So, Speaker of the House John Boehner may be OUT as of tonight.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Social Lounge
examiner.com/article/senior-sources-cited-that-house-speaker-john-boehner-may-resign-tonight

Senior sources cited that House Speaker John Boehner may resign tonight

News that House Speaker John Boehner may resign or be voted out as House Speaker tonight is being reported by several alternate news sites, the Sean Hannity show, and through Twitter.

The news is circulating due to last night's passage of the fiscal bill where 86 Republicans including Boehner voted yes while 151 Republicans said no. That appears to have opened the door that problems now exist in the Republican Party and with a Republican Caucus meeting occurring right now,speculation that Boehner may resign or be voted out tonight is on the rise.

Some are stating that he is resigning while others, such as Politico writer, Jake Sherman tweeted, “Boehner is not resigning tonight. His office says it’s made up.”

Ron Meyer Jr., spokesperson for the activist group American Majority Action, appeared on MSNBC with Martin Bashir where he said that he is hearing rumors form reliable sources that House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) will resign the speaker-ship tonight.

However, a few hours ago, outgoing Republican Congressman Jeff Landry wrote an opinion piece on Brietbart and shared his view that it is time for new Republican leadership.

“Thanks to the leadership of Speaker John Boehner, the House passed a bill which raises taxes by $620 billion while cutting spending by a mere $15 billion over 10 years. Usually, a compromise is an even trade (one-for-one). In this trade, House and Senate Republicans traded $41 dollars in tax hikes for every $1 dollar in spending cuts—not exactly a balanced approach,” said Landry.

“All the while, Speaker Boehner’s approval rating has dropped to 17%—lower than Nancy Pelosi and every other national leader. His speakership has been a massive failure. As an outgoing member of Congress, let me say what my colleagues can’t: We need fresh leadership now, or the Republican Party will lose in 2014 and beyond, “Landry said.

“Conservatives can thank the Republican establishment for this profound failure.”

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    News that House Speaker John Boehner may resign or be voted out as House Speaker tonight is being reported by several alternate news sites, the Sean Hannity show, and through Twitter.

Seems legit
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should...under his leadership the Republican party has become a disgrace to the country and to the political process.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    He should...under his leadership the Republican party has become a disgrace to the country and to the political process.

not completely true,

it was the Tea Party extremists that did them end, with more then a helping hand from the Conservative Media complex, i.e. Limbaughs, Hanntiys, Beck, etc

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    honestly, i get the basis for this sentiment, but Boehner himself is not the extreme part of the party, nor the most obstructionist

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those Tea Party folks had it out for Boehner anyway. If I were him I wouldn't want the headache.
  • a.mann
    Options
    well I'm HIGHLY enjoying this show ........"As The GOP Implodes"

and the irony of it all hasn't been lost to those paying attention

which is the Tea Party was created as direct foil & opposition to President Obama

instead it's causing more harm and chaos to the Republicans (then anyone could have possibly predicted)

what is even more amusing is watching & listening to all the Conservative pundits and commentators scrambling to ignore this humongous elephant in the room

pretty sure the only thing on their mind is "How can we convince our target audience this civil war in the Republican Party is Obama's fault???"
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • rage
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

not completely true,

it was the Tea Party extremists that did them end, with more then a helping hand from the Conservative Media complex, i.e. Limbaughs, Hanntiys, Beck, etc
    janklow wrote: »
    honestly, i get the basis for this sentiment, but Boehner himself is not the extreme part of the party, nor the most obstructionist

Yes....and since he is the leader of the party, its his responsibility to divest the party from the tea party and admonish the Conservative Media for being a bunch of bat ? crazy idiots. All of this ? happened on his watch...meanwhile Harry Reid is throwing concessions from the White House into the fireplace and telling the Republicans to go ? themselves.
  • a.mann
    Options
    apparently the GOP feels he's doing a pretty good job

they re-elected him ( suprisely I'll admit)
  • rage
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    apparently the GOP feels he's doing a pretty good job

they re-elected him ( suprisely I'll admit)

He narrowly won...how much you want to bet that more than a few dems voted for him so that he can keep ? up.....crybaby ass ? .
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's no coincidence that the house voted for the tax increases and boehner won the speakership. The dems and boehners cronies greased each others palms. The GOP establishment influence is on the decline, and good ole Johnny knows this. He had to cut a deal to get some speaker votes from dems. But now those dems that probably voted for them will most likely get slaughtered in primary come election time by a more progressive candidate. Just another way for dems to weed out the less progressive caucus members. Pretty clever if you ask me.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bohner got re-elected cuz the rest of the Republican party is even crazier then he is, as shocking as that sounds
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yes....and since he is the leader of the party, its his responsibility to divest the party from the tea party and admonish the Conservative Media for being a bunch of bat ? crazy idiots.
    well, i imagine people who don't like the GOP much would like the GOP speaker to bash members of the GOP. unfortunately, that really doesn't make that much sense. it's his job to wrangle them, but they're still supposed to respond to what their constituents want (which, apparently, includes "being ? crazy").
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stays at mr seavers. schocking minds preview of more even more of sterile dry ? .
  • ivyleague
    ivyleague Members Posts: 11
    Options
    how much you want to bet that more than a few dems voted for him so that he can keep ? up

This didn't happen and you can look it up so I don't know why you'd say that.
  • rage
    Options
    ivyleague wrote: »
    how much you want to bet that more than a few dems voted for him so that he can keep ? up

This didn't happen and you can look it up so I don't know why you'd say that.

Obviously no Dems voted for him...I was being facetious.