NFL teams that need to rebuild in 2013

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Ravens - Ray Lewis gone, Ed Reed likely to retire as well, Haloti Ngata constantly injured, Bryant McKinnie close to retirement, Ray Rice losing some speed.

Broncos - They have a very young defense, but they will be searching for a new QB in a year or two. Peyton doesn't have much left. BIG TIME pretenders this year and it showed in the playoffs. Benefitted from a very soft schedule. Peyton couldn't get any velocity on his throws in last weeks game. He's done. Will start out strong next year, but a little bit of cold weather makes his ? crawl inside his body. Peyton could never play in December/January, but he seems even more weak after his neck surgeries.

Falcons - Tony Gonzalez will retire. Johnny Abraham will retire. Michael Turner, much like Ray Rice, is running on worn down legs. Front 7 looks very suspect.

Packers - Woodson will retire. Donald Driver retiring. Greg Jennings leaving in FA. James Jones overrated as hell. Still need a RB. Entire defense needs to be rebuilt. Let AP and Kaepernick run alllllll over them in 2012. BJ Raji is not who we thought he was. Clay Mathews just a one trick pony. OLine is nothing special.

Steelers - Losing Mike Wallace in FA. Casey Hampton might retire and will be very hard to replace. Still haven't replaced Aaron Smith, and Ziggy Hood is a bust. OLine still needs some work. Mendenhall is only decent, and Rainey has been released. Former DPOY James Harrison and Troy Polamalu are constantly injured. Ike Taylor like 45 years old now.

Jets - Cant believe they didn't fire Rex Ryan. Missed out on some good HC candidates, although no one wouldve wanted the Jets HC job anyways. Desperately searching for a new GM, even calling back people that already turned them down. Sanchez has degreased since the infamous Buttfumble. ? fan Fireman Ed retired, and long time special teams coach has left after consistently putting out some of the best special teams for NYJ. Don't have any proven RB or WR. Everyone on defense will be a year older, with another year of wear and tear. Don't have many young studs ready to step in and take over. This team is a mess.

Goes without Saying: Eagles, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, all the other ? teams...

Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    losing mike wallace wont hurt us and we need a backup qb
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaguars - a QB, RB, WR, OL, LB, CB, SS, and a FS
    Titans - retool their defense
    Eagles - an offensive line, and a younger franchise quarterback
    Browns - need a go to receiver, quarterback, tight end, younger linebackers, more players for their secondary corp
    Bills - need a young quarterback
    Dolphins - rebuild their defense, need a running back who can run up the middle, need a go to receiver
    Steelers - retool that defense
    Cowboys - need better pass protection
    Panthers - need a wide receiver for the future and retool their secondary
    Rams - need a running back for the future, a go to receiver
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It can be argued that any team that doesnt win the Superbowl has rebuilding to do in some shape or form.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broncos got the least holes they good to go
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont know if he is needed but i want the falcons to get AJ johnson from UT. (My cousin) Even if he has to play with his hand(s) on the ground. he cant come out until after next season anyway.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was a woah thread.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »

It pretty much is since it's a ? thread from a trash poster.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woah316 & Kingofdaarcade are in a epic battle the last few months.

Photo finish out chea.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It pretty much is since it's a ? thread from a trash poster.

Photo finish out chea.

These posts sum up what I was thinking

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Photo finish out chea.

we might need to get a poll up to see who makes the worst thread. I think this thread might be the worst of the year on the entire site
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say Oakland but we just need a couple of pieces and a good OC

Greg Knapp killed us with ZBS before we ran a PBS where Mcfadden excelled at. We where a top 10 offense before Knapp came and crushed the buildings..

