Manti Te'os dead girlfriend story a hoax notre Lame catches another L

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    saw that ? on twitter i was like

5yvj8o.gif
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited January 2013
    Options
    saw that ? on twitter i was like

5yvj8o.gif

yeah i just found out from my dad and had that same look.....his whole viability to be as high in the draft projections as he is is based off his charachter cause lets be honest shutting down pittsburgh and vaderbuilts offense isn't as impressive as a full SEC season and he ? around with bama and got smoked by their superior offense.

so if this does turn out to be true you can kiss the whole "character" aspect boosting up your draft status lol
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    quote:
    Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
    University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    o ? , this could get ugly.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The South Bend Tribune wrote an article describing the young couple's fairytale meeting—she, a Stanford student; he, a Notre Dame star—after a football game outside Palo Alto.

Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

It was around this time that Te'o's Heisman campaign began in earnest, aided in part by the South Bend Tribune.

Self Ether^^^^^
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. Unbelievable. Either this guy is an idiot and got catfished, or he was in on it. Or, he is ? and trying to cover up the relationship with that other guy in the story. Every award he won should have went to Clowney.

I think this is it.

Only logical choice for one spurning USC for ND.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that statement by ND is embarrassing... well if we weren't a joke after Alabama embarrassed us we sure are now
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    Wow. Unbelievable. Either this guy is an idiot and got catfished, or he was in on it. Or, he is ? and trying to cover up the relationship with that other guy in the story. Every award he won should have went to Clowney.

I think this is it.

Only logical choice for one spurning USC for ND.

not really same sex marriage is legal in cali and notre dame is a catholic school .....okay maybe the catholic school thing doesn't help my case. but lol usc had a worse record than penn state yall ? lost more than ND this year too hahaha
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My opinion: He wanted the publicity so he could potentially get sponsorship after school, or he's ? like Malice said
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. Unbelievable. Either this guy is an idiot and got catfished, or he was in on it. Or, he is ? and trying to cover up the relationship with that other guy in the story. Every award he won should have went to Jarvis.

Fixed and co-sign

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Michael_Malice
    that's what i was thinking also. was te'o on the DL? and now trying to cover his ass? nh...
  • Gooner
    Options
    lmao ? ? u ? on the ic love some ? ? ... a few ppl who go to ND told me while this ? was going on that they didnt know he had a gf but if he did then hes def cheating on her...so i never bought the sad act and ? but didnt think it was made up either
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn te'o...it was all just just a few weeks ago.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ Manti Lie'o...
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    lmao ? ? u ? on the ic love some ? ? ... a few ppl who go to ND told me while this ? was going on that they didnt know he had a gf but if he did then hes def cheating on her...so i never bought the sad act and ? but didnt think it was made up either

Its not just on the iC. That ? theory is making its rounds right now. Who ? knows. He already lied, whose to say he isn't a Butt Pirate?
  • Gooner
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

Its not just on the iC. That ? theory is making its rounds right now. Who ? knows. He already lied, whose to say he isn't a Butt Pirate?
    he cud be but im just telling you wat ive heard...he has chicks on campus

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao why do this? You're a college football star. You can pick any ? you want and come with this fake ? .

• Gooner
    Options
    ND foolishly released that statement way too early should have investigated for themselves before siding w Te'o...hes gonna make them look stupid
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
     RT @TheBigLead: Manti claimed to have met her. He claimed vacationed with her, per another story. What did he say to ND when it asked these questions???
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

@Niebuhr247: To me, girlfriend story still more believable than 2 missed tackles all year story. STILL