Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

Options

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    ? of War games only worth 1 playthrough and has the worst combat system of the three: DMC/Baoyonetta, NG, GOW
    Well, I usually playthough them twice, once on hard, and then again on the hardest difficulty (which is still easy) to get trophies and such, but co-sign the rest. I'm not gonna say the combat is wack, but compared to those other games, it's extremely lacking. Matter of fact, Darksiders 2 might even be better combat-wise than ? of War. I still ? with the franchise tho.

I agree that the other games have deeper combo systems but they lack in every other aspects of gaming.Dante is a cheesy character and Beyonetta is a lame character and all of them minus Darksiders only have combat to focus on.Besides NG3 was trash and both it and Beyonetta as well as Darksiders show.obvious influence from GOW.

Bayonetta took influence from DMC for reason funkdoc mentioned. Jaffe said that he was influenced by DMC when he made the first GOW. NG3 nothing like GOW either, if anything it more dead or alive. I give GOW the edge in graphic, story and overall epicness but combat is basically square square triangle, dodge and repeat. Never felt the need to use any other weapon beside the chaos blades
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ ? being frustrated with two geckos ? wasnt that hard.....yo I ? with this ? heavy after playing the demo
    Yeah, you're right, because I quit the demo because it was hard....oh, wait, I never said it. ? was just wack. If I beat the first Gecko with ease, why would two be hard? I didn't like it after fighting the first three cyborgs. No dodge system, combat was wack, enemies were dumb as hell, ? was just trash. I was just tryna finish the demo, but I couldn't do it. lol @ ? getting mad because you don't like ? ass games.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ ? being frustrated with two geckos ? wasnt that hard.....yo I ? with this ? heavy after playing the demo
    Yeah, you're right, because I quit the demo because it was hard....oh, wait, I never said it. ? was just wack. If I beat the first Gecko with ease, why would two be hard? I didn't like it after fighting the first three cyborgs. No dodge system, combat was wack, enemies were dumb as hell, ? was just trash. I was just tryna finish the demo, but I couldn't do it. lol @ ? getting mad because you don't like ? ass games.

you baiscally agreed with vaas when he said "oh I quit after they made me fight two more geckos after beating one" like that ? was too much for you lol if you knew you wasnt gonna like the game then why did you take the time to download the demo and play it? lol ? with excuses.......yo ? was tight and I'm coppin when it drops
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

you baiscally agreed with vaas when he said "oh I quit after they made me fight two more geckos after beating one" like that ? was too much for you lol if you knew you wasnt gonna like the game then why did you take the time to download the demo and play it? lol ? with excuses.......yo ? was tight and I'm coppin when it drops

I never said the game WAS wack, I said it LOOKED wack. The point of downloading the demo was to see how the game ACTUALLY played; I know that might make too much sense for dumb ? though. Looks can be deceiving, I can't say something IS trash that I never played. I played it, didn't like it, end of story. You coppin?....good for you, have fun with it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never said the game WAS wack, I said it LOOKED wack. The point of downloading the demo was to see how the game ACTUALLY played; I know that might make too much sense for dumb ? though. Looks can be deceiving, I can't say something IS trash that I never played. I played it, didn't like it, end of story. You coppin?....good for you, have fun with it.

it looks wack but you still played the demo....that's like saying oh that food looks nasty but I'll eat it anyway.....lol simple minded ?
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

it looks wack but you still played the demo....that's like saying oh that food looks nasty but I'll eat it anyway.....lol simple minded ?

The irony of this post.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    ? of War games only worth 1 playthrough and has the worst combat system of the three: DMC/Baoyonetta, NG, GOW
    Well, I usually playthough them twice, once on hard, and then again on the hardest difficulty (which is still easy) to get trophies and such, but co-sign the rest. I'm not gonna say the combat is wack, but compared to those other games, it's extremely lacking. Matter of fact, Darksiders 2 might even be better combat-wise than ? of War. I still ? with the franchise tho.

I agree that the other games have deeper combo systems but they lack in every other aspects of gaming.Dante is a cheesy character and Beyonetta is a lame character and all of them minus Darksiders only have combat to focus on.Besides NG3 was trash and both it and Beyonetta as well as Darksiders show.obvious influence from GOW.

