Bin Laden Dies
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm watching it now the torture scenes are off the chain
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leave all the political ? aside...and this was an awesome movie. Script was great, took the subject matter really seriously, kept the plot on track while still managing to make it entertaining and well paced. Acting was top notch from the entire cast.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie looks dope. i must check it.
  • CP203
    edited January 2013
    Options
    this movie makes me wanna learn how to torture people
  • rage
    Options
    I think whats important about those torture scenes is that physical torture isnt as effective as mental torture.
    Its always a good cop/bad cop type scenario. The torture is always preceded or followed up with something nice. And the key words they keep repeating is "You determine how I treat you Aman. You lie to me I hurt you" "You determine how I treat you"
  • CP203
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I think whats important about those torture scenes is that physical torture isnt as effective as mental torture.
    Its always a good cop/bad cop type scenario. The torture is always preceded or followed up with something nice. And the key words they keep repeating is "You determine how I treat you Aman. You lie to me I hurt you" "You determine how I treat you"

that chick maya is a beast as far as the intel goes and the scene where the dude was like its nature everyone eventually breaks when they where torturing him and then they were nice to him with food lol
  • CP203
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    Options

put it in a spoiler
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    they stuffed this ? in a box gotdamn!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After being fooled by jarhead,green zone, and Kingdom come Im not going to the movies to see this. This is a movie you watch on the laptop.

• atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2013
    Options
    After being fooled by jarhead,green zone, and Kingdom come Im not going to the movies to see this. This is a movie you watch on the laptop.
    i'm not a war movie person, but this movie is solid. it's definitely worth the money.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I streamed it but I did think it was a good movie. I wish they would have made some of the Seals bigger characters but I guess that's unimportant n
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I streamed it but I did think it was a good movie. I wish they would have made some of the Seals bigger characters but I guess that's unimportant n

Also they have little to no info on the seals and who they are, so any expansion of character would be completely inauthentic.
  • Will Munny
    Options
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurt Locker was madd good checking for this.
  • rage
    Options

that chick maya is a beast as far as the intel goes and the scene where the dude was like its nature everyone eventually breaks when they where torturing him and then they were nice to him with food lol

I also think they alluded to the fact that she was a Jane Bourne type bish before becoming an analyst.
  • CP203
    Options

I also think they alluded to the fact that she was a Jane Bourne type bish before becoming an analyst.

recruited outta high school i was like wtf and then she was on the mission for 12 yrs before getting him thats some dedication
  • Will Munny
    Options
    The way she acted during the torture scenes in the beginning leads be to believe she wasn't a Jason Bourne type. She wasn't a hard ass until later.
  • rage
    Options
    The way she acted during the torture scenes in the beginning leads be to believe she wasn't a Jason Bourne type. She wasn't a hard ass until later.

She was definitely an assassin, the CIA dude said she had a few bodies on her.
  • Will Munny
    Options
  • rage
    Options
    are u sure?

The CIA Station Chief in Pakistan says it in the movie "Washington says she's a killer"
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't watch it yet but the way yall make it sound the story is totally different from the one that came on history channel. Which was good for a straight to tv joint. Even had a handful of recognizable actors.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    are u sure?

The CIA Station Chief in Pakistan says it in the movie "Washington says she's a killer"

I heard that, but that phrase can mean alot of things. I'm not saying your wrong, I just feel like she was too shook the first two times she was with the dude interrogating.

I think the whole, "recruited out of high school" thing weighs on the side of her being assassin more than than "she's a killer"
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this movie is more of G. I. JOE movie, than G. I. JOE will be.