Could Mark Hamil pull off the Joker in a live action batman film??

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw

we had a pretty big debate about this the other day, and I said if they ever wanna bring the joker back in a batman movie, they have no choice but to use mark hamil...

dudes a pretty good actor in his own regards... but the second that voice is on the big screen....all doubts and anxiety would fade away..

mad people feel that after heath ledger.. no one should ever try to play the joker again..and i was like ? ... if you watched batman animated series...or played the arkham games.. there should be no doubt that hamil can pull off the joker in a live action flick with no problems whatsoever...

it would just have to be an older aging version of batman...kinda like the direction nolan was going in anyways...

mark-hamill.jpg

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he was bit younger I think so...he already has the voice for it...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Dupac
    Options
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No, no, and again no. There is a reason why Hamil is a VOICE actor. This is why FANboys should have a very small and limited say in what goes on with feature films...they just arent very knowledgable about the process.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • nujerz84
    Options
    lol at Social Lounge Beef spreading to the Joker Thread...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the 80's maybe.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    No, no, and again no. There is a reason why Hamil is a VOICE actor. This is why FANboys should have a very small and limited say in what goes on with feature films...they just arent very knowledgable about the process.
    Word to Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine "too tall." ? what? lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Dupac
    Options

struck a nerve?

i mean you came off like hamil never did a film in front of the camera
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

i'd feel like such a geek if i took the bait... from you... sombody else type that ? so i can address it.

So what you're telling me is that you were in the theater watching X-men and suddenly just went, "Ugh, this cracka is too tall. I-I can't" *walks out of theater* is that what you telling me bro?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jim carrey joker
    sarah silverman harley quinn
    movie with alotta graphic violence
    id watch that
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    he'd be great in a Batman film set in the future like a live adaption of Dark Knight Returns or Batman Beyond
  • nujerz84
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    jim carrey joker
    id watch that

Jim Carrey already played The Riddler...

Sarah Silverman is ? busted and ? actress to play Harley Quinn...

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    jim carrey joker
    id watch that

Jim Carrey already played The Riddler...

Sarah Silverman is ? busted and ? actress to play Harley Quinn...

o really jim carrey already played the ridder?
    gtfoh batman forever doesnt count

imo jim carrey would be a great choice but it doesnt really matter because in the end its all about the director
    it could be the goat movie with no name actors if the director has it in him
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options

This has nothing to do with Hamil's age although it is a huge factor seeing as how Batman would look like a clown on screen fighting a ? 61 year old. It has everything to do with Hamill not being good enough an actor....let alone he's ? Luke Skywalker. You think ? just gonna forget the most typecast actor in the history of acting?

Oh and smack yourself if you thought Jackman is a believable Logan. Dude is an action hero...
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hugh jackman is too tall to play wolverine. i've always said that..
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw

we had a pretty big debate about this the other day, and I said if they ever wanna bring the joker back in a batman movie, they have no choice but to use mark hamil...

dudes a pretty good actor in his own regards... but the second that voice is on the big screen....all doubts and anxiety would fade away..

mad people feel that after heath ledger.. no one should ever try to play the joker again..and i was like ? ... if you watched batman animated series...or played the arkham games.. there should be no doubt that hamil can pull off the joker in a live action flick with no problems whatsoever...

it would just have to be an older aging version of batman...kinda like the direction nolan was going in anyways...

mark-hamill.jpg

@ 5:13 that ? says the heroes and the villians are so white and black. Racist ? ...
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

So you would prefer someone shorter who couldn't play the role as well as Jackman has? Y'all ? are some geeks to the umpteenth level. I remember someone made a thread talking about Kevin Conroy should play batman after Bale. Kevin ? Conroy. 57 year old Kevin Conroy? SMMFH
  • rage
    Options

It has nothing to do with height, it has to do with Hugh Jackman sucking as an actor.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he did a ? ton of voice acting though, scroll through his IMDb credits and you'll be surprised he's pretty much voice acted in every cartoon made since 1990, it takes a lot of talent to stack up credits like that.

as far as live roles he had an big role in the classic WWII film The Big Red One.. but besides that, yea not much else.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wondered how much Voice Actors got paid per show that they do