For Oakland we have 3 FA's on the OL who will be gone and replaced
    We also need some DB's and DT since Seymour and maybe Kelly will be gone
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Just read the OP.....

so Ravens/Broncos/Falcons and Packers need to rebuild? lmao

all 4 are play off teams and 2 are competing to play in the superbowl... WOAT THREAD
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

The WR and RB positions are fine and don't require any changes. Defense needs a lot of work. Pass rush was weak/non existent last season. Still having trouble racking up sacks. Only 20 last season. With all that said I still got faith in our D-linemen to improve and get the job done next season. The secondary needs to be retooled. They give up too many big plays and get burnt too often. I'm guessing that this will be Rashean Mathis last season with the Jags. Dude is up there in age and is liable to give up huge chunks of yards.
  • infamous114
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

The WR and RB positions are fine and don't require any changes. Defense needs a lot of work. Pass rush was weak/non existent last season. Still having trouble racking up sacks. Only 20 last season. With all that said I still got faith in our D-linemen to improve and get the job done next season. The secondary needs to be retooled. They give up too many big plays and get burnt too often. I'm guessing that this will be Rashean Mathis last season with the Jags. Dude is up there in age and is liable to give up huge chunks of yards.

Wouldn't be surprised if yall draft Werner from FSU...defensive end.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wouldn't be surprised if yall draft Werner from FSU...defensive end.

Best player available for the 2nd pick overall?
  • infamous114
    Options
    Eh probably not, but it seems like in mock drafts, yall might take the DE from Texas A&M.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Jets - Cant believe they didn't fire Rex Ryan. Missed out on some good HC candidates, although no one wouldve wanted the Jets HC job anyways. Desperately searching for a new GM, even calling back people that already turned them down. Sanchez has degreased since the infamous Buttfumble. ? fan Fireman Ed retired, and long time special teams coach has left after consistently putting out some of the best special teams for NYJ. Don't have any proven RB or WR. Everyone on defense will be a year older, with another year of wear and tear. Don't have many young studs ready to step in and take over. This team is a mess.

my team is mess. but it is fixable.
    1st we need to bring in a GM that is on board with Rex 100% (duh).
    Then we need to work out our cap situation. I've heard that we doin mass cuts. Pace, Jason Smith, Eric Smith and Bart Scott. will all be gone. I'd also cut Bryan Thomas. and most of those duds we got at WR. and dont resign Dustin Miller.
    We are on the hook for 8mill to Sanchez. So I guess he'll be back. sad to to say.
    Need to draft a pass rusher, wide out, a free safety and add depth to the o line.
    Who ever is the QB, he needs weapons. JerMichael Finley and Mike Wallace will both be free agents. If the cap can be worked out, need to make a run @ them. along with other Offensive play makers who might become free agents.
    And resign Laron Landry.

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I lost faith in Jennings after this past season so a capable backup to him is needed. We do need at least 2 new guys along the OL so Lewis won't have to block as much. As far as the D-Line, they're a little on the young side (outside of Babin and Mincey) but I do like the Moore from A&M pick mainly because of lack of safer options. A QB anywhere between Rd's 2-4 plus and I agree a CB and LB worth starting would help
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Just read the OP.....

all 4 are play off teams and 2 are competing to play in the superbowl... WOAT THREAD

Damn Menace, you must suffer from euthanasia. Obsessed with dead ? .

Aaliyah, Pac, Sinatra, Lakers, Raiders, etc.

That ain't healthy bruh.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Then we need to work out our cap situation. I've heard that we doin mass cuts. Pace, Jason Smith, Eric Smith and Bart Scott. will all be gone. I'd also cut Bryan Thomas. and most of those duds we got at WR. and dont resign Dustin Miller.
    We are on the hook for 8mill to Sanchez. So I guess he'll be back. sad to to say.
    Need to draft a pass rusher, wide out, a free safety and add depth to the o line.
    Who ever is the QB, he needs weapons. JerMichael Finley and Mike Wallace will both be free agents. If the cap can be worked out, need to make a run @ them. along with other Offensive play makers who might become free agents.
    And resign Laron Landry.

