So, are ya'll prepared to die some more?

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

Dark Souls 2 baby. FromSoftware ain't playing. I just got back into the first one again to play the DLC they released a couple months ago.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holy ? ! i still aint beat part 1!! lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol How far did you get?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still don't get the appeal of the dark souls
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It was a very challenging game hailing back to old school video games. A lot of people like the series for that fact alone. I personally like the gameplay. The battle system is one of the best for action RPGs, and being able to use tons of different weapons, armors, accessories, etc... keeps it interesting.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have dark souls, havent started playing it. Probably beaten demon souls 3-4 times
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a wack game that make people feel like real gamers.

Wack graphics, gameplay, and controls.

"Oh look, I died 10000000 times but I finally beat Dark Souls. "
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2012
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

lol Translation: I couldn't even get to the first boss so I threw my controller down and decided to bash anyone who is actually able to play the game.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options

lol Translation: I couldn't even get to the first boss so I threw my controller down and decided to bash anyone who is actually able to play the game.

I don't buy or play wack games b.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm not sure what sure what that statement has to do with Dark Souls, but ok. lol @ you coming into a thread to hate on a video game though. Blindly hating on anything is lame, but hating on an inanimate object is just pathetic.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18105_492422454135367_670463898_n.jpg[/img]
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    I'm not sure what sure what that statement has to do with Dark Souls, but ok. lol @ you coming into a thread to hate on a video game though. Blindly hating on anything is lame, but hating on an inanimate object is just pathetic.

Well you're defending an inanimate object. That's even more pathetic... pathetic ass ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Where did I defend it? Did you see me try to offer an argument or explain why you were wrong? Nope, I just identified you as a lame and left it at that.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Where did you defend it? Hmm let me see:

It was a very challenging game hailing back to old school video games. A lot of people like the series for that fact alone. I personally like the gameplay. The battle system is one of the best for action RPGs, and being able to use tons of different weapons, armors, accessories, etc... keeps it interesting.

Keep sonning yourself lame ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol You're an idiot.

The first of those quotes wasn't a defense. It was an answer to the previous poster's question. How could it have been a defense when the post was made before you even came into the topic with your hating?

And the second wasn't a defense either. I said nothing in support of the game over. I just put your silly post in context.

To defend the game. I would actually have take a stance in support of the game in response to your attack on it. I didn't do that. I only called you out for the stupidity of coming into a topic about a game just to pointlessly hate on the game.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    You got sonned, lame ? . It's okay you can always go and play Dark Souls for countless hours and continue to be the ? you are.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, you sure showed me.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Yeah, you sure showed me.
    I'm happy to see you've finally accepted your L.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A game being difficult is not a selling point, it has to be something going on there to get me interested like Ninja Gaiden 2 is difficult but it has Ninja's with cool ass weapons and combos and things. Dragon's Dogma is difficult but it has a party system like some of the old rpgs that adds something different. What interesting features does dark souls have outside of being difficult?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    A game being difficult is not a selling point, it has to be something going on there to get me interested like Ninja Gaiden 2 is difficult but it has Ninja's with cool ass weapons and combos and things. Dragon's Dogma is difficult but it has a party system like some of the old rpgs that adds something different. What interesting features does dark souls have outside of being difficult?
    Exactly

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol How far did you get?

I wanna say i just beat anor londo area. im not positive tho lol been forever sincei played it.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

Difficulty is a selling point. It might not be for you in particular, but lots of people look for a challenge, and for them difficulty is a factor in why they buy the game. That said, I don't think we have the same definition if you think Dragon's Dogma was difficult. The difficulty in that game and in the Souls games aren't even comparable. As for NG2, Dark Souls is a different kind of difficulty. It's not about how fast you can push the buttons. It's more about how well you can learn from mistakes and implement strategy in your character build and battle.

Anyway, selling points outside of the difficulty are: a good battle system for an action RPG, lots customization options for your character build (e.g. weapons, armor, etc...), lots of varied environments and enemies, and real good integration of online multiplayer (even better now that they've actually implemented a battle mode).
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While I enjoy the game play, I think that Demon/Dark Souls is cheap rather than challenging. People use its difficulty as an excuse of how it is so old school. Not everyone wants to keep replaying the same part over again becuase there are little to no check points. Some of us have other ? to do and other games to play.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    I never beat Dark Souls either. Last I left off is where those ghosts are that you can't attack unless you're cursed SMH
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah I dont ? with that. I don't play games that'll make me want to break my ? controller or something
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    I never beat Dark Souls either. Last I left off is where those ghosts are that you can't attack unless you're cursed SMH

New Londo. I'd say that's a little past the halfway mark. You don't have to be cursed to hit those ghosts though. You can use the transient curse items, and after you ? a few you'll get a ghost blade that can hurt them.
    Nah I dont ? with that. I don't play games that'll make me want to break my ? controller or something

Yeah it's one of those games, on the flip side overcoming that ? that has you stuck will probably give you the most satisfaction you can get from video games.