The Men who built America

Options
thefabmd2dc
thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this?
I normally don't watch documentary's but this is pretty GOAT in the way they present the way business was done in the industrial age.

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I watched the Rockefeller one
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw that ? before. Its not a documentary, its a TV show, subject to revisionist history. It is entertaining though.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? on the history channnel? i think i caught the tail end of one of them ? it was interesting. the how the states were made got me one day and watched like 10 of them ? i a row.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this abt slaves or nah?
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fraudulent ass show.
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had alot of gems in there on business principles, but they cut alot of parts out and it was waaaaaay to sensationalized trying to make them out to be pure heroes when they were more so complex individuals with ulterior motives especially the why they portrayed JP Morgan.

They also breezed past the fact that Henry Ford utilized ? and Soybean to create a plastic stronger than stell and how George Washington Carver contributed to that. So I enjoyed it for what it was I guess. You can learn much more about business from rich dad, poor dad(or other finance,business books), actually starting a business, or watching some free vids on business on youtube.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Fraudulent ass show.
    LOL NOT A SINGLE ? WAS SHOWN ON THAT SHOW SMH!!! ? DAMN CRACKAS. Every last one of them had a ? load of free labor(? ). where you think they got all that money from in the first place. White people will never put nothing epic out showing their evil dark side. They always got to dress it up some kind of way if they do.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I saw that ? before. Its not a documentary, its a TV show, subject to revisionist history. It is entertaining though.

The men who built this country didn't wear business suits...they wore chains.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How The States Got Their Shapes is possibly one of the greatest shows to come out in the past couple years.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I DVR'd the series, but I knew they were going to sugarcoat everything. I know these men were much more ruthless than they are making them appear to be.
    VIBE wrote: »
    How The States Got Their Shapes is possibly one of the greatest shows to come out in the past couple years.

Yeah, I saw one episode of this and was hooked. I know there are things they left out about this though, too.

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i tweeted this to Donald Trump when he was promoting this show. so im glad to see im not the only one hip to this marketing spin

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Fraudulent ass show.
    LOL NOT A SINGLE ? WAS SHOWN ON THAT SHOW SMH!!! ? DAMN CRACKAS. Every last one of them had a ? load of free labor(? ). where you think they got all that money from in the first place. White people will never put nothing epic out showing their evil dark side. They always got to dress it up some kind of way if they do.

^^ The definition of a powerful post.100%truth and some white people cant handle it.If you were to ask them the question as to it relates to threadstarters thread title and ask them "who built this country" theyll prolly throw out george washington ,james madison or some ? .....lol...theyre so lost in the minds its laughable because its actual grown caucasian people who truly believe that those old white men built this country.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

The men who built this country didn't wear business suits...they wore chains.

So chain attire will fix Africa?