Game of Thrones (Season 3) - HBO

Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not clear.. or even ground breaking but official..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IROttk7ufUM
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the next season. After reading the books, I believe it should be good. I am curious to see how closely they follow the books though. The show has already started to depart from the source material in some pretty significant ways, but nothing they can't recover from if they choose to keep the too close.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard that there is certain ? , they cant follow, cuz audiences wouldn't believe it.
    Sorta like the movie "Troy" couldn't follow the books because at certain points, we wouldn't buy Gods in battle.
    Iono, I just hope they keep this ? trill. I aint read them books.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    I heard that there is certain ? , they cant follow, cuz audiences wouldn't believe it.
    Sorta like the movie "Troy" couldn't follow the books because at certain points, we wouldn't buy Gods in battle.

Hmmm I don't know about that. I'm only on the fifth book, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. Magic does start to trickle into the book a little more, but it's nothing that would be unbelievable. As far as fantasies go, this one is pretty grounded in realism.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Homie the very first scene of this show addressed all three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhonEowCBUw
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Homie the very first scene of this show addressed all three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhonEowCBUw

That's what I'm saying. Yeah, the majority of the stuff that happens in the show is fairly realistic, but there has been a lot of stuff that isn't. Just off the top of my head:

Wights
    Others
    Wargs
    Wizards
    Giants
    Dragons
    Shadow Monsters
    Resurrections
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait for this season. They bout to get all supernatural and ? , I love that ? . ? bout to go full lord of the rings!!!!
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just reread the whole series cant wait for next season. When I first read the books in 2007 I was telling my bro they should make it into a movie im glad that hbo picked it up. I just hope that they stay with the source material. Im hearong some strange rumors.
    They wont ? joffrey off
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Just reread the whole series cant wait for next season. When I first read the books in 2007 I was telling my bro they should make it into a movie im glad that hbo picked it up. I just hope that they stay with the source material. Im hearong some strange rumors.
    They wont ? joffrey off

I would quit watching the show at that point.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i was watching all last season waiting for that part, ill stop watching. I almost stopped watching because of how this series demasculates black males, aka grey-worming. I was on a GoT forum when it was brought up...

and its kinda ? up
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They wont ? joffrey off

Yea I'd be done with the show if they ? that ? up. They need to make all the Starks wargs....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    They wont ? joffrey off

Man, I'd be ? if that happened for real. I don't know if I'd quit the show, but nah that's a change they can't make.
    yea i was watching all last season waiting for that part, ill stop watching. I almost stopped watching because of how this series demasculates black males, aka grey-worming. I was on a GoT forum when it was brought up...

and its kinda ? up

I'm not really sure how anyone can say the show demasculates black males. We've only really encountered 3. One was a pirate. One was a merchant. One is a ? warrior. None of them were effeminate or lacked masculinity even the Gray Worm. Varys is a ? too and look at the difference between how the two behave.
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    smmfh @ some rumor-mongering-ass folks. GRRM himself wrote the episode where the thang you book readers are afraid won't happen, will go the ? down. I won't even say the name or nothin' else, it's all out there for those who be fool enough ta ? spoiled.

And I'll throw you the bit that Mr. Neil "Blackwater/"Descent"/"Centurion/Dog Soldiers" Marshall is returning as director for that critical episode #9.

Stock the ? up on them Dornish Reds my ? . The ? of ? and Wine demands it.

got-game-of-thrones-34521094-500-231.gif
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They wont ? joffrey off

Man, I'd be ? if that happened for real. I don't know if I'd quit the show, but nah that's a change they can't make.

and its kinda ? up

I'm not really sure how anyone can say the show demasculates black males. We've only really encountered 3. One was a pirate. One was a merchant. One is a ? warrior. None of them were effeminate or lacked masculinity even the Gray Worm. Varys is a ? too and look at the difference between how the two behave.

im gonna return later and break it down for you hold that thought
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starting tonight, HBO will be showing season 3
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^That last number needs to be 4
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    They wont ? joffrey off

and its kinda ? up

im gonna return later and break it down for you hold that thought

Well...

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgot about commander Mormont getting the axe. That ? hurt back then and it hurts seeing it again today
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BREAKING: Game of Thrones Season 4 premieres April 6 at 9PM and the first trailer will air this Sunday at 8:58PM ET on HBO before True Detective.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• alligatorhalfman
    Options
    By the ol' ? Gods and Earths and the New Jacks, somebody start da cotdamn season 4 thread in this mufugga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ih3WsEKmID0
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    trillizm wrote: »

lol @ there being trailers for trailers now.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm always late to ? . Just started watching game of thrones today.
  • alligatorhalfman
    Options
    This is the ONLY show where they can get away with trailers for trailers and they did it last year too. At least this time they saved the hype for an actual full trailer and not just some title with a little voiceover teaser. That ? is corny.