Mike Tyson Appreciation/KO Thread

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
the greatest knockout artist of our generation. dude always entertained, after a ? charge, biting a dude ear off, mike tyson still came out on top. dude change his whole persona into something positive and people still love dude to this day. mike became a real family man, especially after losing one of his children in an freak accident, being in movies, broadway, etc. im truly happy for dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz_eSUNoWuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxUpS1UseA

oh yeah he also had the GOAT nes game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLyBgdf1yQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBK_1C3cxxc

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a shame that he's more famous now for being in the hangover
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyson is the GOAT in my eyes, he'll be here in Da Chi on that tour of his on my birthday next year and I'm definitely going to check it out

At his best, no one was seeing him. NO ONE! That combination of speed, power, and aggression hasn't been seen since and never will. And his defense was no joke either. No matter what goes on with Tyson I will forever be a fan
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

he rebounded from dat ? image.....thats a good thing....he simply became a ?
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

How is he a ? ?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is he a ? ?

he pleasing the white man by participating in their jokes
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The heavyweight division never been the same without him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude was a beast in the late 80's.... too bad he went to jail and lost that bully aura... he had one of the greatest uppercuts eva... for his height he was able to bob and weave and drill bigger guys... too bad he didnt get to fight Holyfield, Lennox, and Bowe in the early 90s when all were young and in their primes
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Tyson is the GOAT in my eyes
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tyson had devastating power, if he would have stayed focus and didn't mess with those chicken head broads he would be the GOAT
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont be ignorant all your life. I swear you young ? say the stupidest ? .

as yall ? would say "IT IS WHAT IT IS"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have always respected tyson....til this day i respect him him for what he has done..

but the greatest moment to me is when he got knocked out by lewis...
    he stood there an took his beating for 8rds and when it was over he basically said he deserved it..

that is the height of being humbled an not fighting it.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Not Boxing Expert But IMHO I Think In His Prime Even Ali Would've Gotten KOEd The ? Out By A Young Mike Tyson In The 1st Round...If It Went The Distance Maybe Not So Much...Opinions?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tyson isn't the GOAT, but I think he would have been if ? hadn't died when he did. Mike started downhill after that even though he didn't consolidate the titles until after ? was gone.

Watching Tyson is crazy though. He pretty much had perfect form with his punches that gave him the power that you need in the HW division but he had the kinda hand speed and evasiveness you only see in the lower weight divisions. The only I think he lacked is the sense of strategy. That's an area where someone like Ali kills him, but that goes back to my comment about ? . When Tyson was with him and that crew, they would come up with a good gameplan and Mike would execute it perfectly. Once Don King got a hold of him though, he lost that support system and wasn't the same fighter.
    1345925789815.gif

That ? is ill. You don't really see that kinda movement in the HW division.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now im from the ville and yall know ali is my ? cause we damn near from the same block but mike was on another level. ali couldnt pull that rope a dope ? . did yall see how he just goes to a ? body? damn mike was that ? . i put him third of all time behind ali and jack. and thats saying alot.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love mike but Ali would whopped him like buster and lennox. Tall long arms fight off his jab. Mike woulda had a better shot vs the Ali the lost to frazier
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Love mike but Ali would whopped him like buster and lennox. Tall long arms fight off his jab. Mike woulda had a better shot vs the Ali the lost to frazier

Come on, let's be real. The Tyson that lost to Buster didn't even train before the fight, and the Tyson that lost to Lennox shouldn't have been in the ring to begin with. I'm not saying Ali wouldn't beat Tyson, but if you talking about the two fighting in their primes, then it damn sure wouldn't go like it did with either Buster or Lennox.

After watching that vid of all his fights, I forgot just how dominant he still was after that fight with Buster though. You could tell there was a big drop off in his abilities, but he was still destroying the comp.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    80s Tyson was simply the most unstoppable boxer to ever have laced up gloves.
    90s Tyson simply showed what happened when the world corrupts a ? .

Mike was the reason I watched boxing, so respect is always given.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These were the days when boxing was @ its best Heavyweight division is lost for talent. Loved Tyson like one dude said on here he was the reason I started watching boxing. Speed with Knockout power that Tyson had was uncanny. How is Tyson a ? ???? to me he seems better than he ever was b/c he at peace with hisself.....Niccas still want his downfall I see still want Mike to act a fool and be on that REAL ? ? smh whatever but one of if not the greatest KNOCKOUT boxer I've ever seen.

Vicious%20Mike%20Tyson%20uppercut.gif
    jfwzl4.jpg

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I'm Not Boxing Expert But IMHO I Think In His Prime Even Ali Would've Gotten KOEd The ? Out By A Young Mike Tyson In The 1st Round...If It Went The Distance Maybe Not So Much...Opinions?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aVGyjvulVcs
    have you even watched the mans career?
    here is tyson againt a low budget ali clone. notice the lack of knock out.

now look at ali vs the guy tyson imitated (frazier) and make a more educated judgement
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If tyson could have touched Ali.. which he could have he would have lost..

This is just as ridiculous as the notion that Marciano could beat Ali

Tyson had Frazier left hook power in both hands in every punch and ali like speed
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    just watching them gifs make me cringe son power was godly nh.

1085422_o.gif

25s5t82.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    nawledge_? wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aVGyjvulVcs
    have you even watched the mans career?
    here is tyson againt a low budget ali clone. notice the lack of knock out.

now look at ali vs the guy tyson imitated (frazier) and make a more educated judgement

Tyson had a left hook like Frazier and that's about the extent the imitation. I can't say I've seen every Frazier fight out there, but from the little I've seen, Tyson was way more evasive that Frazier. They both would try to get in and bang, but Tyson could set up big punches using feints and head movement way better than Frazier.

Plus, just my opinion, but Tyson may have had some of the best punching mechanics ever. People talk about his punching power, but his power came from his technique. He pretty much put his whole body into every punch, even his jabs which isn't the norm in boxing.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet his sister punch harder