is because our modern understanding of science, medicine, math
and government emerged from a dark age europe where the ultimate goal
was the control of people.

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Uh huh the achievements of the true ancient teachers are unfathomable to people today. The technology of the Egyptians confuse people because they dont understand how they did it. Outside forces eventually suppressed this awesome knowledge because og greed, ignorance, and envy. So instead of building on this knowledge, we're building ona basis of ignorance. It aint all bad just we could have much more knowledge.
    Even today people are trying to improve the economy and world from the effects of the policies of greed and regression (those caused by the republicans).
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting but crackas still aint ?
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    interesting but crackas still aint ?

no doubt about that. objectively speakin there are only a handful
    that are favorable in my eyes. This russian ? might make the list
    but id have to do more research on him.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No religion = a ? less violence.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    ? fight over paper stacks now
    ? religion got to do with that.
    ? always find somethin to
    worship.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mankind been fightin ever since we existed.. be it over food/? whatever.. ? wont stop, it'll only get worse
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not really sure there was any validity to his point.

First, I think his assertion that a Type 1 civilization would automatically be traceable is false. Essentially, a Type 1 civilization would be like us just a hell of a lot more efficient. That wouldn't necessarily make them any easier to find in the wide expanse of space.

Second, he's implying that no Type 1 civilizations exist because of the advent of nuclear technology. Well I think that's a bit arrogant. Just because our civilization maybe teetering on destruction due to that discovery doesn't mean others would be. That's like saying that just because Europeans used the invention of guns to ? dozens of other groups, that anyone who made that invention would have done the same. Well given that Euros weren't the first to discover guns and gunpowder, that's a false assertion.
  • Amotekun
    Options

First, I think his assertion that a Type 1 civilization would automatically be traceable is false. Essentially, a Type 1 civilization would be like us just a hell of a lot more efficient. That wouldn't necessarily make them any easier to find in the wide expanse of space.

Second, he's implying that no Type 1 civilizations exist because of the advent of nuclear technology. Well I think that's a bit arrogant. Just because our civilization maybe teetering on destruction due to that discovery doesn't mean others would be. That's like saying that just because Europeans used the invention of guns to ? dozens of other groups, that anyone who made that invention would have done the same. Well given that Euros weren't the first to discover guns and gunpowder, that's a false assertion.

Well his perspective was eurocentric. I believe that there were societies in ancient africa that were type 1 civilizations. Even in india. I dont think we are the first humans to arrive at this technological point, and even this point we're at is crudely inefficient because there are those who'd rather employ all avant garde research into surveillance and control.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good stuff and the idiots made sure they weren't coming up in here.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »

Well his perspective was eurocentric. I believe that there were societies in ancient africa that were type 1 civilizations. Even in india. I dont think we are the first humans to arrive at this technological point, and even this point we're at is crudely inefficient because there are those who'd rather employ all avant garde research into surveillance and control.

hehehe

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

There haven't been any Type 1 civilizations on Earth yet. By definition Type 1 civilizations make use of all energy the Earth has to offer and are global societies. It is impossible for a segment of the human population to be a Type 1 civilization.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    what if it just so happens we are the most advanced species in the universe, why do people assume all alien societies
    are more advanced?

man i wish i could be alive 500 years from now

It's possible, but there are tons of star systems far older than our own. It stands to reason that if those produced life, that life would be older and more advanced than us.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless they have seen these types of civilizations and have real examples of these different types of civilizations than this is just fantasy. I could say a type 6 civilization would be able to appear in 3 different places at once and possess all the knowledge that has ever been created. No one would be able to prove I'm wrong. Sounds like the ? question to me.
  • Amotekun
    Options

There haven't been any Type 1 civilizations on Earth yet. By definition Type 1 civilizations make use of all energy the Earth has to offer and are global societies. It is impossible for a segment of the human population to be a Type 1 civilization.

Bruth these folks had pyramids all over the planet B. THey just found one in Bosnia.

It is hypothesized that the pyramids werent just burial grounds but energy sources.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know ? all about science but I will say this: we are nowhere near being a "type 1" society.

