I just watched TDKR

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rented it, thought it was good, not better than TDK.

Anyway, in the end Blake (JGL) enters the cave, is he going to be "Batman Beyond"? I see they're hinting @ a new Batman, but which?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think so. Theres rumors that character he played will be batman in the JL movie. But its still way to early to know for sure. I hope they dont use Dark Knight Characters for that movie, should be in its own universe imo and just redo batman entirely.

Nolan said he's done with the batman franchise.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe in the future nolan will maybe make a nightwing movie with JGL? thatd be dope
  • VIBE
    Options
    In the end they showed Blake finding the cave, the bats exit, and him rising on the platform.

This was all led by Blake's character knowing and understanding Batman/Wayne. He feels the same way as him. He is a good detective, as Bruce was.

He's definitely a new Batman, I just wonder who.

In the animated Batman Beyond, Terry McGuinnis, (the new batman) runs into Bruce later, in which he thought Batman/Bruce had died, but didnt. He had retired/gone into hiding.

I just feel he's the set up for Batman Beyond, if so, I hope all plays out like these films did.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League Batman is Bruce Wayne though
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    In the end they showed Blake finding the cave, the bats exit, and him rising on the platform.

This was all led by Blake's character knowing and understanding Batman/Wayne. He feels the same way as him. He is a good detective, as Bruce was.

He's definitely a new Batman, I just wonder who.

In the animated Batman Beyond, Terry McGuinnis, (the new batman) runs into Bruce later, in which he thought Batman/Bruce had died, but didnt. He had retired/gone into hiding.

I just feel he's the set up for Batman Beyond, if so, I hope all plays out like these films did.

Batman beyond is like 30yrs into the future tho
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    and Batman in Justice League is a Vet not a newbie
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hes robin (nightwing)
  • VIBE
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    hes robin (nightwing)

Yeah, a woman mentioned Robin in end, I just feel that's too easy and might be there to throw people off?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been Livin Under Rock Huh?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be pointless for him to be Robin as he was not trained by Bruce and he is too old.The writers messed up with that plot.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    yea he to old to be Robin
  • VIBE
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Been Livin Under Rock Huh?

We don't go to the theaters much, we have 4 kids, 8-1, so it's hard to get a baby sitter. We usually wait for DVD, which is cool with me.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Nothing will come of it. Warner Bros. is already working on a reboot
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why couldn't he just say his real name?... Either ? Grayson or Tim Drake...
  • requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Why couldn't he just say his real name?... Either ? Grayson or Tim Drake...
    Some people are saying his character was an amalgamation of all the Robins. His anger came from Jason Todd, his ability to figure out who Batman is was from Tim Drake, and I think he police and mild acrobatics is from Richard Greyson.

• ocelot
    Options
    I'll be cool if he said Timothy Todd Greyson... Just saying Robin was a downer... And this is better than TDK... Heath saved the movie.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be cool if he said Timothy Todd Greyson... Just saying Robin was a downer... And this is better than TDK... Heath saved the movie.

I swear you're a shock poster.

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they were tryin to avoid the "Robin Origin" from Batman Forever... I think they went a little overboard
  • ocelot
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

I swear you're a shock poster.
    ok
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it sucked. Bring on the reboot.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    LOL Where you been at broddie? You really think it sucked?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    broddie wrote: »

I wanna co sign this post but I remember you said 89' Batman was better than DK and I still havnt gotten over that not too mention all the posters who were in agreement made it even more traumatizing......
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

I wanna co sign this post but I remember you said 89' Batman was better than DK and I still havnt gotten over that not too mention all the posters who were in agreement made it even more traumatizing......
    As a Batman movie it was. The execution of the character was much better, but TDK was a superior movie overall. 89 Batman did a great job of capturing the Gothic style of the comic as did Batman Returns. I think the only bad Batman movies are Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. I stick with what I said about The Amazing Spider-man being better than TDKR, but TDKR is a solid movie despite the inconsistencies, plot holes and slow start. Bane was great and Nolan did a great job of directing as usual. The Avengers is the only comic book adaptation to really bring the comic to life, even though they screwed over Hawkeye.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    LOL Where you been at broddie? You really think it sucked?

Loungin around through parts unknown. I don't think it was on par with it's predecessors. It was pretty inconsistent with them and a lot of it felt extremely phoned in. I didn't like Inception either but at least it had a genuine sense of scope and ambition. This movie felt like something Nolan did for the check and just went through the motions.

BTW what the hell happened around here? did Complex buy out Greg and Jigsaw? this forum layout is weird.
  • Broddie
    Options

I think they're about on par. They're both flawed yet iconic, both had masterful film scores, both had The Joker outshine the Bat. Yet the '89 movie rings more true to me cause I prefer Keaton's performance to Bale's in TDK. Burton did a better job directing his actor if you ask me. Though Burton can't direct actors like he used to anymore. The guy has become a hack in his old age.

My point is Keaton's Batman resonates more with most audiences. While most people think Bale sucked in TDK.
    Not me though cause TDK actually has one of my favorite Bale's performances. I think it's in TDKR were his performance was pretty flawed. But that's more so Nolan's fault than Bale's. He could only be as good as the material he's given to work with.