put a different background on each page. I been wanting something like that.

What theme lets u put a different background each page?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

What theme lets u put a different background each page?

It's not a theme. It's a new add-in for the launcher. Look up GO Multiple Wallpapers in the store and you'll find the download.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Any of yall know how I'd go about getting GIFs to work smoothly on the S3?

I mean, they work now. But, they're slow as Hell.