St. Louis Pastor Refuses to Pay Auto-Gratuity, Asks Server Why She Deserves a Bigger Tip Than ?

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
By: Neetzan Zimmerman

Unhappy with having to pay a restaurant's auto-gratuity of 18% for parties of eight or more, a ? -off pastor used his receipt to express his indignation.

"I give ? 10% — why do you get 18?," the man wrote above the auto gratuity line before crossing out the pre-printed tip and signing the receipt "pastor."

The St. Louis-area server who posted a pic of the receipt on Reddit said the pastor was dining with a party of 20, and asked to have the $200+ bill broken up into smaller increments in a failed attempt to avoid paying the 18% tip.

"They had no problem with my service, and told me I was great," the server said. "They just didn't want to pay when the time came."

Redditors have been trying to track down the less-than-charitable Christian, but have so far been unable to identify the culprit.

At least one pastor was forced to issue a response denying responsibility, and the server herself has asked fellow Redditors to stop posting personal information of random people "who don't deserve a Reddit mob banging down their Internet door."

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would knock his ? loving ass the ? out.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why don't Christians see this is the reason Non-Christians hate them?

Let them tell it, it's because other see something special in them and are jealous. Nah, it because they see you are an ? and don't want to deal with it.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at Pastors and their family riding round in Benz & BMW. Always having a serman on tithes and offering. You do t pay you go g to hell. Talmbout bout I started off poor but look at me now. But I not bragging look what ? has done for me and the congregation eat it up. Wondering why they're not getting these kind of blessings. Indeed to open up me a church.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SMH at Pastors and their family riding round in Benz & BMW. Always having a serman on tithes and offering. You do t pay you go g to hell. Talmbout bout I started off poor but look at me now. But I not bragging look what ? has done for me and the congregation eat it up. Wondering why they're not getting these kind of blessings. Indeed to open up me a church.

Boy I hate those sermons with a passion. I left the last church I went to because all they talked about was tithes. Going to church felt like watching one of those PBS telethons.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was no man of ? , if he dont want to tip than dont go out and eat!
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have wrote
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Because ? only exists in the minds of man. Therefore, ? 's imaginary "existence" depends on the real existence of man. Humans >>> ?

and handed it back to him
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6 funky dollars. Had a 200$ bill broken down, and still aggy about 6 funky ass bills.

What a ? .

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? Will Do Anything To Get Out Shelling Out A Few Dollas
  • The Prodigalson
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Cheap as pastor. I alWays tip big. There are benefits with that ? wether ? know it or not. I get extra food more alcohol or what ever.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    ? tipping

░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄ ░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█ ░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ █░▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ █░▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ █░░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ █░░░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ ░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ ░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ ░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█ ░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ ░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░█▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the pastor already paid the 18% tip because it was included in his bill..so him writing made no sense..the blank tip part was for an additional tip on top of the $6.29 he already tipped
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he real. its not the pastor's fault that the server opts to work for 2.34/hr and expects more money.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The funny thing about the Pastor's ? is that his point is he shouldn't have to tip her more than he gives ? , but in the end he tried not to give her anything. So the religious stuff is an obvious cover of his selfishness, which by the way isn't Christianly.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    the pastor already paid the 18% tip because it was included in his bill..so him writing made no sense..the blank tip part was for an additional tip on top of the $6.29 he already tipped
    Pretty much but he wasn't bright enough to realize that the gratuity was already included in the bill. They just showed how much he paid into it.

• Sonny_Cochran
    Sonny_Cochran Members Posts: 75
    Options
    Why should you tip servers in the first place? They have a job, the owners of the restaurants should pay them a decent hourly wage instead of paying them ? and expecting customers to pay them for their service.

Or the restaurant can just pay them a percentage of the total receipts they get for the day/week.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Why should you tip servers in the first place? They have a job, the owners of the restaurants should pay them a decent hourly wage instead of paying them ? and expecting customers to pay them for their service.

Or the restaurant can just pay them a percentage of the total receipts they get for the day/week.

Why do silly people always make this point? Do you not understand that if Restaurant owners paid the servers more instead of relying on tips, those wages would just be reflected in your bill anyway. In other words, you'd still end up paying that money, there just wouldn't be any option on how much you could give. So basically, that mandatory 18% gratuity you see at most restaurants for big parties would simply become a service fee associated with eating in the restaurant or be spread out in a raising of the prices for all the food.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You give the church 10% of your entire paycheck, you give the waitress 18% of the cost of the meal.

Don't get me wrong though, I ain't down with tipping.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't believe this is real
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....what kinda religous mufucka dont wanna pay for service?
  • The Prodigalson
    edited January 2013
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    ....what kinda religous mufucka dont wanna pay for service?

That's just it. He's religious and not a true follower of "? ". Religious people are the worst kind of Christians.
  • Sonny_Cochran
    Sonny_Cochran Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    Options

Why do silly people always make this point? Do you not understand that if Restaurant owners paid the servers more instead of relying on tips, those wages would just be reflected in your bill anyway. In other words, you'd still end up paying that money, there just wouldn't be any option on how much you could give. So basically, that mandatory 18% gratuity you see at most restaurants for big parties would simply become a service fee associated with eating in the restaurant or be spread out in a raising of the prices for all the food.

That point would only be silly if I didn't already know the price of the food would be increased. Which is the way it should work.

Doesn't bother me, everything you purchase has the costs associated with labor and production already factored into it. Restaurants should do the same, and if the price of food rises, that really isn't a big deal to me, but you shouldn't expect people to pay extra on their bill to pay their employees. Those servers maybe serving me, but they're not working for me, they're not my employee, they do not get any benefits from me.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

That point would only be silly if I didn't already know the price of the food would be increased. Which is the way it should work.

Doesn't bother me, everything you purchase has the costs associated with labor and production already factored into it. Restaurants should do the same, and if the price of food rises, that really isn't a big deal to me, but you shouldn't expect people to pay extra on their bill to pay their employees. Those servers maybe serving me, but they're not working for me, they're not my employee, they do not get any benefits from me.

Sooooo basically you're saying it's ok for them to mandate that you pay a certain amount in order to pay for service, but it's wrong for them to give you the option to pay what you want for the service. Well, if that makes since to you then go ahead and roll with it.