I don't think we can sign those players even if we wanted to. IMO our receiving corp (if healthy and if Braylon is re-signed since he'll be cheap) could be solid in '13. Holmes, Edwards, Hill and Kerley is a solid group. We need to add some youth and speed to our LB corp, we need a pass rusher and depth in the o line. I would use the draft to accomplish that. As for QB I would go after either Matt Moore, Alex Smith or Michael Vick to be a placeholder while we develop our next long term QB (drafted in '14) I think LaRon Landry is a priority he needs to be re-signed, and Keller should be back for the right price. Also as much as most Jets fans don't like this idea, but Revis should be placed on the trade block to see what can be had for him. It doesn't make sense to invest that much money in the CB position between Revis and Cromartie. You know Revis WILL holdout again.

• _Menace_
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Just read the OP.....

Damn Menace, you must suffer from euthanasia. Obsessed with dead ? .

Aaliyah, Pac, Sinatra, Lakers, Raiders, etc.

That ain't healthy bruh.

1M9TNTU3JTNRNTsnTS8vPz6nSKy3WT0srLc1O1E_KTyxK0S8u0M_MTUxP1Tc0NjHQNzEG0ybG5qZmpqYGJgA.gif
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

And resign Laron Landry.

I don't think we can sign those players even if we wanted to. IMO our receiving corp (if healthy and if Braylon is re-signed since he'll be cheap) could be solid in '13. Holmes, Edwards, Hill and Kerley is a solid group. We need to add some youth and speed to our LB corp, we need a pass rusher and depth in the o line. I would use the draft to accomplish that. As for QB I would go after either Matt Moore, Alex Smith or Michael Vick to be a placeholder while we develop our next long term QB (drafted in '14) I think LaRon Landry is a priority he needs to be re-signed, and Keller should be back for the right price. Also as much as most Jets fans don't like this idea, but Revis should be placed on the trade block to see what can be had for him. It doesn't make sense to invest that much money in the CB position between Revis and Cromartie. You know Revis WILL holdout again.

imo. Braylon is well past his prime. Holmes is coming off injury. and Hill, the jury is still out on him. but dude might have the worst hands in the league for a WR. Kerley is the ONLY sure thing we have @ wide out. Keller was hurt all last year. but Finley would be a upgrade.

i agree we need to add speed n youth to LB's. thats why I say cut Thomas, Pace n Scott. build around Harris and DeMario Davis. need to draft a OLB maybe a Khaseem Greene or Arthur Brown.

of the 3 qbs u listed. Smith makes the most sense to me. but he needs weapons. bringin him in to play with these skill players we already have wont work.

and about puttin Revis on the trade block. I dont kno bout that. if we can bring in a above average free safety. resign Landry and pair them with Revis/Cromartie. could easily be a top 3 secondary in the league.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

And resign Laron Landry.

imo. Braylon is well past his prime. Holmes is coming off injury. and Hill, the jury is still out on him. but dude might have the worst hands in the league for a WR. Kerley is the ONLY sure thing we have @ wide out. Keller was hurt all last year. but Finley would be a upgrade.

i agree we need to add speed n youth to LB's. thats why I say cut Thomas, Pace n Scott. build around Harris and DeMario Davis. need to draft a OLB maybe a Khaseem Greene or Arthur Brown.

of the 3 qbs u listed. Smith makes the most sense to me. but he needs weapons. bringin him in to play with these skill players we already have wont work.

and about puttin Revis on the trade block. I dont kno bout that. if we can bring in a above average free safety. resign Landry and pair them with Revis/Cromartie. could easily be a top 3 secondary in the league.

Braylon showed in 3 games that he has something left and he's only 30. Holmes is good when healthy hopefully he can stay that way. Hopefully Hill will improve but he did show signs this past season. I can see them cutting Thomas, Pace, Scott, E Smith, J Smith, Moore to help make cap room.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And resign Laron Landry.

I think we should let Bryan Thomas go Garrett McIntyre showed some flashes. As far as dealing Revis, I'd listen but wouldn't make that move unless it was something extraordinary.