I really need a hug guys.

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in IllGaming
Pokemon X and Y Coming in October
Worldwide simultaneous release for the first ever 3D Pokemon games, coming to the 3DS in October.
by Keza MacDonald JANUARY 8, 2013

Nintendo has just announced Pokemon X and Y, two brand-new entries in the main Pokemon series coming to 3DS worldwide in October.

These are the first ever 3D entries in the main Pokemon series, built around the features of the 3DS hardware. A short video of the game was shown in a Nintendo Direct broadcast today, showing off three new starter Pokemon, colourful 3D environments and some old favourite monsters rendered in 3D.

The three new starter Pokemon are grass-type chipmunk-with-a-hat Chespin, fire-type foxy Fennekin and water-type frog-thing Froakie. This is massively exciting for anyone into Pokemon - we've been waiting fifteen years for a real 3D Pokemon adventure.

Iwata also announced that Pokemon X and Y will be coming to gamers worldwide at the same time - October 2013 - dispensing with the long localisation times that have traditionally gone hand-in-hand with the series. CEO of The Pokémon Company Tsunekazu Ishihara had this statement to make: "The worldwide launch of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y this October allows players to begin their adventures at the same time. Now, Pokémon fans across the globe can discover the secrets of Pokémon games and can collect, battle, and trade with each other immediately."

Series director Junichi Masuda, meanwhile, said: "We brought Pokémon into an entirely new dimension and we’re incredibly excited to bring Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to fans. The stunning visuals, a completely redesigned environment, game scenario, music, and communication features will bring smiles to the faces of video game players around the world."

Have a peek at the announcement video below (and then feel free to spend the rest of the day smiling.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfclgYT7h-A

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hacked?

LOL. Sort of. The thread title was originally "...and the Vita officially dies". Someone caught feelings and changed it. LMAO. I could change it back, but this is even better. LOL.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Looks good. I would cop if I was still into handhelds & Pokemon.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? @ the thread title.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Dayum this looks dope as ? . The starters look good, I like how they have it where it's a bit more interactive like how ? was jumping thru vines and traps. Definitely coppin.

So you saying Nintendo finally did something new and fresh with their franchise? The world must have ended.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint played a handheld game or a pokemon game since Gameboy Color.

And pokemon yellow.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? looks dope, might cop, but ? they gotta lotta Pokemon, 754 of these ? plus however many they put in this new one
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally but the ? is up with these wack ass starting pokemon?
  • focus
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Sion. wrote: »
    Dayum this looks dope as ? . The starters look good, I like how they have it where it's a bit more interactive like how ? was jumping thru vines and traps. Definitely coppin.

So you saying Nintendo finally did something new and fresh with their franchise? The world must have ended.

Yea. Pokemon is the first ever Nintendo franchise to go from 2D to 3D.

Idiot.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL damn is it really 754 pokemon now?
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Lil bro has a 3DS so I'm sure he'll get it & I'm sure I'll check it out lol.

I bought Heartgold for the simple fact that Gold was/is one of my All-Time favorite games.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

how do they expect ? to CATCH EM ALL?!

and they need to just end this, and the tv show. its the same ? different day.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

Look at the first day, ? the overall sales every time they release a new Pokemon game; ? is a cash cow. As long as it keeps doing numbers, the ? won't end. It's the same ? , but Nintendo the GOAT at having longevity for their iconic characters/games. These old ass franchises continue to sell multi-million units each release; How? I have no idea lol.
  • focus
    Options

Look at the first day, ? the overall sales every time they release a new Pokemon game; ? is a cash cow. As long as it keeps doing numbers, the ? won't end. It's the same ? , but Nintendo the GOAT at having longevity for their iconic characters/games. These old ass franchises continue to sell multi-million units each release; How? I have no idea lol.

Because Nintendo understands that there are always new customers cause there are always new ? being born. Just because we grew up with Mario and Pokemon doesn't mean future generations can't too.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Because Nintendo understands that there are always new customers cause there are always new ? being born. Just because we grew up with Mario and Pokemon doesn't mean future generations can't too.

Probably be the first and only time I'm gonna co-sign Focus
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now I'm gonna go listen to some Justin Bieber and One Direction
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    LOL focus is so emotional
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Now I'm gonna go listen to some Justin Bieber, One Direction, and shenco

dont do it bruh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the show is still coming on? Ash aint a Pokemon master yet?
  • focus
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Probably be the first and only time I'm gonna co-sign Focus

You shouldn't co sign "people", you should co sign individual thoughts and opinions bruh.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2013
    Options

You shouldn't co sign "people", you should co sign individual thoughts and opinions bruh.
    individual thoughts and opinions in a thread where the first post is news copied from IGN.
  • focus
    Options

individual thoughts and opinions in a thread where the first post is news copied from IGN.

LOL. Point proven. Everyone posts news articles in every section of the IC. This is a forum, so this is obvious to everyone else...except this simple ? . For some reason, it's a problem when Focus do it. Why? Because Focus did it. LOL.
  • earth two superman
    Options

LOL. Point proven. Everyone posts news articles in every section of the IC. This is a forum, so this is obvious to everyone else...except this simple ? . For some reason, it's a problem when Focus do it. Why? Because Focus did it. LOL.

you're making a thread about being excited about pokemon focus. the only simple ? here is you.
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options

you're making a thread about being excited about pokemon focus. the only simple ? here is you.

LOL @ this ? thinking a handful of PS3 stans in the Arcade dictate the fate of the entire gaming landscape at large. Log the ? off every once and a while you dumb ? and watch this new Pokemon do critically and commercially in a hour what All Flops will never do in a lifetime. LOL.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    id be more impressed if they finally released a console pokemon game