Battle For New York - Knicks Vs Brooklyn Nets.. Jay-Z Talks His ? !!

Options
Therecanonlybeone
Therecanonlybeone Members Posts: 400
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Highlights Battle For New York - Knicks Vs Brooklyn Nets

Ok there is a new team in town and they made their presence felt last night against the old guard the New York Knicks. Check out the highlights.

Jay-Z-Beyonce-Spike-Lee-Knicks-Nets-Game.jpg

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good job barely beating a depleted Knicks team. under new management my ass. foh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Confused how Net's fans have beef with the Knicks when the Knicks represent every borough of NY
  • Davis eyebrow
    Davis eyebrow Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take this ? to the cheap seat
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Confused how Net's fans have beef with the Knicks when the Knicks represent every borough of NY

actually they play in mahattan which hast the most rich folk living there than any other borough or NYC. Brooklyn is the most affordable borough to live in and has a younger median age and more average joe people than mahattan.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

actually they play in mahattan which hast the most rich folk living there than any other borough or NYC. Brooklyn is the most affordable borough to live in and has a younger median age and more average joe people than mahattan.

i thought Queens or BX is the most affordable, BK is trendy now
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

i thought Queens or BX is the most affordable, BK is trendy now

i think it depends what you are looking for but at the end of the day mahattan is the flashy borough and the most expensive overall to live in.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Saying the Knicks represent every borough in NY is like saying the Jets, Giants, Mets and Yankees do. NY sports teams are supported by boroughs from what i was taught.

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    the nets are the only team of ours that represent 1 borough
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good 2 see spike lee still rep Knicks even tho Bk is his hometown
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Saying the Knicks represent every borough in NY is like saying the Jets, Giants, Mets and Yankees do. NY sports teams are supported by boroughs from what i was taught.

No its not cause NY never had another basketball team.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So pretty much the rest of NY roots for the knicks and only ? from brooklyn root for the nets.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was a fun game to watch....hope a nice playoff rivalry begins.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Misread the thread titles as "Jay-Z takes a ? " and somehow, I wasn't surprised.

? worship his every move. *shrug*
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that ? talk

am i the only who sees the awkwardness of that pic

yeah, but some ? is just better left unsaid
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    bey in the background check a ? out
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at "depleted Knick team"
    Knick fans catching feelings and excuses

Had the Knicks won Net fans wouldnt have heard the end of it. ? on some sore loser ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    a percentage of new york fans float to what team is hot at the time i.e. the 86 mets had allot of bandwagoners that floated to the 98 yankees and are still yankee bandwagoners. Should BK get hot and be like the nets of the early 2000's in the kid era or better watch brooklyn pick up fans. Especally with the knicks looking like a decent regular season team not built for the post season.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Lol at "depleted Knick team"
    Knick fans catching feelings and excuses

Had the Knicks won Net fans wouldnt have heard the end of it. ? on some sore loser ? .

smh its no excuse, its only one game so how the hell can you claim "city is under new management" after one damn game and you didn't even beat a healthy team. I'm just saying calm the hell down. some of y'all are acting like y'all won the damn finals and ? . we don't know where these two teams stand really until they play each other healthy. ? gassed off one game
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats one thing I dont like about Knick "fans"
    Alot of them werent fans til they started winning some games when they got Amare and then when they got Melo they'd act like they been fans forever.

I dont ever wanna hear any Knick fan complaining of bandwagon Nets fans. They relocated its obvious ppl are gonna catch interest. Alot of Knick fans be on some flavor of the month type ? cause when they lose you never hear a peep from them.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    well that's alot sports fans in general really. I doubt there would be as many nets fans if they came here with the same team they had last year. when the nets lose we'll see how many real fans y'all got
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having the Nets is Brooklyn is good for NY cuz there's now more interest in the two teams.
    It sucks for us NJans cuz we now only have 1 major league sport, although most cats are Knicks fans (myself included)
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    idk how you're confused. may be it's cuz your're not from here.
    in ny, we constantly got this borough competition & upstate vs. the city.
    in ny, the only time we're one is when we're in another state.
    when we here, we just rep our boroughs,

outside of the jets n giants cuz they play outta newyork. with other teams it really be a borough battle.

when it's mets vs yankees it's really bronx vs. queens.
    when it's rangers vs islanders it's manhattan vs. long island.
    buffolo bills vs jets or giants, is upstate vs the city

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that ? talk

am i the only who sees the awkwardness of that pic

like it isn't ? talk tryna read a man's body language... foh