Since were in januray lets recaps these nights of wrestling.

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.wwe.com/classics/foley-nash-jan-4-1999-26081539/page-1

Actually a pretty good story including interviews with Nash and Foley. For those who don't remember, this was the night ? Foley won his first WWF Championship and the night the WCW championship changed hands with "the Fingerpoke of Doom!" WWE never lost another night in the ratings after this night.

The article seems to skirt around that just the week before, Goldberg's streak ended to a cattle ? on PPV and that Monday night Goldberg was arrest because of "allegations" by Miss Elizabeth. (They didn't say it, but they implied he ? her)

It was probably one of the most surreal nights during the entire Monday Night Wars. When Schiavone said, "that'll but a lot of butts in the seats," I couldn't believe it. Another thing that often gets overlooked is Raw ended before the main event of Nitro. When Raw ended, Nitro's ratings went through the roof, and all those people tuned in just in time to see the "Fingerpoke of Doom." Fans literally went from jubilation and happiness for ? to disgust for all of WCW in just mere seconds.

And does anybody remember just 3 or 4 years ago tna try to start another Monday night war in this month but i forgot what day it was but i remember on the same night wwe had Bret Hart on raw.

I also didn't remember finger poke of doom was on the same night of ? winning the belt.

Comments