Would you ever see a super VILLAIN movie?

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
If so, who?

Personally, I'm sure a Luthor movie would be the ? . But the Man of Steel is about to drop, so ? that plan for at least five years.

Comments

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? yeah, It has to be done right though
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no pg 13 ? show them why there such a super villain then yeah
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lex luthor? hell no but other villans yea
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Would be dope before people do spiderman the remake of the remake
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been saying for years that I want to see more movie where antagonists win. I am ? tired of the hero always winning. I wanna see those ? lose occasionally.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luthor was just a name thrown out there cause of his popularity amongst super-villains.

Honestly, after seeing the Dark Knight, I think a Harvey Dent/Two-Face could be GOLD.

Other villains I think would make a great solo backstory (with a superhero or two mixed in)

Magento
    Mr. Freeze
    The Kingpin
    The Red Skull
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I have been saying for years that I want to see more movie where antagonists win. I am ? tired of the hero always winning. I wanna see those ? lose occasionally.

All the best TV shows out are anti heroes.Tony Soprano,Boardwalk,The Wire characters,breaking bad,Dexter etc etc

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soon as I read the Joker (the graphic novel) I said to myself, "Fam...they need to make a movie outta this"
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "There is no stopping the apocalypse”!! Apocalypse movie full of quotables >
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you can get the audience to root for the bad guy you're a bad mufucka IMO

Riddick and Scarface are the main ones I can think of right now
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr doom could work
    black adam
    harley quinn(if done correctly))
    venom(already got his own movie)
    thunderbolts as a group
    Doomsday(before he got to earth)
    Lobo

thats it
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

the hero has to win eventually in the end tho
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here yall go...

Despicable+Me+Gru+and+minions.jpg
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apocalypse, Black Adam, Lex Luthor, and Thanos--they have that multi-tier concrete ? that can sell: love, loss, regret, power, etc. with enough special effect worthy stuff to catch the popcorn dollars. Lex might be hurt because Smallville essentially spent 10 years developing his character at the sake of everyone else's, but he's still a candidate.

Everybody loves The Joker for the random ? , but a movie about him would be GOAT if the director just gave him an origin and stuck to it. The temptation to write a moving story about the character and then throw the ? Inception is the story true or false cliffhanger is too tempting to resist, as every comic for the last 20 years has shown us, which would make it WOAT.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Wanted was but they changed to the plot slightly
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Itd be dope if a hero had a trilogy of movies, and atleast one of those movies did not end on a good note, like batman getting beat by the joker, then takes over gotham, 3rd movie would begin with gotham in total chaos and Batman finally having the ? to take on joker, who now has bane or scare crows help.

If its a single movie then i dont think villain winning is the greatest thing. If the movie is meant to be more than one i love seeing the villain win atleast one of those arcs.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A movie entirely from a villian's point of view would be great. So when the hero shows up he could be looked at as the villian. Hollywood aint capitalize on this yet. Im bout to write a screenplay and get paid
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hero has to try to stop him in the middle of the movie
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Black Adam and Captain Marvel could make a great movie
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? yeah, It has to be done right though

came in to say this

done right, that ? could be GOAT

What kind of batty man don't like a Good Villian
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A movie entirely from a villian's point of view would be great. So when the hero shows up he could be looked at as the villian. Hollywood aint capitalize on this yet. Im bout to write a screenplay and get paid

*adds ideas to get 20%
    Edit 30% royalties*
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That would be dope. Show that hero or villain is just a matter of perspective. The whole movie you rooting for this guy to win just to find out in the last 10 minutes you were rooting for the villain all along.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes

Not Luthor tho. Hell no, I've seen enuff of his muthafuckin bald headed ass. A Darkseid movie tho>>>>>>>>>
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos movie trying to court death...
    Joker/Harley Quinn movie would be good...

A Doom movie would be good too... Got to show him as a young Victor Vaughn tho...