Randy Orton The Leader Of The Shield????

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator

Randy Orton Could Be Behind the Shield's Attacks on Ryback | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1480016-randy-orton-could-be-behind-the-shields-attacks-on-ryback?utm_source=teamstream&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tsandroid

The Shield debuted at WWE Survivor Series 2012 by attacking Ryback and securing that CM Punk retained the WWE Championship in a Triple Threat Match that also involved John Cena. While The Shield has targeted other superstars, their main focus has been on Ryback.

I wrote an article right here on Bleacher Report back on June 5, 2012 about how Ryback could be the guy to fill the void left by Randy Orton near the top of the card when Orton was suspended for a wellness violation.

Truth be told, I wasn't too far off in my prediction. I did see Ryback getting pushed to the moon earlier than he did, but it did take place in just a few short months. Since Randy Orton returned to WWE, he has been riddled with injuries and hasn't been a main focus in the World Heavyweight Championship picture.

Ryback has stepped up and become an easy top five babyface on the roster. He has somewhat taken the spot of Randy Orton in various WWE Championship situations.

Would Randy Orton consider this an injustice?

Is it possible that Randy Orton could in fact be the leader of The Shield? With rumors of a heel turn in the future and consistent denials coming from CM Punk and Paul Heyman of involvement, could Randy Orton be the one pulling the strings?

Randy Orton was the leader of a vastly successful group towards the end of 2008 and the duration of 2009 called "Legacy." He is a natural-born leader and works well with a stable of superstars backing him up.

When he was the leader of Legacy, he was on top of the world in WWE. He was the WWE Champion and achieved the largest amount of success in his career. 

That success naturally turned him into a fan favorite and he rose in popularity. However, it has been years and his character has not changed. He has played second fiddle to John Cena the entire time and when CM Punk was a good guy, he was arguably the third most popular superstar on the roster.

This is the perfect opportunity to get Randy Orton on the other side of the fence and to lead a gang of mercenaries.

This theory is something that I have thought a great deal about and could make for some interesting television. We all realize that Randy Orton needs something fresh and new to shake up his character. I'd like to believe that WWE feels the same way.

Here are some scenarios that could possibly indicate that Randy Orton has an unspoken vendetta against Ryback: 

Like I mentioned earlier, when Randy Orton was out with injury, Ryback stepped up on Smackdown and got over in the process. His catchphrase and animalistic intensity is something that the crowd has gotten into. 

Meanwhile, Randy Orton spent the majority of the summer and fall in the mid card feuding with Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.

The Shield has done an impressive job making everyone believe that they're acting on their own. It is also way too obvious that they would be aligned with CM Punk. WWE often likes to throw curveballs at the WWE Universe from time to time, and this could be the perfect situation for one.

We are all begging for a Randy Orton heel turn. He is much more entertaining as a heel and with Alberto Del Rio recently turning face, another high-profile heel is needed to fill his void.

A feud between Sheamus and Randy Orton seems to be looming. With a WrestleMania in the future and a lack of solid heels on the roster, don't be surprised to see Sheamus and Orton clash at the huge event. Furthermore, if my theory is correct, don't be surprised to see a possible battle between Orton and Ryback. 

This is all purely speculation, but the table has been set for a swerve with the story between The Shield and Ryback. It has been the same thing week in and week out. When will Ryback get his ultimate revenge? 

An investigation by Vince McMahon is underway into just who is behind The Shield. With WWE turning up the heat on this year's "Road to WrestleMania", I fully expect to see a lot of shocking revelations heading into the huge event. 

If Randy Orton is revealed as the leader of The Shield, it could send shockwaves throughout the WWE roster and rejuvenate his slumping career.

Comments