Oblivion

Options
Dr.Chemix
Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
Oblivion62920126666.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1340919983315

Starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman

Synopsis:
Tom Cruise stars in Oblivion, an original and groundbreaking cinematic event from the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond recognition, one man’s confrontation with the past will lead him on a journey of redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind.

Jack Harper (Cruise) is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack’s mission is nearly complete. Living and patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.

Oblivion will be shot in stunning digital 4K resolution on location across the United States and Iceland.

Oblivion_01.jpg

From another source:
“Earth, 2015. The Odyssey travels to Mars to assemble and occupy the Red Planet’s first base station. En route, the sudden appearance of a vast White Cube in space interrupts the ship’s voyage – and the crew of the Odyssey is never heard from again. 30 years later, Earth has become an almost unrecognizable, surreal wilderness with the remains of human cities poking through vast black sand dunes and bizarre geological formations. The White Cube, from a long-dead extraterrestrial race, was to find potentially inhabitable worlds and reshape them into suitable environments for the aliens, who now will never come. It now sits high in the planet’s orbit, dominating the sky, attempting to undo the damage it has caused as well as repopulate the Earth with clones of the comatose Odyssey crew. The only clones on the surface remain those stationed in the looming Watchtowers, scattered around the planet. One such Watchtower crewmember, a clone named Jak, witnesses a burning object fall to Earth. It’s an escape pod carrying Julia Kanan, the one lone survivor of the Odyssey before its capture by the Cube, and a love from Jak’s pre-clone past. But as the authorities close in to retake Julia, Jak’s genetic memory of his love for her drives him to decisions he never would have thought possible-and which could lead to disaster for both of them.”

Oblivion.jpg

oblivion-poster.jpg

There will also be a comic/graphic novel that will accompany the film.

Oblivion.jpg

oblivion-1.jpg

oblivion-6.jpg

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k

? looks dope...

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks raw as ? . most def be watching this first day.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the film looks great. Tom always does good in Sci-Fi movies to me. Love the white/grey color tones of the film. Like the cast. Can't wait for this. This is the movie that sets the summer off for me.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminds me of the game mass effect
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? looks horrible
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with the visually stunning part, but the score was annoying as ? - pretty much copied Inception and Dark Knight Rises. Story was kinda interesting but not enough to make this film memorable.

Worst part: Score and Olga K. (beautiful girl but a ? actress).

Best part: Gadgets/Technology and aesthetics.

7 out of 10
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Visually stunning , great music and action pieces

But the story is kinda confusing

This is what will happen if you keep buying apple products

It's 2001 space odyssey meet wall e

Andrea riseborough is my new crush

cosign the bolded.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't quite live up to my expectations. But it was ok for what its worth. Quality visuals though.
    From watching the trailer it kinda gave away that Jake was on the wrong side. With the twist being he has clones. So when they went to blow up the mother ship your not tied to sacrificing himself as more of him are still alive and all his clones could come around to the idea of being woke up to what is really going on.

It sucks Morgan Freeman's character dies but you can't get that emotionally invested in him either as he is only on the screen for a handful of scenes.

I saw the kingslayer made an appearance. Blonde white dudes stay getting work in the industry.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Didn't quite live up to my expectations. But it was ok for what its worth. Quality visuals though.
    From watching the trailer it kinda gave away that Jake was on the wrong side. With the twist being he has clones. So when they went to blow up the mother ship your not tied to sacrificing himself as more of him are still alive and all his clones could come around to the idea of being woke up to what is really going on.

It sucks Morgan Freeman's character dies but you can't get that emotionally invested in him either as he is only on the screen for a handful of scenes.

I saw the kingslayer made an appearance. Blonde white dudes stay getting work in the industry.

So is the movie worth $15 or a redbox rental???!!!
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Redbox rental, glad I seen the regular version for $6. I was disappointed and figured out the plot easily.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »

So is the movie worth $15 or a redbox rental???!!!

Hmmm.. I'd say pay for something else and when that's done walk into this one. It's what I did. The visual fx is worth being seen in theaters. Otherwise if you can wait, redbox it.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about y'all but this ? was wack and I definitely fell asleep 30 min in woke up to some shootout feel asleep again then woke up again seeing him an a bunch of human bubbles on some matrix ? ? this movie
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still haven't peeped the flick, keep forgetting about it. The story seems ok but I would probably appreciate more than others would.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't feeling it. Had more questions after it was ova
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool
    don't understand the ? of the other clone narrating like he was the original, would've been nice if the aliens were aliens and not just a giant evil apple product from light years away. Yeah the story and ending r predictable half way through the movie
    yeah I'm expecting wills movie to ? all over this, and smh at me walking out the theater and into tyler perrys temptation thinking it was gonna be some 5 heart beats ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea it wasnt bad.....better then iron man
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was expecting more. As far as recent sci fi flicks go, Prometheus had a much better theme.

Nice to see more sci fi that isn't star wars or star trek getting made though. I hope this trend grows
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    enjoyed it on a visual level and cruise was good but it just stole too much from other films (they ripped the ? out of moon) for me to get immersed into it fully.I was sitting there waiting for it to kick off at some point but it just never came....they kept it too minimalistic if anything.

all i took home from this was the thought that i'd wish somebody would make a mass effect movie.

easiest payday Morgan Freeman has had.dude was in like 2 scenes lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That girl that falls from the ship is sexy as ? tho

olga-kurylenko-1280x1024.jpg
    olga-kurylenko-11.jpg
    Olga-Kurylenko-01.jpg
    Olga-wallpapers-olga-kurylenko-5770517-1600-1200.jpg
    [img][/img]
  • S.jR.