Is it Safe 2 to say Austin Rivers.........

Options
ShadyWorldOrder
ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
is a Bust the guy has been terrible out there @ 10th pick u cant expect too much too early but damn ppl were all over his ? talking how Coach K held him back now Chad Ford is looking like a prophet. Not only is Rivers shooting terribly he's shooting 66% from FT line. Do ppl feel he need more time to become a good player I felt this dude should have stayed in school. He's becoming volume shooter that cant shoot.

Rivers 27.0 Mpg 6.1 ppg .283 FG% .321 3pt% .667 FT% 3.0 apg 0.8 spg 1.5 Turnovers per game
"Whichever team takes Rivers will take a risk. It could pay off big time or blow up in a team's face." --Chad Ford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S4rJSz8FaA

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think less than halfway into anyone's first season in any sport is waaay to soon to label anyone a bust. and i don't think alot of people felt he'd be an immediate impact player. And he will probably never be a superstar either, he just has to find his role so we'll see. but ? that ? and that shot he made
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's only played in what 15 games. too early to call him a bust. i like his game but he does have to work on the form in his jumper, needs to get stronger and become a more willing passer.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will give him some time.....he has potential...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wont call him a bust just yet but it is interesting that i haven't heard much about him so far this season considering the hype he got coming in....is he even starting?

what's Davis' #'s looking like?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    wont call him a bust just yet but it is interesting that i haven't heard much about him so far this season considering the hype he got coming in....is he even starting?

he's frail. can't get him back on the court cause of a sore ankle
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »

davis has been good when he's played but he can't stay healthy. I never thought rivers was gonna be ? but it's too early to call him a bust. I actually think his confidence hurts him, he thinks he's better than he is. He's not a great defender, he can't get to the hoop like he did at duke and he doesn't have an nba body. If Monty and Doc weren't good friends I doubt NO even drafts him...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bradley Beal can't shoot I'm ready for his ass to go already my bad i just go off on wizards rants for know reason

Yea Rivers career path not looking great but it's too early to go all out bust on him. he just gotta improve
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So Rivers who's only 20 is a bust after 15 games....interesting

i don't think he'll be a star but he can def. become a Lou Williams type player , that's not a bust.

he'll be a 14-16ppg player eventually
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No , he's only played 15 games and has been fighting injuries since draft workouts I'll give him a couple of seasons to figure what his niche is going to be in the league.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rivers is getting 27.0 mpg really??? Im rooting for him to do better but he probably should have stayed in school I dont see him being more than journeyman scorer but he got to get his mid range game together
  • detcatinva
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Bradley Beal can't shoot I'm ready for his ass to go already my bad i just go off on wizards rants for know reason

Yea Rivers career path not looking great but it's too early to go all out bust on him. he just gotta improve

man i had never even heard of bradley beal until the draft came around. alot of these players need to stay in school longer than a year
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I thought Beal would be doing better.

• KeepOnPushing
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

man i had never even heard of bradley beal until the draft came around. alot of these players need to stay in school longer than a year

Seriously??
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got a NBA coach as your dad and still can't shoot for ? . smh
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beal will be better when Wall returns
  • detcatinva
    Options

Seriously??

i may have saw two or three games when he was at florida. i dont really check for florida basketball but he never stood out at all to me. i never heard of him in high school either
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options

Seriously??

i may have saw two or three games when he was at florida. i dont really check for florida basketball but he never stood out at all to me. i never heard of him in high school either

Beal won National Gatorade HS Player of the year , and he was nice at UF you could see what they like about him.

Beal is gonna be really good , People expect way too many of these 19/20 year olds to step in right away and average 23ppg from the jump and fail to realize how hard the NBA is and how big of an adjustment it is.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I dont know how anybody couldn't see this coming

Im almost positive im on record on here when he came out saying it wasnt smart

Dude is not a good basketball player
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

me either and i swear last year watching draft coverage they kept talking bout how good of a shooter he is. Then they show his highlight package and the dude isn't making any jump shots. Then he had a wack ass 3point shooting percentage. I'm telling my man like am I missing something why are they drafting a shooter who can't shoot. But yea I never really seen him ball at Florida.

Seriously??

Beal won National Gatorade HS Player of the year , and he was nice at UF you could see what they like about him.

Beal is gonna be really good , People expect way too many of these 19/20 year olds to step in right away and average 23ppg from the jump and fail to realize how hard the NBA is and how big of an adjustment it is.

I didn't expect that much from Beal. But I did expect him to shoot over .35% from the field. I did expect to see some hustle and athleticism. He never asserts himself. Hopefully it's all coming with time.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Way too early to call him a buat but he aint doin what was expected of him neither. Dude at most in the next couple of yrs is gonna average 15ppg
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    watching the vid.....with Chad Ford and 1st Take crew did skip bayless say "If Michael Jordan went ahead picked Austin Rivers @ #2 pick I wouldnt be mad at that @ all" WTF.......His trolling exploits never amaze me
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Never saw the hype in him.