Some ? only go further if there is a profit motive to do so. Solar panels, electric cars,wind mills that ? already exists but because there isn't a profit motive in it for certain people and they decide to hold everyone else back. They instead crusade to keep us in place because they have a profit motive in it.

I said this in the infrastructure topic but there are fat cats who got happy and comfortable in their position of wealth and power and use that influence to hold the rest of us in their back pocket. Problem is, a lot of us are also happy & comfortable in the back pocket on large corporations that attempt to stifle financially threatening innovation.

Its going to be several more decades before people wake up to that fact, hundreds more to overcome it. So the 150-200 year mark that was said in that video...not likely. We are more likely to destroy this world within that time frame.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I know ? all about science but I will say this: we are nowhere near being a "type 1" society.

Some ? only go further if there is a profit motive to do so. Solar panels, electric cars,wind mills that ? already exists but because there isn't a profit motive in it for certain people and they decide to hold everyone else back. They instead crusade to keep us in place because they have a profit motive in it.

I said this in the infrastructure topic but there are fat cats who got happy and comfortable in their position of wealth and power and use that influence to hold the rest of us in their back pocket. Problem is, a lot of us are also happy & comfortable in the back pocket on large corporations that attempt to stifle financially threatening innovation.

Its going to be several more decades before people wake up to that fact, hundreds more to overcome it. So the 150-200 year mark that was said in that video...not likely. We are more likely to destroy this world within that time frame.

yea bruh now we not.

thats because our whole foundation of technology is all ? up.

We only invesnt ? for military purposes or for surveillance

never for advancing society as a whole.

It wasnt always like that. We didnt start off like that.
  • jono
    Options

Its going to be several more decades before people wake up to that fact, hundreds more to overcome it. [img][/img]So the 150-200 year mark that was said in that video...not likely. We are more likely to destroy this world within that time frame.

i think its pretty accurate based on the fact that the most important inventions and advances technology wise have occured pretty much within the last hundred years

There's always inventions and technology advances and there always will be. The problem becomes when it threatens to usurp established, wealthy, "necessary" technology. Its harder to replace some technology over others. You have to completely combat a system of thinking that rejects progress when it threatens them. Like I said, a lot of the things he discussed exists and has existed for decades but it isn't widespread. ? the white house had solar panels on it when Carter was in office...? Carter aint been president since the 70s! These muhfuckas are going backwards!

Check what Carter said about the solar panels: "In the year 2000 this solar water heater behind me, which is being dedicated today, will still be here supplying cheap, efficient energy…. A generation from now, this solar heater can either be a curiosity, a museum piece, an example of a road not taken or it can be just a small part of one of the greatest and most exciting adventures ever undertaken by the American people."- Jimmy Carter (1979)/b]

? that was 30 YEARS ago!!! Everybody should have had them by now, it didn't take 30 years for everyone to get a VCR or a flat screen TV. Its because solar energy threatens a market and we can't have that...no.
  • jono
    Options

yea bruh now we not.

thats because our whole foundation of technology is all ? up.

We only invesnt ? for military purposes or for surveillance

never for advancing society as a whole.

It wasnt always like that. We didnt start off like that.

True, we didn't start out that way but that's where we are now.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody with a six figure income cares about this ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Bruth these folks had pyramids all over the planet B. THey just found one in Bosnia.

It is hypothesized that the pyramids werent just burial grounds but energy sources.

1) There is nothing as of yet that ties all those pyramids together. As it stands, it is believed that they were all built independently meaning that each was an accomplishment of a different society as opposed to all of them being created by one global society.

2) I've never heard that the pyramids were used as energy sources. We haven't even found evidence of anything from the ancient world that would utilize such energy. However, even if that was the case, having a few energy producing pyramids around the world is still a far cry from being able to use 100% of the energy available to the civilization on the planet.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea right the bosnian pyramid is still considered to be a hoax by most archeologists
    and yonaguni is kinda cool but whatever if its manmade or natural its not a pyramid