we spend our 30s trying to make up for mistakes in our 20s...is that true for some of yall???

Options
2nd chances
2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
not even mistakes..but jsut doing things we were supposed to do when we were in our 20s..then we spend 40s making up for what we needed to our 30s..constnatly playing catchup

i find that its often common with black folks than others...you have so many black folks in their 30s now going to school when they should've done it back then....these white folks do most of that thing in their 20s and spend the rest of their life stacking bread and building wealth etc ..

anyway is the situation true for you? why do you think you are in this position..?

http://youtu.be/qao0ASGUf0Y

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    we'll see when I get there.

There isn't a set number of things that one necessarily "needs" to do before you reach a certain age (I imagine there could be some exceptions). Everyone matures at their own pace and you'll actually end up playing "catch-up" a whole lot quicker if you're trying to do things you're not ready for just because you think you're supposed to be doing them.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? up my early 20's but I'll those wrongs made right by 30. I got straight A's this semester
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not really....i just had to be more responsible for my actions.

i was never really an ? who fukked up like that
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To a degree...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't even read the o/p... U ? love u some white ppl... ? is disgusting...
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'll let you know once i get to 30
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are only playing catchup if you really ? up and just do what you are suppose to do as an adult and you'll have nothing to worry about. Just take things slow and easy and work yourself hard when you are suppose to work hard.
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what?? at least some black decide to get it together, getting to a million at 25 is awesome, but getting to a million at 35, aint the end of the world either
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    My 20's have been filled with beautiful and beneficial decisions.

Last mistake I made was waiting to pirate Far Cry 3, and I rectified that by pirating Far Cry 3.

? quote.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really depends on the person.

Some people spend their teens ? up so by the time the 20s roll around they're on track.

Regardless of when you get started, most are bound to make some dumb mistakes before they get it together.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started to correct the MAJOR mistakes around 24 and been on the right path since.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not me... if I don't have a solid retirement date in mind by the time I'm 45, then something went majorly wrong between now and then.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He spitting that old game but its real talk.
    You move right next time bc u learned how u fell off
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I still have 4 years of mistakes to make if thats the case
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree to a point. I really hate when I see the older generation encourage the youngsters to basically ? off in their 20's as if it's a right of passage. All this YOLO ? is killin this generation. Other cultures may take some time to party and ? , but by the time they are mid 20's you see them with a stable career, home etc. That mentality needs to die in our community. You ain't never too young to get your ? together
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't hit 30 yet I haven't made to many mistakes maybe a few missed opportunities because of my stubbornness but everythang has come full circle so I'm good I just need to clean up a few investments and put more money into my sons accounts other that that I just want to experience life
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Nah... I'm making brand new mistakes.

also a lot of these glorious white people you speak of have the benefits of privilege that many of our poor lowly ? brethren lack and therefore have to work harder and longer (nh) for.

one of the mistakes you might want to work on correcting is looking at things on a surface level and thinking in simplistic binary terms.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kicked it in my 20s but i handled my business to so as of now my 30s r ok. i was the youngest in my family so i observed my sister & cousins ? ups & learned from their mistakes.

hank aaron said he hit most of his homeruns in the on deck circle just by watching the pitcher. i did the same. i peeped game and learned what/what not to do from them. smart ppl dont have to get burned to realize that fire is hot. dumb ? cant figure that out to save their sorry ass lives
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iunno but that sig of yours is making me nauseous.

That broad looks like you'd be able to see her heart beating through her chest.
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    i got a real question for some old heads to answer

what are some good jobs that i can get entry level in the oil and gas of manufacturing field w/o a degree
    im 21 and ? a few times i was in school but flunked out and now i just want to stack some bread up so i can payback tuition and start over while being able to start a career in someting.

i was thinking about votech but idk if thats the right route or welding school
  • whitecracker
    Options
    and what are some good ways to make some money online or some side hustles anyone on here might have

i heard of markflipshouses but i never really looked into it like that..im just trying to make some money rs
  • whitecracker
    Options
    and how i get a fine as chick thats down for me and aint ? a lot of ? i be around to many ratchets i had a good one but she gone now and its like my ? then went downhill

no girl no money ? depressed
  • whitecracker
    Options
    i know im new on here and all so i dont know how to make threads but im asking some serious ? no sly remarcks please