Is Recovery ass compared to previous Eminem albums?

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    mdot wrote: »
    Eminem Show was dope to me. Recovery was decent the second half of the album got kind of poppy with some of those tracks.

The Eminem show is a 4 Mic album to me. He did a good job with it as a producer and rapper.

Recovery reminded me of a B.O.B. album. it was just not the same quality as earlier stuff
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dog you bring up Banks no matter what even if it has nothing to do with anything. Be honest.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont really know how to rank em's albums
    the eminem show is his best, encore is his worse, half of mmlp was dope, and everything else is kinda interchangeable
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Dog you bring up Banks no matter what even if it has nothing to do with anything. Be honest.

No, I don't.

Unless a Banks fan say something stupid.

That's when I bring him up or a worst rapper ever thread.

Those are the two reason.

• NikeAirMax
    NikeAirMax Members Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Options
    No it is not ass
    The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show are classics

Recovery is his 3rd best album ever after The Marshall Mathers LP being his 2nd best album ever and The Eminem Show being his greatest ever album.

The Eminem Show>>>>The Marshall Mathers LP>>>>> Recovery>>>The Slim Shady LP>>>>>Encore>>>>Relapse

Everything about Recovery is great aside from the production but aside from that the lyrics are great, content is great, nice flow, great emotion, energy and passion and a cohessive album as far as peresonal conten on almost every song. Going Through Changes is the best song on there 1 of his best ever songs and a lotta classic songs on there like Not Afraid, So Bad, Talkin 2 Myself, Love The Way You Lie, Spacebound.

Album could have done without W.T.P and Cold Wind Blows though
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

No, I don't.

Sure.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no opinion
    I'm not an eminem fan but.. howcome i rarely hear yall talk about "infinite"
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    No it is not ass
    Cold Wind Blows was nice
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    point proven, only ? like this ? .
    "Oh they dont like eminem's new album? They must be racist cause obviously every must like this album even tho its inferior to pretty much everything else he did from 99-03!"
    ? mentality.
  • NikeAirMax
    Options
    No it is not ass
    With great Production like there was on The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP and take away W.T.P., Cold Wind Blows and Won't Back which are the weakest tracks on the album and don't flow with the rest of the albums cohessive style of tracks then Recovery would be even greater
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    this and encore are in the running for his worse albums. this ? nearly has as many bad punchlines on it as the Carter 4 did. it got annoying about the 100th time he used the sticking my ? in the ground and ? the world line. it does have some good spots tho.

going through changes
    seduction
    no love
    space bound, I actually like this one and I thought the song for proof was cool too
  • ohhhla
    Options

No, I don't.

Sure.

Believe what you want to believe, I know the truth.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    Shadyteam's back.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Project Windows is dope though....

Yep.. I meant that comment in a good way.. that's my favorite song from Nastradamus.. in fact, I ? with all the versions of that song..
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No it is not ass
    Sometimes I don't know what people want everybody ripped him for relapse saying that ? was too out there and then on Recovery he wasn't on any of that ? and ? 's still complain.I thought the album was pretty good overall.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    other
    Recovery was hit or miss. The good songs were good, the bad songs were ? terrible. Compared to em' old stuff all his ? is trash now...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Relapse is a ? personal classic to me.

I can listen to that album as much as It Was Written.
  • NikeAirMax
    Options
    No it is not ass
    Relapse is a ? personal classic to me.

I can listen to that album as much as It Was Written.

Hell no that is Nas second best album you comparing to Em's worst album
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detox >> Relapse
  • NikeAirMax
    Options
    No it is not ass
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Sometimes I don't know what people want everybody ripped him for relapse saying that ? was too out there and then on Recovery he wasn't on any of that ? and ? 's still complain.I thought the album was pretty good overall.

100% truth that is why Recovery is a great album it is cohessive, almost every song has a strong message, lyrically it is fire with great content/passion, some ill hooks on there. Only thing not up to par was the production Em makes his best songs over his own production so he should have produced the album and some Dre production should have been on there. It is definitley his worst produced album ever.

Stand out tracks like Going Through Changes are top 10 Em songs you can only say the Album had 3 average songs the rest were great or really good songs with classic gems on there like Going Throgh Changes, Talkin To Myself, Not Afraid, Cinderella Man, Spacebound.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    When people call Recovery "lyrically fire" it makea me think their heads would explode if they ever heard shad
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jono

The Eminem Show is wack?

Yep
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it is ass
    I can't even listen to his best album lol
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gonna vote, cuz I still don't know what to think of Recovery. All in all, it's a good album, but its weak points to me are way worse than the weak points in his previous albums. Before, he'd have a couple goofy "Real Slim Shady" type tracks, which weren't even that bad depending on the mood of the listener. But Recovery had some corny pop tunes. I mean like, put your lighter in the sky while you hold hands together Twilight soundtrack type corny. I'd rather have a good laugh at a goofy accent than listen to some ? that sounds like something Miley Cyrus turned down cuz she's trying to shed her Disney image. This album ? me off cuz it's not bad, but Em can do better. A lot better.
  • ohhhla
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Jono

The Eminem Show is wack?

Yep

Your Southern Biased opinion.