Bayonetta took influence from DMC for reason funkdoc mentioned. Jaffe said that he was influenced by DMC when he made the first GOW. NG3 nothing like GOW either, if anything it more dead or alive. I give GOW the edge in graphic, story and overall epicness but combat is basically square square triangle, dodge and repeat. Never felt the need to use any other weapon beside the chaos blades

Not the entire game, I am talking about certain parts. It's no question that GOW as influenced the genre the most out of any franchise since Castlevania which changed its style because of GOW for Lords of Shadow. I am not just talking graphics when I say technically, GOW has better physics in which the enemies collide with each other and the environment. They are all better than MGSR though ...this game is garbage lol.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never played a MGS game so I cant be emotional bout w/e it is yall ? cryin bout. When I watched the opening cut scene in the OP I was like "? this ? look wack" then when I see this ? cuttin up body parts and fightin bosses I could see myself gettin this.

• scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    To dodge you to have to press X+A and move the thumbstick left or right on 360, ps3: square+X and move the thumbstick left or right
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    To dodge you to have to press X+A and move the thumbstick left or right on 360, ps3: square+X and move the thumbstick left or right
    Ether to me then lol. Still don't like it tho.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ........ I quit after the two Geckos too. Just not feeling it.

Will probably give it another try later down.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Does it look wack or does it not look like a traditional MGS game. Cause you know it's not even called Metal Gear Solid, right?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, not a traditional MGS. Pure action. Just the alerts and characters are Metal Gear.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also S ranked the demo it was fun better than any metal gear game I have played . I like cyborg ninja/raiden better than Solid Snake anyway
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also S ranked the demo it was fun better than any metal gear game I have played . I like cyborg ninja/raiden better than ISolid Snake anyway
    Get out of my thread with your trolling
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just beat the demo its meh IMO, you dont have to fight the enemies but its not really stealth lol I just walked the wall and skipped those 2 Geckos and all the soldiers
  • Crimson11
    Crimson11 Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    Demo was great, hack and slash at it's finest, got the gray fox skin on pre-order can't wait until it comes out
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    I also S ranked the demo it was fun better than any metal gear game I have played . I like cyborg ninja/raiden better than ISolid Snake anyway
    Get out of my thread with your trolling

Metal Gear has to be one of the most overrated IP in gaming and Solid Snake ol' hiding in a cardboard box ? ass the most overrated character in gaming . Deflecting Bullets with a sword, Slicing Mechs and Cyborgs in a million pieces >>>>
  • JeromeChance
    JeromeChance Members Posts: 5
    Options
    I played through it. My wife does PR for gaming companies so she got an advance copy. I wont ruin it for anyone but it is fun but real short. I think its only 7 stages. Most of it is cut scenes and dialogue. The graphics are crazy though. I literally beat the game in one sitting. If you have Gamefly rent it. Don't buy it.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    If you can beat it in one-sitting, then ? Gamefly, you might as well redbox that ? .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I played through it. My wife does PR for gaming companies so she got an advance copy. I wont ruin it for anyone but it is fun but real short. I think its only 7 stages. Most of it is cut scenes and dialogue. The graphics are crazy though. I literally beat the game in one sitting. If you have Gamefly rent it. Don't buy it.

Well I guess the PS3 die hards will be happy to know its alot more like Metal Gear Solid 4 then they thought.
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    from playstation blog

Metal Gear Rising Gets Exclusive VR Missions on PS3

+ Posted by Dalton Link // Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is, in essence, a best of both worlds. Combining the top-notch action expected from the over-the-top experts at PlatinumGames combined with the deep storytelling and rich narrative of Kojima Productions, it plays to all its strengths. It is a return to form for some, with such classic Metal Gear appearances like Codec calls, Metal Gear Ray, High Frequency Blades and the titular character, Raiden, but infused with new elements like new villains, new allies, and the much-anticipated Blade Mode (try it out now in the demo available on PSN).

But what I’m excited to unveil today should be an old favorite for any Metal Gear fan, PlayStation-exclusive DLC VR Missions! Adding 30 all-new missions to the game, featuring that classic VR/Virtual Reality look inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, the pack is pure, uncut gameplay that pushes Raiden’s Cyborg body to its limits.

Featuring a mix of combat training, tactical maneuvering, stealth-based approaches and more, these missions will both provide practice in which to hone your skills in original stages not seen the in the game’s campaign, and feature an eclectic mix of challenges that any veteran of METAL GEAR SOLID 2: Substance or METAL GEAR SOLID: VR Missions would come to expect. And, in an interesting twist, you’ll be able to take control of the much loved/hated Dwarf Gekko in the VR Missions.