Stand Up Guys Trailer (Al Pacino, Christopher Walken)

Options
vageneral08
vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
? looks good who gonna check this out when it drops?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApJNjPTqZs

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I definitely am. Love crime movies.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every washed up actor always has one good one left in them before their career wraps up. This may be that one for Pacino and Walken. At least I hope so.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    broddie wrote: »
    Every washed up actor always has one good one left in them before their career wraps up. This may be that one for Pacino and Walken. At least I hope so.

I Kinda Agree With This...But How Many Choice Roles Are There For 60+ Actors Nowadays Who Strengths Lie In Gangster Films....I Don't Think They're Garbage Or They Can't Act Anymore The Well For Them Has Just Dried Up...The 70's Been Over

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill pass whatever happen to that martin scorsese film "The Irishman" starring Pacino De niro and Joe Pesci? I'll pay to see that.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I Kinda Agree With This...But How Many Choice Roles Are There For 60+ Actors Nowadays Who Strengths Lie In Gangster Films....I Don't Think They're Garbage Or They Can't Act Anymore The Well For Them Has Just Dried Up...The 70's Been Over [/b]

Except that these guys have done a lot of their best work outside of gangster movies. We're not talking about one note actors here we're talking about 2 oscar winners with a consistent level of quality roles spanning across 3 decades.

It's not like they're incapable of getting quality supporting roles especially with their level of prestige in that industry. There is no reason for Al Pacino to be chasing after Adam ? in drag in a movie today. Or for Walken to be playing ping pong while dressed like Fu Manchu. Not unless they're just no longer really motivated when it comes to their craft and just taking whatever comes across and judging by the roles they're choosing that's more likely the situation.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might be Pacinos last good movie

70years old and still busting his guns

GOAT
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hector Salamanca from Breaking Bad is in it. im sold
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Kinda Agree With This...But How Many Choice Roles Are There For 60+ Actors Nowadays Who Strengths Lie In Gangster Films....I Don't Think They're Garbage Or They Can't Act Anymore The Well For Them Has Just Dried Up...The 70's Been Over [/b]

Except that these guys have done a lot of their best work outside of gangster movies. We're not talking about one note actors here we're talking about 2 oscar winners with a consistent level of quality roles spanning across 3 decades.

It's not like they're incapable of getting quality supporting roles especially with their level of prestige in that industry. There is no reason for Al Pacino to be chasing after Adam ? in drag in a movie today. Or for Walken to be playing ping pong while dressed like Fu Manchu. Not unless they're just no longer really motivated when it comes to their craft and just taking whatever comes across and judging by the roles they're choosing that's more likely the situation.

At This Point In Their Careers Its Just About The Paycheck Bruh (With Some Exceptions)...These ? Could Give A ? About "The Craft"
    Same Goes For De Niro And Nicholson...They're Resting On Their Laurels And Letting The New Cats Get Their Shine...Can't Be Mad At That...

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At This Point In Their Careers Its Just About The Paycheck Bruh (With Some Exceptions)...These ? Could Give A ? About "The Craft"
    Same Goes For De Niro And Nicholson...They're Resting On Their Laurels And Letting The New Cats Get Their Shine...Can't Be Mad At That...

Yeah but drag what movie was that?