WHAT THE FLIP IS THIS SHIIIIIIIT?!?!?!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
edited January 2013 in AKA Donkey
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spider had a damned parasitic worm??? ? that spray dawg, better turn that spray can into a flame thrower!
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats your house?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was pretty terrifying...
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's called a boss
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    LOL @ A spider getting a parasitic worm.

What an idiot.

But yeh, spiders fall victim to parasitic worms and wasps all the time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing a flame and hairspray won't fix.
  • Gold_Certificate
    edited January 2013
    Options
    SMH @ The amount of spray used there.

Whatever the terrestrial invertebrate, I just scoop those ? up with a napkin.

None of them are stronger than the human hand.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how you expect to survive a zombie apocalypse if you can't face that? you're gonna scream like a little girl when you blow a zombie's head off and one of those come flying out
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Friendly reminder:
    PARIS — Tarantula lovers be warned: if you are going to get up-close-and-personal with your hairy eight-legged friend, do it from the other side of an aquarium pane or wearing a pair of glasses.

That's a lesson that a 29-year-old man from Leeds in Britain learned the hard way, the British medical journal The Lancet reported Thursday.

In February of 2009, the man turned up at St James's University Hospital in Leeds after three weeks of stinging pain in one eye, which had become red, watery and light-sensitive.

Doctors prescribed antibiotics, assuming he was afflicted with a particularly stubborn case of conjunctivitis, but the treatment did not relieve the symptoms.

When they re-examined the patient with high-magnification lenses, doctors spotted ultra-thin, hair-like projections sticking into the cornea. They were so small that even microforceps could not remove them.

That's when the man recalled a close encounter with his pet spider shortly before his eye first became irritated.

While cleaning a stubborn stain on the glass tank that was home to his Chilean Rose tarantula, he turned his head to find the fist-sized arachnid very nearby.

The spider released a "mist of hairs" which hit his eye and face, according the journal.

Treatment with topical steroids largely cleared his symptoms, but as late as August he continued to complain of mild discomfort.

"As a defence mechanism against potential predators, the tarantula will rub its hind legs against its abdomen to dislodge" special hairs from the back of its body, the study explained.

"Multiple barbs allow the hairs to migrate through ocular tissue as well as other surfaces."

Moral of the story? "We suggest that tarantula keepers be advised to routinely wear eye protection when handling these animals," it concluded.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how you expect to survive a zombie apocalypse if you can't face that? you're gonna scream like a little girl when you blow a zombie's head off and one of those come flying out

you own weezer CD's...

lol nah. what's that gotta do with anything spiderman?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I had something similar happen with a horsefly(don't know if that is the actual name, just know that it was a big ass fly)

It was flying around all sluggish, and was an easy skill. (I smashed it with a folder) Then, I noticed its guts were moving, upon closer observation, the guts turned out to be tiny little white worms. At first I thought they could be fly maggots, but maggots hatch from eggs, unless its possible for the eggs to develop and hatch inside the fly.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf!?! That bastard woulda been squished.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    looks like lo mein to me images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlHo50BZ5GjJrZqPU4C-lEFGmq7RCipOAyLTUCdxxAOc5MguM6GlBUrQ
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    We need this ? remixed with a "Damn nature! You scary." voice over:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45xj38z4pI
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Speaking of wasp, sometimes it seems those ? are immortal.

One time I pinned one against the window with a folder (I always have a folder on hand), felt around for the bump, pushed until I heard a crunch, pulled back expecting to see a mess, but the ? flew up and came at me like nothing happened. (aside from me assaulting him)
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    If there were a way I could acquire these worm laced spiders, the outcome would be hilarious.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First i'd just like to say never go to @BoldChild place cuz ? has all kids of dangerous critters roaming about and if it wasnt for his deadly folder i dont think he would be with us today.

As for that spider it was infected by a Mermithid Worm and heres a lil about it
    “Mermithid worms are internal parasites whose infective larvae enter spiders directly or via ingested food. Once inside the spider, the tiny worm obtains nourishment from it’s hosts body fluids, digestive glands, ? (‘parasitic castration’) and muscles. As a consequence the spider becomes progressively more debilitated, but doesn’t actually die. This is because the spider’s vital organs usually remain intact, even though all of the abdomen, and occasionally part of the cephalothorax, may be filled with worm coils. Eventually in a scene reminiscent of the movie “Alien”, the gorged worm bursts out of the body of the debilitated spider, which finally dies after this macabre event. Before it dies, however the spider often has to perform one more task for it’s deadly parasite. In some mermithids, the final free-living stage of the worm is aquatic, so that it is advantageous for the worm if its emergence can take place near a water body – a pond, a creek or puddle. To increase this likelihood, such worms seem able to induce their hapless hosts to seek water, spiders sometimes actually walking into the water before the worm emerges. This behavior may result from thirst-induced activity as the worm consumes the spider’s body fluids. Whatever the reason, there is no doubt that the spider’s water seeking behavior helps to ensure the parasite’s survival and propagation.”
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I already told yall that ? Jamel is zombie fodder b, zombie fodder.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol did that classic grab random bathroom spray/cleaner n wet a bug up
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    First i'd just like to say never go to @BoldChild place cuz ? has all kids of dangerous critters roaming about and if it wasnt for his deadly folder i dont think he would be with us today.

As for that spider it was infected by a Mermithid Worm and heres a lil about it
    “Mermithid worms are internal parasites whose infective larvae enter spiders directly or via ingested food. Once inside the spider, the tiny worm obtains nourishment from it’s hosts body fluids, digestive glands, ? (‘parasitic castration’) and muscles. As a consequence the spider becomes progressively more debilitated, but doesn’t actually die. This is because the spider’s vital organs usually remain intact, even though all of the abdomen, and occasionally part of the cephalothorax, may be filled with worm coils. Eventually in a scene reminiscent of the movie “Alien”, the gorged worm bursts out of the body of the debilitated spider, which finally dies after this macabre event. Before it dies, however the spider often has to perform one more task for it’s deadly parasite. In some mermithids, the final free-living stage of the worm is aquatic, so that it is advantageous for the worm if its emergence can take place near a water body – a pond, a creek or puddle. To increase this likelihood, such worms seem able to induce their hapless hosts to seek water, spiders sometimes actually walking into the water before the worm emerges. This behavior may result from thirst-induced activity as the worm consumes the spider’s body fluids. Whatever the reason, there is no doubt that the spider’s water seeking behavior helps to ensure the parasite’s survival and propagation.”

A Bugs life.