Reverse Double Standard: How come a guy can't be a male cougar?

Options
SneakDZA
SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
A male cougar has always just been considered a pervert or a ? old man whereas a female one is some kind of empowered sex goddess.

Why can't a guy bang a 25 year-old chick when they're 40 without society frowning on them?

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think society usually frown on the women in these situations because if an older man is with a hot young chick, he's usually outkicked his coverage and the perception is the woman is only with him for money.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A male cougar has always just been considered a pervert or a ? old man whereas a female one is some kind of empowered sex goddess.

Why can't a guy bang a 25 year-old chick when they're 40 without society frowning on them?

I'm pretty sure mid to late 20's is still acceptable for a 40 year old. It's when you're 50-60 and ? with 25 year olds that it's nasty.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the same reason why society look down on male sexual predators (teachers), but no big deal is made with female sexual predators who are teachers. I think it's looked at more as sexual when the woman is involved, when the male is older it's look at as he is taking advantage of a younger chick. It's that woman is a victim mentality!
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing about being a male is that you suffer a lot in ya younger years, socially speaking, but you age like wine and have it smooth past 30, if you prepare for it. No cougar for the male; only paid off work.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Cause society is full of haters.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because when people think of older male/younger female couples they think of stuff like "? ", "gold digger", and "Hugh Hefner". They basically think the man is in it for the sex. However, that is not the case all the time. I've seen some cougers with some sugar baby men.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Usmarin3

Bravo and Co-signed
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Because when people think of older male/younger female couples they think of stuff like "? ", "gold digger", and "Hugh Hefner". They basically think the man is in it for the sex. However, that is not the case all the time. I've seen some cougers with some sugar baby men.

well i would assume the man is definitely in it for the sex; who wants to listen to a young chick babble all day about twitter and young money and all that other dumb ? they're into?

but i'd also assume the lady cougar is in it for the sex too.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    male cougar is called a sugar daddy...
  • Wild Self
    Options
    a (female) cougar knows that the only thing she had in her younger years-? -is fading, she now offers it with ease, and even teaches young dudes some tricks to make sex better.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because a rusty ass key ain't opening no new lock, but you find a new key for a rusty lock and you might just unlock all kinds of treasure.

Or something like that...
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    They can, they're called 'Manthers', lol.

lol, i love it

and i have no idea what you're talking about t/s, i'm pretty positive society is more cool with a 40 year old man dating an 20 year old girl than it is with a 40 year old woman dating a 20 year old man. it's pretty much expected at this point, that the 40 something year old divorced/single man will get him a young chick, while giving them sex-crazed cougars the side-eye

we're talking about american society not that ? muslim ? yo.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what's the age range for a "cougar" anyway, before it gets to the point to where it just looks wrong?
  • Wild Self
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    So what's the age range for a "cougar" anyway, before it gets to the point to where it just looks wrong?

30 n up.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cuz ? been preying on young and naive women since the beginning of time.....

that ? is nature
  • Kat
    Options
    30 isn't no damn cougar..smh.

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All i know is...these hoes goin
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    They can, they're called 'Manthers', lol.

lol, i love it

and i have no idea what you're talking about t/s, i'm pretty positive society is more cool with a 40 year old man dating an 20 year old girl than it is with a 40 year old woman dating a 20 year old man. it's pretty much expected at this point, that the 40 something year old divorced/single man will get him a young chick, while giving them sex-crazed cougars the side-eye

we're talking about american society not that ? muslim ? yo.

i wasn't talking about that either. show me where in american society are people more cool with seeing a 40 year old woman dating a 20 year old man than the reverse? i've never seen that. being a cougar is still pretty taboo from everything i've seen, where as the reverse is more widely accepted.

let me put it like this, do you see more of the 40 yr old man, 20 yr old girl couples or do you see more cougar couples?

Well there's this popular tv show called Cougar Town... and on the other side of the coin you have To Catch a Predator.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There will never be an age where I won't ? a girl 18 and up, unless she's still in high school. Thats the only line I draw.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shid..who wants to have an old nag on their arm at 40 and 50 years old...I need one of these young tender roni's...

I'll never forget hearing that old man in the Barbershop say this ? Lmfao
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because a rusty ass key ain't opening no new lock, but you find a new key for a rusty lock and you might just unlock all kinds of treasure.

Yo this ? make no sense at ALL

But im DEAD at "unlock all kinds of treasure"
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because men have been stigmatized very badly. If they aren't with someone with 10 yrs of their age, it must be because he's a ? , because society has been condition that all men are predators.
  • Kat
    Options

Yo this ? make no sense at ALL

But im DEAD at "unlock all kinds of treasure"

lmao...I tried.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its weird though, because men gain sex appeal with age (n/h), and women lose it entirely past a certain age.