Do you think WWE can make another gimmick that

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
would make everybody want to tune like stone cold did? I'm not saying a direct copy of stone cold but like a interesting Gimmick with an interesting storyline that would get a lot of people talking or do you think the wwe would just mess up like always if they ever get this Gimmick.I ask this because i was talking to an old friend of mind who telling the reason he and everybody he knew back in the day watch WWE because of stone cold and how interesting he was and to see what he'll do next.I think they had this with john cena in the beginning and also C.M. punk but they keep going with that employee vs boss story which was fine for stone cold and DX because there gimmick was that of rebels but i think John and Punk need there own storylines.

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but it could be awhile cause it seems like Vince is way in too deep with this PG stuff!!!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    originality is lacking. hulk hogan, Austin, The rock, NWO and DX were all one of a kind and the wrestling world had never seen gimmicks like those before...and the stories stayed fresh they were face, heels and/or faces with heel like personalities, catch phrases, memorable beefs (faces even feuded with faces) and during thier prime their acts never went stale....sometimes I feel like Im watching the same ? the same feuds year after year with john cena...same damn speeches
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punk would work like a SCSA, in the sense of feuds w HHH/Vince the "boss feud", I don't know why they haven't.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't force a gimmick, like what they did w/ Lex Luger

You can't make a Stone Cold, that was natural, just like Hogan, just like Rock

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its up to the wrestler to want this ? and make his own "gimmick"
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    like pusher said...

wwe didn't create stone cold or the rock' s gimmicks.

both of those guys went up to vince and told him what they wanted to do...

as far as Hogan goes, vince originally wanted him to dye his hair red and basically portray what Sheamus' gimmick is today.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody followed cena when he debuted
    That ? was ? then and a four move wrestler now
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince is trying to force Cena down our throats but, Cena will never be Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, Taker, Hogan, Macho Man and even CM Punk because, he is boring and tries too hard to be funny and it comes out corny just like when he is in his "serious" mode it looks corny.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Undertaker got the GOAT gimmick... because its cheesy as hell but nobody gives a ? cuz its the ? Undertaker

But back on topic
    Can you imagine the look on Vince's face when Steve Williams kicked down his office door, gave him the finger, then climbed on top of his desk and chugged two beers???
    How could you not put your money behind a gimmick like that? lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ? dont want it no more, they just take the gimmick and get their check and say ? it
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? dont want it no more, they just take the gimmick and get their check and say ? it

this.
  • RespectedGENlUS
    RespectedGENlUS Members Posts: 53
    Options
    Guys like the Rock and Stone Cold got over so big because they got to be themselves. The best "gimmicks" (Taker being the major exception) are virtually transparent. You don't think it's a gimmick, because it's just an exaggeration of the real person. Flair was really living all that ? he was talking. Stone Cold really is a tough, beer-drinking redneck. Rock is that charismatic. If WWE, ever wants that kind of star, they gotta let them pull the curtains back.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guys like the Rock and Stone Cold got over so big because they got to be themselves. The best "gimmicks" (Taker being the major exception) are virtually transparent. You don't think it's a gimmick, because it's just an exaggeration of the real person. Flair was really living all that ? he was talking. Stone Cold really is a tough, beer-drinking redneck. Rock is that charismatic. If WWE, ever wants that kind of star, they gotta let them pull the curtains back.

you not gon sit here and tell me that taker doesn't actually reap souls and lounge on them at death valley b
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options

Man I thought they was about to do that ? with CM Punk..... I don't know what the ? goin on now
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    they've been doin that with cm punk for the last 6 months at least, if not the last year and a half
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

word to JR, he said this on one of those legends of wrestling panel things....I dont watch wrestling anymore since back in the early 90's then for a bit during the wwf wcw war, but ya ? is stale....need guys like jake the snake who literally were their gimmick...million dollar man, bret hart, etc....what can ya do tho, sad thing is these guys now are getting paid crazy money compared to what the greats were back in the day